Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree105Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2018, 01:36 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 8,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
i served the flag and I don’t find the action of taking a knee offensive at all. I served in the military to PROTECT the right of these people to protest.
And so did I... I never said that the overpaid Football players do not have the right to Kneel....That is up to the NFL to decide....But I also have the right to call them overpaid ungrateful assholes and boycott their stupid game..

And yes you served and are not offended, that is your right...but I (and one hell of a lot of other veterans) also reserve the right to be offended..
Jimgorn is offline  
Old June 10th, 2018, 01:39 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 8,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
So police killing unarmed minorities is BS and not based in fact?
What does that have to do with respecting the National Anthem.... Strawman...
Jimgorn is offline  
Old June 10th, 2018, 01:44 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
What does that have to do with respecting the National Anthem.... Strawman...
Oh say does that star spangled banner yet wave. O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Very hard to believe this is the “land of the free” when people of your race are being shot by the cops while unarmed.
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old June 10th, 2018, 01:45 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
And so did I... I never said that the overpaid Football players do not have the right to Kneel....That is up to the NFL to decide....But I also have the right to call them overpaid ungrateful assholes and boycott their stupid game..

And yes you served and are not offended, that is your right...but I (and one hell of a lot of other veterans) also reserve the right to be offended..
And a hell of a lot of veterans are not offended because we know that this is what we were serving for
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old June 10th, 2018, 01:52 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 8,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
And a hell of a lot of veterans are not offended because we know that this is what we were serving for
Here is what is hypocritical about Clara's (and your) argument.... You are saying that it is noble to protest, but it is not noble to protest the protesters....Which is it??... I am all for being able to opt out of paying my cable server for ESPN and let the idiots kneel all they want..
Jimgorn is offline  
Old June 10th, 2018, 02:05 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
Here is what is hypocritical about Clara's (and your) argument.... You are saying that it is noble to protest, but it is not noble to protest the protesters....Which is it??... I am all for being able to opt out of paying my cable server for ESPN and let the idiots kneel all they want..
So, please do so. Who cares?
Thanks from Clara007
Hollywood is offline  
Old June 10th, 2018, 02:16 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 8,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
So, please do so. Who cares?
Who cares??...those of us who can not opt out of paying for those sports channels.. Why is that??....What is your answer Oh Wise One??
Jimgorn is offline  
Old June 10th, 2018, 03:27 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantigonos View Post
I understand why it seems hypocritical to oppose the protests we see in the news today, but it isn't that people object to protesting, it's that they object to the false premises that the protests are predicated on.

You are 100% correct that Americans have a right to protest and protesting the flag is not an exception. However, I believe what offends some people about protesting the flag is that it is like convicting an innocent man of a crime he didn't commit. It's a matter of perspective. The Flag is not the perpetrator and of course, I am not saying the protesters are mad at the flag itself, but what they BELIEVE the flag represents.

Contrary to some of the statements here about what the flag represents, it is NOT about the soldiers who fought and died for this country- any more than it is about the tyrannical government that flies it during wartime.

The Flag is a symbol of the Founding principles of freedom and liberty. To protest it is like saying that you oppose freedom. It represents the PRINCIPLES of what America is supposed to be- NOT everything that is wrong about it.

As for why 'patriots' don't like protesters and their protests, it is because the majority, if not all of the protests in the past decade that you see in the media, are disingenuous and based on misinformation.

I can name a bunch, probably all of them and why they have caused more harm than good in this country, which is why Americans despise them. None of them have accomplished anything, even gay marriage was a nothingburger when it comes to actual outcome.

When people protest on false premises or their movement is ignorant of reality (ie; contrary to facts and stats), they do not solve anything more than create hostility and resentment. When there are already laws in place that are intended to deliver the outcome a protest is seeking, the protest is seen as frivolous. When people act the way they do at modern protests, the protests are seen as anarchy and chaos more than a genuine desire to accomplish something that is legitimately justifiable.

To put it simple and answer your question, people despise the protests because they know they are based in BS. People know that the inspiration of those protests are based in misinformation that is propagated by the media, with very little or no personal verification for truth.

The premises of the majority of protests in the last decade have been debunked soundly on numerous occasions, but the people who 'organize' them have an agenda, which relies on the ignorance of the participants.


Oh. So YOU THINK YOU GET TO decide which protests are worthy and which are not?? WOW!

As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter WHY people protest. The point is that they CAN protest. It is our right. We can protest FOR or AGAINST ham sandwiches. WE can protest FOR or AGAINST anything we want.

Protests are about sending messages and starting debates. Protests are supposed to bring attention to problems that need to be solved or people who need to be saved.
In the past protests HAVE OFTEN inspired social changes. Protests encourage the development of an engaged and informed citizenry. They strengthen representative democracy by enabling direct participation in public affairs. They enable individuals and groups to express dissent and grievances, to share views and opinions, to expose FLAWS in governance and to publicly demand that the authorities and other powerful entities rectify problems and are accountable for their actions.

How about we let the voters of this nation DECIDE what is worthy of protest?
Thanks from right to left
Clara007 is offline  
Old June 10th, 2018, 03:30 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
Here is what is hypocritical about Clara's (and your) argument.... You are saying that it is noble to protest, but it is not noble to protest the protesters....Which is it??... I am all for being able to opt out of paying my cable server for ESPN and let the idiots kneel all they want..
There is a difference in what you are protesting. The players are protesting that unarmed people are being killed by the cops. Something ALL of us should be protesting.

You’re protesting that they are protesting. See the difference?
Thanks from Clara007
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old June 10th, 2018, 03:30 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 11,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Ass View Post
Wrong. There is nothing in the Constitution about the right to protest the flag. It's disrespectful to kneel when the National Anthem is played. You can try and twist that all day, but you're not gonna justify it.
When you get to the First Amendment, you might want to revise this post...
goober is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
applauded, protests



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Protests. Will they become illegal? Clara007 Civil Rights 166 October 2nd, 2017 12:41 PM
Pro-EU protests in Ukraine romansvintitskiy Current Events 0 April 16th, 2016 11:41 AM
Wisconsin Protests npr Current Events 4 February 21st, 2011 02:51 PM
Palin applauded at anti-abortion event in Indiana CNN Current Events 4 April 17th, 2009 12:29 PM
Palin applauded at anti-abortion event in Indiana Current Events 0 December 31st, 1969 04:00 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.