Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree28Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2018, 05:52 PM   #11
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
Again. Over the past two months, our stock market is mixed. No big loss at all. China however has lost 22% of its stock value. Its a devistating loss. China is losing the war. Looks like Trump was correct.
Yes, that is why the Chamber of Commerce just called the con man out on his stupid actions. That is why the Conís administration is talking about giving the agricultural sector a $30 billion dollar bailout using taxpayer money. Embracing collectivism is NOT winning !!!! Itís SOCIALISM !!!!!!!!!
Camelot is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 05:55 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 4,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
It isn't devastating anyone who has any power. So it doesn't matter. It's not like they can vote the government out of office if they don't like it.
They are losong billions, while the USA is not. China is the one being hurt. Looks like Trump was correct.
justoneman is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 06:04 PM   #13
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
They are losong billions, while the USA is not. China is the one being hurt. Looks like Trump was correct.
Don the Conís administration is discussing bailing out the agricultural sector to the tune of $30 billion. You know, collectivism ? How is that winning ?
Camelot is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 06:32 PM   #14
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
They are losong billions, while the USA is not. China is the one being hurt. Looks like Trump was correct.
Who is they?
RNG is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 06:59 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Clicker II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 304
Dealing with other countries is a bit different from business and Trump knows that. In business all this dancing goes on in a couple of meetings and generally settled in days In International trade it's a different game. Trump is playing from a position of great strength. Chinas stock market is dropping like a rock and ours porpoises but keeps steady in the long run. China is playing a game of chicken that will take a battle of wills and show of real commitment is needed to get their attention. Tariffs that were imposed when China got started to protect their fledgling home production were good. They no longer need the protection. Their domestic market is getting larger all the time and a growing middle class is demanding more and more. Same goes for europe. Time for everyone to pay their own way and stop robbing our piggy bank to support their spending excesses.
Clicker II is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 07:36 PM   #16
PragmaticBastard
 
GluteusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clicker II View Post
Dealing with other countries is a bit different from business and Trump knows that. In business all this dancing goes on in a couple of meetings and generally settled in days In International trade it's a different game. Trump is playing from a position of great strength. Chinas stock market is dropping like a rock and ours porpoises but keeps steady in the long run. China is playing a game of chicken that will take a battle of wills and show of real commitment is needed to get their attention. Tariffs that were imposed when China got started to protect their fledgling home production were good. They no longer need the protection. Their domestic market is getting larger all the time and a growing middle class is demanding more and more. Same goes for europe. Time for everyone to pay their own way and stop robbing our piggy bank to support their spending excesses.
The Dow is 2,000 points below where it was 6 months ago. It peaked when companies were furiously buying back their stock. Since that artificial bump Trump can't keep his big, stupid mouth shut and the market has suffered as a result.

Trump will crash the US stock market within 6 months.
Thanks from Camelot and Clara007
GluteusMaximus is online now  
Old July 6th, 2018, 08:22 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 11,261
World trade is complex, and relies on stable rules, huge investments are made in the belief that the rules in place, will stay in place. Disrupt that, trade declines.
The world is poorer, and since the US is integrated in the world trade system, the US is poorer.

In general, any deal that Trump made that was complex, turned out bad.
World trade is about a hundred times as complex as the most complex casino deal he ever did (which was a disaster).

So realistically, how do you expect Trump Trade War to turn out?
Thanks from Camelot
goober is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 08:34 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 4,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by GluteusMaximus View Post
....
Trump will crash the US stock market within 6 months.
Stock markets go up and down. What do you consider a crash? 22% like in China now?
justoneman is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 08:49 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 11,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
Stock markets go up and down. What do you consider a crash? 22% like in China now?
Does China have elections coming up?
Is the Chinese government balanced between two parties, can a small change in upcoming elections shift the balance of power in China?

China doesn't have a time limit, the Trump does. Trump needs a victory, and he needs it quickly. The Chinese know, all they have to do is wait it out, and they win.
They have a clear path to victory.
Trump has put himself in a losing situation.

What do you think is going to happen?
Thanks from RNG and Camelot
goober is offline  
Old July 7th, 2018, 03:04 AM   #20
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Does China have elections coming up?
Is the Chinese government balanced between two parties, can a small change in upcoming elections shift the balance of power in China?

China doesn't have a time limit, the Trump does. Trump needs a victory, and he needs it quickly. The Chinese know, all they have to do is wait it out, and they win.
They have a clear path to victory.
Trump has put himself in a losing situation.

What do you think is going to happen?
They finance a significant portion of our debt. Therefore, they can control our interest rates. This Orange asshole has no clue what he is doing. It is all about his fragile ego. Are you tired of winning yet ?
Camelot is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
china, deficit, trade



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A trade deficit indicates the nation consumed more than it produced. Supposn Economics 1 June 21st, 2018 05:33 AM
Trade Deficit Hits Highest Level Since 2008 Camelot Current Events 3 February 6th, 2018 06:11 PM
Trade deficit roastpork Economics 1 October 23rd, 2014 04:54 PM
Reduce the trade deficit; increase GDP and median wage Supposn Economics 39 June 19th, 2014 07:48 AM
US Trade Deficit Plunges To Lowest Since Oct 2009 AmazonTania Current Events 21 August 7th, 2013 03:12 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.