Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree85Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2018, 08:00 AM   #41
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by leekohler2 View Post
Clearly, it's asking way too much. I'm getting pretty sick of stupid fucks. I really am.

There is an easy solution for that, it is even legal in some states now. You could always go the tide pod route too. Just please don't fail at this too.
Sabcat is offline  
Old July 5th, 2018, 08:06 AM   #42
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Of course, that was not a coincidence. Why do you ask? What is your point? The US has gone through a period of worshipping youth and I think this was a mistake. A 14 year old may be very proud to demonstrate a knowledge of some facts, but a more mature person may realize an argument is more than a statement of a few facts.

An argument is a reason or set of reasons given with the aim of persuading others that an action or idea is right or wrong. What is your idea? Once your thought is completed we may have a really good discussion.

My point is this.

Here is the post of yours i was quoting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
How about this, make it law that absolutely no military action can be taken without a congressional budget for that action? The only exception would be if were we under an ongoing attack. 9/11 would not qualify for two reasons. It was not an attack on America, but on the Military Industrial Complex of the New World Order. Secondly, once the damage was done, that was the end of it, a nation was not attacking us with military force.

We paid for world wars by selling war bonds and budgeting for war. We are in trouble now because we have gone to wars on credit and cut taxes at the same time. How sane is that?


Before the creation of central banks and the income tax nations had to take out loans to continue their wars. Many times the banksters would back both sides of the war. W/ the creation of both the federal reserve and the income tax the US now had unlimited funds for war. Want to stop the warmongering end the fed and the income tax. Then the warmongers would have to beg for funds from the population and not just take them at will.
Sabcat is offline  
Old July 5th, 2018, 08:19 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,880
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
I believe in educating myself of the history. The U.S. was not originally fighting in WWI in 1914. Austria attacked Serbia. Germany joined Austria and then attacked Russia. France, Great Britain and Russia were aligned and fought both Germany and Austria. The U.S. did not enter the war until later. Your presumption that WWI was brought about by the Federal Reserve Act or the Income Tax is totally ignorant. Read your basic history before you post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
So sad camel, just towing the line. You leftists just interpret whatever you want.


The post apparently was way over your head w/ that juvenile response.
Athena is not the mother goddess but the goddess of liberty and justice and the defender of those who stands for liberty and justice, but I often I feel like I am taking the role of the mother who corrects the children. Good manners are essential to good reasoning.

Quote:
Your presumption that WWI was brought about by the Federal Reserve Act or the Income Tax is totally ignorant. Read your basic history before you post.
That looks disrespectful to me, and I do not agree with your assumed truths.
Why wouldn't the fighting in Europe concern aware people in the US? Preparing for the possibility of war by taking care of the economic part of war readiness is not so different from buying house insurance when your neighbor's house burns down. Sure it was very unlikely the US would be attacked because of oceans being a pretty large moat to cross, but industries had economic interests in Europe and some probably felt compelled to protect their economic interest, and the government would have to take that into consideration because if industries lost money, the nation looses money.

And Sabcat, there is no question your reply was disrespectful. Saying Camelot is being "juvenile" is like the kettle calling the pot black.

Last edited by Athena; July 5th, 2018 at 08:21 AM.
Athena is offline  
Old July 5th, 2018, 08:46 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: ohio
Posts: 1,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Republican politicians are pretty spineless. There is only one issue that will compel them to stand up to Don the Con. MONEY !!!! Mess with their campaign contributions and they will act. Corporate america opposes these tariffs. They will turn up the heat on the spineless Republicans.

So the make up your friggin mind, are you for, or against big Corporations, because here it sounds like you are for the corps as longs as they are doing your bidding you double minded fool!
Thanks from Sabcat
Braveheart is online now  
Old July 5th, 2018, 08:48 AM   #45
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
A basic understanding of world history isn’t asking too much.
Don't we wish that were true?
RNG is offline  
Old July 5th, 2018, 08:59 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,880
Europe's wars and US economics.

This is the first time in several years that I have pulled out one of the Great Debates In American History (1913) books off my shelve to reply to a post. The final book is mostly debates about using silver in our coinage.

Quote:
We should remember that the discrimination made against silver is what has already driven the bullion value of the silver dollar, as compared with gold, down to 80 cents. In 1872 and 1873 Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and later Holland, demonetized silver. The action of these governments had a double effect- it increased the demand for gold, thereby appreciating its value; it decreased the demand for silver, thereby depreciating its value. At that time the silver in our dollar was above par. The states of the Latin Union, at that time possessing an abundance of silver, were compelled, as a matter of self protection, to close their mints to this unnatural stream. Our country without silver coin, with an immense debt to pay, every dollar of which, by every principle of law and equity, of honesty and justice, was payable in silver coin, was the desert upon which this current should have been turned. Such a policy would probably have averted the great panic of 1873, which swept across the continent like a besom of destruction marking its course by a destruction of values never before witnessed.
Our debt?! To whom did we owe this debt?

"Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and later Holland, demonetized silver", hum, would that influence the decision of which side we should take in the European war?

I wish I had the rest of the day for reading copying and arguing in the forum. Thanks everyone!
Athena is offline  
Old July 5th, 2018, 09:24 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Don't we wish that were true?
A warning- There is way too much to know and even if we have known much, at the present moment we may not remember what we know. Also because I collect old books and reference them every once in awhile, I am impressed with important facts that never get into our history books. A person would have to be devoted to studying history and doing the research of historians to be as well informed as we would like.

Another problem comes up. This is an international forum and it is unrealistic to expect people from the around the world to know our history, or even if they do know our history, to have the same point of view we have.

If we are not to be as Nazi, Germany we must remember our national values and the importance of good manners in the process of reasoning, and that our reasoning should never be something we write in stone. The height of our intelligence is not the number of facts we remember but how well we reason. I think education for technology has really screwed us up. Our expectations of each other are messed up and our understanding of reasoning is non-existent. We have no awareness of what morals have to do with democracy, so what we don't understand the value of reasoning to democracy, nor do we understand why some thought democracy was worth defending. Damn the change in education screwed us up.
Athena is offline  
Old July 5th, 2018, 09:29 AM   #48
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveheart View Post
So the make up your friggin mind, are you for, or against big Corporations, because here it sounds like you are for the corps as longs as they are doing your bidding you double minded fool!
Braveheart, are you brave enough to post respectfully? Why are you using words that spark a person's emotions instead of writing to maintain calmness and reasoning? Your post is offensive and I don't start threads for that kind of disruption to the thinking process.
Athena is offline  
Old July 5th, 2018, 09:34 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 11,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Federal reserve act....1913

Income tax......1913

WW I.....1914


Do you believe that is a coincidence?
US entry into WWI 1917

looking more like a coincidence.....
goober is offline  
Old July 5th, 2018, 10:50 AM   #50
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
US entry into WWI 1917

looking more like a coincidence.....
Our anarchist buddy must think that it took 3 years for things to have an effect....
Camelot is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
depression, economic, lead, tariffs



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recession Is A Synonym For Depression Flanders111 Economics 0 June 12th, 2018 08:11 AM
is depression really a disease? webguy4 Healthcare 63 November 22nd, 2014 03:36 AM
another depression comeing just like it did in ww2 dusty Current Events 8 June 4th, 2013 03:27 PM
Korea-Us Fta Agreement Will Lead To Economic Recovery jasonmarz Politicians 0 December 7th, 2011 09:19 PM
The MOST Effective Treatment for Depression Isn't Drugs... intangible child Healthcare 0 May 12th, 2010 01:03 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.