Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree85Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 4th, 2018, 12:18 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 4,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Now I like that post! It can be embarrassing to admit we are wrong, but maybe we can be gentle with ourselves and realize we are wrong many times during the week, week after week. We buy something and realize it wasn't worth the money. How about watering the garden too much or not enough? A trip to the Bahamas sounds like a great idea until the roof leaks and the discretionary money must be spent on the roof. Small things or big things, we are not right 100% of the time and this is why democracy is so important!

Scientifically it is proved our judgment is a lot better when it is an average of what all of us think is right. We need to stop our petty bickering and the goddamn "socialist, leftist, democrats republicans, etc. think shit and are lying, lazy jerks and cowards". Come on folks, why doesn't everyone see what is wrong with that? That is for Nazi, Germany not America. I think in the past when we had a different education, we understood our chances of doing the right thing, improve when we work together. Our different points of view are needed to get to the right answer, and sometimes we just have to learn from our mistakes, but let us always stay focused on the problem and possible solutions. We had education for well-rounded individuals and replaced that with education for experts and we are so screwed right now!!!!

Do we know enough about economics? Stopping our destruction of the planet does mean fewer jobs, but who thinks allowing a native American tribe to fish the fish, or kill the last eagle, is a good thing? Our industry is like many tribes consuming the earth's resources? What is wrong with our thinking that prevents us from thinking this through? Or the tariff thing. Sure some industry will benefit but others will be hurt when the world reacts to the tariff. We don't know how good or bad things will be until we give it a try and think this stuff through. MOSTLY LET US BE HONEST. WE DON'T KNOW AS MUCH AS WE WANT EVERYONE TO THINK WE KNOW. OUR ATTITUDE NEEDS TO CHANGE FOR US TO DO BETTER. OUR EDUCATION NEEDS TO CHANGE TO SAVE OUR DEMOCRACY.
Well, staying on focus in regards to trade and tariffs. Trump and the left (until recently) our correct. Other countries impose tariffs or hidden tariffs on our exports at a much higher rate than we do. We sent our jobs over seas to child an prison labor nations, called it global trade and got cheaper iphones. The good ole GOP establishment loves it,the libertarians love it (not sure when the libertarians flipped on this). The left stood against it until Trump actually did what the left had called for. Now, this can go to far, but so far I do not believe it has. If we can put people back to work, open factories back up then we should. Yes, we might absorb some higher costs doing it a long the way, but putting American workers first is what we should have been doing a long time ago. We use to do that. We stopped doing it, we destroyed many of our trade and labor unions, we demolished our ability to produce things. All over, now get ready, because your going to say I sound like a Socialist, we did it all over allowing greed at the top to get its way.
guy39 is offline  
Old July 4th, 2018, 05:36 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Well, staying on focus in regards to trade and tariffs. Trump and the left (until recently) our correct. Other countries impose tariffs or hidden tariffs on our exports at a much higher rate than we do. We sent our jobs over seas to child an prison labor nations, called it global trade and got cheaper iphones. The good ole GOP establishment loves it,the libertarians love it (not sure when the libertarians flipped on this). The left stood against it until Trump actually did what the left had called for. Now, this can go to far, but so far I do not believe it has. If we can put people back to work, open factories back up then we should. Yes, we might absorb some higher costs doing it a long the way, but putting American workers first is what we should have been doing a long time ago. We use to do that. We stopped doing it, we destroyed many of our trade and labor unions, we demolished our ability to produce things. All over, now get ready, because your going to say I sound like a Socialist, we did it all over allowing greed at the top to get its way.
You motivated me to look for more information. This looks like a good source of information and if others were interested I would be in favor of downloading the annual report for myself. We could all study the material and discuss it. https://www.wto.org/english/res_e/statis_e/statis_e.htm
Athena is offline  
Old July 4th, 2018, 06:16 PM   #33
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
How about this, make it law that absolutely no military action can be taken without a congressional budget for that action? The only exception would be if were we under an ongoing attack. 9/11 would not qualify for two reasons. It was not an attack on America, but on the Military Industrial Complex of the New World Order. Secondly, once the damage was done, that was the end of it, a nation was not attacking us with military force.

We paid for world wars by selling war bonds and budgeting for war. We are in trouble now because we have gone to wars on credit and cut taxes at the same time. How sane is that?


Federal reserve act....1913

Income tax......1913

WW I.....1914


Do you believe that is a coincidence?
Sabcat is offline  
Old July 5th, 2018, 04:36 AM   #34
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Federal reserve act....1913

Income tax......1913

WW I.....1914


Do you believe that is a coincidence?
I believe in educating myself of the history. The U.S. was not originally fighting in WWI in 1914. Austria attacked Serbia. Germany joined Austria and then attacked Russia. France, Great Britain and Russia were aligned and fought both Germany and Austria. The U.S. did not enter the war until later. Your presumption that WWI was brought about by the Federal Reserve Act or the Income Tax is totally ignorant. Read your basic history before you post.
Thanks from RNG and leekohler2
Camelot is offline  
Old July 5th, 2018, 06:31 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
I believe in educating myself of the history. The U.S. was not originally fighting in WWI in 1914. Austria attacked Serbia. Germany joined Austria and then attacked Russia. France, Great Britain and Russia were aligned and fought both Germany and Austria. The U.S. did not enter the war until later. Your presumption that WWI was brought about by the Federal Reserve Act or the Income Tax is totally ignorant. Read your basic history before you post.
And you expected intelligence?
leekohler2 is online now  
Old July 5th, 2018, 07:22 AM   #36
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by leekohler2 View Post
And you expected intelligence?
A basic understanding of world history isn’t asking too much.
Camelot is offline  
Old July 5th, 2018, 07:24 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
A basic understanding of world history isn’t asking too much.
Clearly, it's asking way too much. I'm getting pretty sick of stupid fucks. I really am.
leekohler2 is online now  
Old July 5th, 2018, 07:42 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Federal reserve act....1913

Income tax......1913

WW I.....1914


Do you believe that is a coincidence?
Of course, that was not a coincidence. Why do you ask? What is your point? The US has gone through a period of worshipping youth and I think this was a mistake. A 14 year old may be very proud to demonstrate a knowledge of some facts, but a more mature person may realize an argument is more than a statement of a few facts.

An argument is a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong. What is your idea? Once your thought is completed we may have a really good discussion.
Thanks from leekohler2
Athena is offline  
Old July 5th, 2018, 07:49 AM   #39
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
I believe in educating myself of the history. The U.S. was not originally fighting in WWI in 1914. Austria attacked Serbia. Germany joined Austria and then attacked Russia. France, Great Britain and Russia were aligned and fought both Germany and Austria. The U.S. did not enter the war until later. Your presumption that WWI was brought about by the Federal Reserve Act or the Income Tax is totally ignorant. Read your basic history before you post.
So sad camel, just towing the line. You leftists just interpret whatever you want.


The post apparently was way over your head w/ that juvenile response.
Sabcat is offline  
Old July 5th, 2018, 07:58 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by leekohler2 View Post
Clearly, it's asking way too much. I'm getting pretty sick of stupid fucks. I really am.
Oh my goodness! It is expecting too much for people who entered these discussions to have a basic understanding of world history? Why is that expecting too much?

Maybe I have jumped to the wrong conclusion but you appear to be very frustrated. I suggest if you do not know the history, you google it like I do when I am not sure of what others are talking about. The goal is to use our reasoning functions, not to know everything there is to know. It is impossible to know everything. There is no shame in not knowing something, only in not making an effort to know something before posting and speaking as though the problem is caused by others.
Athena is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
depression, economic, lead, tariffs



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recession Is A Synonym For Depression Flanders111 Economics 0 June 12th, 2018 08:11 AM
is depression really a disease? webguy4 Healthcare 63 November 22nd, 2014 03:36 AM
another depression comeing just like it did in ww2 dusty Current Events 8 June 4th, 2013 03:27 PM
Korea-Us Fta Agreement Will Lead To Economic Recovery jasonmarz Politicians 0 December 7th, 2011 09:19 PM
The MOST Effective Treatment for Depression Isn't Drugs... intangible child Healthcare 0 May 12th, 2010 01:03 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.