Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree28Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2018, 03:37 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 12,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
Yahoo news hates Trump, yet this article makes it sound like China really has the short end of the stick. If this is so they will be pressed ro make changes to their US import tariffs .
Yahoo News is balanced but tilted left. The Trump tariffs went in effect yesterday and China said they retaliated without specifications. I think part of China's retaliation is against US farmers who had nothing to do with it. No more Soy Sauce for the common Chinese but Xi will have mega-gallons and make a killing in the Soy Sauce market.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old July 7th, 2018, 04:48 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
So I am not a believer in tariffs but on the other hand I am not sure what is gong to happen as a result of this trade war business. I am waiting to see what happens but I read this and it sure seems like the longer this goes on the tougher it is going to be for China.



and this is from the Trump hating Yahoo news.


https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump...--finance.html


Let's get a couple of things straight. Yahoo is owned by Verizon, through a company called Oath.
Samuel Shen works for Reuters--NOT YAHOO---and much of Yahoo's published pieces come from sources like Reuters, AP, FOX, ABC, etc.

So you can stop with the misinformation about Trump hating Yahoo news.

The tariffs are not equal opportunity--especially for the U.S.
Let's take a look at damage control. The United States will impose an additional 25% tariff on 818 categories of products from China valued at $34 billion. Tariffs on an additional $16 billion of Chinese goods also are planned for a later date.

The Chinese products include a variety of farm machinery, industrial products, medical devices, some motor vehicles and aircraft parts. They do not include such finished consumer goods as smartphones.

China has vowed to immediately respond with equivalent tariffs on U.S. products including soybeans, other farm crops, dairy products and automobiles.. Who's going to be in a world of hurt here? Trump?? His multi-billionaire friends?

Only 1% of the Chinese products set for the new tariffs are finished consumer goods. It is American farmers, businessmen, workers and consumers who will take the blows. In other words OUR MIDDLE CLASS. Trump (once again) is toying with workers who have already been kicked in the teeth for years.
Thanks from RNG
Clara007 is online now  
Old July 7th, 2018, 07:27 AM   #23
PragmaticBastard
 
GluteusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
Stock markets go up and down. What do you consider a crash? 22% like in China now?
I'm thinking more along the lines of 1929.
Thanks from Clara007
GluteusMaximus is online now  
Old July 7th, 2018, 08:37 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Let's get a couple of things straight. Yahoo is owned by Verizon, through a company called Oath.
Samuel Shen works for Reuters--NOT YAHOO---and much of Yahoo's published pieces come from sources like Reuters, AP, FOX, ABC, etc.

So you can stop with the misinformation about Trump hating Yahoo news.

The tariffs are not equal opportunity--especially for the U.S.
Let's take a look at damage control. The United States will impose an additional 25% tariff on 818 categories of products from China valued at $34 billion. Tariffs on an additional $16 billion of Chinese goods also are planned for a later date.

The Chinese products include a variety of farm machinery, industrial products, medical devices, some motor vehicles and aircraft parts. They do not include such finished consumer goods as smartphones.

China has vowed to immediately respond with equivalent tariffs on U.S. products including soybeans, other farm crops, dairy products and automobiles.. Who's going to be in a world of hurt here? Trump?? His multi-billionaire friends?

Only 1% of the Chinese products set for the new tariffs are finished consumer goods. It is American farmers, businessmen, workers and consumers who will take the blows. In other words OUR MIDDLE CLASS. Trump (once again) is toying with workers who have already been kicked in the teeth for years.
China and the EU are deliberately targeting states and industries that voted for Trump !! Hence the agri-belt states, Harley Davidson, Kentucky and Tennessee whiskey. Soy bean farmers are already taking the hit. I read an article yesterday that said they were down more than $100 an acre in profit. China has already switched to Brazil as it's main supplier. Corn, pork and cotton are soon to follow.
Thanks from RNG, Camelot and Clara007
BubbaJones is offline  
Old July 7th, 2018, 09:34 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
And the Chinese government doesn't care. They will subsidize and support businesses. They can carry the economy just on the strength of all the US T-bills they own.

You can't seem to figure out that it isn't the same system over there.
China is in the midst of deep economic troubles. A trade war would be devastating to China.
caconservative is offline  
Old July 7th, 2018, 09:38 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
China and the EU are deliberately targeting states and industries that voted for Trump !! Hence the agri-belt states, Harley Davidson, Kentucky and Tennessee whiskey. Soy bean farmers are already taking the hit. I read an article yesterday that said they were down more than $100 an acre in profit. China has already switched to Brazil as it's main supplier. Corn, pork and cotton are soon to follow.
These supposed allies are looking at a U.S. backlash. Trump is already threatening to pull subsidies for these countries.
caconservative is offline  
Old July 7th, 2018, 12:17 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 11,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
These supposed allies are looking at a U.S. backlash. Trump is already threatening to pull subsidies for these countries.
Subsidies?
We have huge tariffs on Brazilian sugar, to subsidize our ethanol industry.

World trade is complicated, disrupt it and everybody loses.
Trump thought he could threaten and bluster and everyone would fall in line.
Just like LBJ thought he could threaten and bluster and Ho Chi Minh would fall in line, how'd that work out?
Just like Bush thought he could threaten and bluster and the middle east would fall in line, how'd that work out?
Thanks from RNG and Camelot
goober is offline  
Old July 7th, 2018, 12:26 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
China is in the midst of deep economic troubles. A trade war would be devastating to China.
And do you honestly believe it won't be equally if not more devastating for us ?? Harley is looking to LOOSE more than $100 MILLION dollars per year because of the tariffs. So they take action to avoid the loss and now the Dumbster is targeting THEM for trying to avoid massive losses because of HIS actions !!! He's such a moron, doesn't even realize Harley has been building bikes in other countries for years !!!

If there are specific tariffs on US products that are unfair, then we need to be in negotiations with THOSE countries about THOSE tariffs. This one size fits all, shoot em all and let god sort em out, shot gun approach to economic diplomacy is going to hurt every one.
Thanks from Camelot

Last edited by BubbaJones; July 7th, 2018 at 12:42 PM.
BubbaJones is offline  
Old July 7th, 2018, 12:49 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
fandango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: U.S.
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
So I am not a believer in tariffs but on the other hand I am not sure what is gong to happen as a result of this trade war business. I am waiting to see what happens but I read this and it sure seems like the longer this goes on the tougher it is going to be for China.

and this is from the Trump hating Yahoo news.


https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump...--finance.html
Fuck the globalists. Most foreign trade must stop. If American's can't make it, Americans don't need it. There was a similar thing that happened once between England and China. There was a big market for Chinese silk and porcelain in England. For which the Chinese wanted gold. And there was nothing that England made that the Chinese wanted. On that account, it is sort of like expecting person who makes around $3.00 an hour in China to buy something that an American worker made who earned about $8.00 an hour. It just doesn't work! And only an ignorant scum sucking traitor would try to make it work.

To make up for England bleeding gold in the trade trouble I spoke of between England and China, England started selling opium there. Which led to the opium war. Which didn't end well for China. What England should have done instead is impose a death sentence on anybody in England who owned Chinese silk or porcelain. After stopping most trade with China or anyplace like that, we should impose a death sentence on anybody found to possess any of their goods that were made after the date of the imbargo.
fandango is offline  
Old July 7th, 2018, 12:56 PM   #30
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
China is in the midst of deep economic troubles. A trade war would be devastating to China.
Yes, and North Korea will denuclearize soon..........
Camelot is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
china, deficit, trade



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A trade deficit indicates the nation consumed more than it produced. Supposn Economics 1 June 21st, 2018 05:33 AM
Trade Deficit Hits Highest Level Since 2008 Camelot Current Events 3 February 6th, 2018 06:11 PM
Trade deficit roastpork Economics 1 October 23rd, 2014 04:54 PM
Reduce the trade deficit; increase GDP and median wage Supposn Economics 39 June 19th, 2014 07:48 AM
US Trade Deficit Plunges To Lowest Since Oct 2009 AmazonTania Current Events 21 August 7th, 2013 03:12 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.