Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree115Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2018, 10:28 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
I agree, this was out and out discrimination against Homosexuality

This is different than the baker case because this was like putting up a sign "No Irish" or "Colored and White" water fountains.

The backer didn't refuse service he refused to participate artistically in something that violated his faith.

I would feel the same way if a Muslim said I cannot decorate a cake that says or inferred "Jesus is God who Became Man lived among us, died and for our sins"
Never said they couldn't come to the gym they said they would not have a special day for them.
Braveheart is offline  
Old June 7th, 2018, 10:30 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,299
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
Why we keep responding to a lying bigot like you?

I don't know - I guess it's just our evil child like natures that make us want to point and laugh.
Because secretly you hope if I persist the conviction will be to much, and you will finally repent.
Braveheart is offline  
Old June 7th, 2018, 10:49 AM   #43
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
Never said they couldn't come to the gym they said they would not have a special day for them.
But that does not violate their faith. They didn't ask them to have a wedding in the store, or a Baptism or hold church services... Which would force them to violate their faith, nor did they say the person had to participate in the day. Which is the difference in the baker case.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old June 7th, 2018, 11:00 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Chicago
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
But that does not violate their faith. They didn't ask them to have a wedding in the store, or a Baptism or hold church services... Which would force them to violate their faith, nor did they say the person had to participate in the day. Which is the difference in the baker case.
Well initially, the gym had scheduled an event for Pride. Its wasn't a "day", it was just a class. Then they canceled it. On top of that, they insulted and demeaned the very members who were signed up for it as well as the trainers and other employees.

They all quit and the gym had to shut down. Rightly so. When you shit on your customers and employees, it's gonna come back to you. The larger company was not happy with that at all and got rid of the culprits. Again, rightly so.

End of story.
Thanks from Lyzza

Last edited by leekohler2; June 7th, 2018 at 11:04 AM.
leekohler2 is offline  
Old June 7th, 2018, 11:14 AM   #45
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by leekohler2 View Post
Well initially, the gym had scheduled an event for Pride. Its wasn't a "day", it was just a class. Then they canceled it. On top of that, they insulted and demeaned the very members who were signed up for it as well as the trainers and other employees.

They all quit and the gym had to shut down. Rightly so. When you shit on your customers and employees, it's gonna come back to you. The larger company was not happy with that at all and got rid of the culprits. Again, rightly so.

End of story.
It is for the homosexuals to show THEIR PRIDE not the owners to show theirs.

I agree, the Gym violated their rights,

Now if those holding the event, had said You (the owner) has to stand up and give a speech saying how proud you are of homosexuality (I would agree with the owner)

There is a line that is in stone.. not sand not a line that moves, is that the person should not be FORCED to participate. Which is why the Baker was right, and the Gym owners were not.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old June 7th, 2018, 11:20 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
Yes, you think it will make me defensive, or get me to stop telling the truth, nice try, it's the oldest ploy in the book other than hey look over there.
It already has made you defensive. *shrug*
I don't want you to stop speaking. EVERY post of yours gives me the opportunity to point out the bigotry, the lack of logic and reason in RW conservative Christian's politics/ideology.
DON"T STOP, you are pure gold to me.
Thanks from leekohler2
Hollywood is offline  
Old June 7th, 2018, 11:21 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Chicago
Posts: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
It is for the homosexuals to show THEIR PRIDE not the owners to show theirs.

I agree, the Gym violated their rights,

Now if those holding the event, had said You (the owner) has to stand up and give a speech saying how proud you are of homosexuality (I would agree with the owner)

There is a line that is in stone.. not sand not a line that moves, is that the person should not be FORCED to participate. Which is why the Baker was right, and the Gym owners were not.
I'm not arguing, just clarifying:

It was the gym that was holding the event. That event was organized by trainers and coaches at the gym. No one asked them to do it.
leekohler2 is offline  
Old June 7th, 2018, 11:22 AM   #48
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by leekohler2 View Post
https://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-pride-workout

Capitalism at work. Thanks Crossfit for getting rid of this guy and gym. More here:

https://www.wthr.com/article/indy-gy...event-canceled

It ain't just about cakes, folks.
What is it about?
caconservative is offline  
Old June 7th, 2018, 11:22 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
Good for Catholics they are a cult anyway! I can explain that sometime if you wish!

The Bible is God's Holy Word, it says it is, that is all I care about.
Oh, wait just a minute her. Catholicism is a cult?
Take that premise a bit further, are you or are you not trying to claim that Catholics are not Christians?
That's a pretty much yes or no question.
Hollywood is offline  
Old June 7th, 2018, 11:23 AM   #50
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by leekohler2 View Post
I'm not arguing, just clarifying:

It was the gym that was holding the event. That event was organized by trainers and coaches at the gym. No one asked them to do it.
I think it was probably a corporate decision not the local Gym's to hold the event nationwide. (I am not 100% sure of that so don't go ballistic)

It was the local franchise that backed out..
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
cancel, crossfit, decision, exec, fired, gym, indy, pride, supporting, workout



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
State Police raid Indy office in growing voter fraud case excalibur Current Events 4 October 6th, 2016 07:34 PM
IRS tax exemption/Obamacare exec got $103,390 in bonuses excalibur Current Events 0 May 16th, 2013 05:35 PM
House Republicans cancel 'fiscal cliff' vote, leaving decision to Obama and Senate Dude111 Americas 146 January 10th, 2013 03:28 AM
Dnc Exec Committee Elects First Trans Member Ray Kaye Gay and Lesbian Rights 3 September 14th, 2011 12:31 PM
SEAL Workout tadpole256 Opinion Polls 9 November 2nd, 2006 09:37 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.