Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree28Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2018, 02:58 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 4,383
China trade deficit

So I am not a believer in tariffs but on the other hand I am not sure what is gong to happen as a result of this trade war business. I am waiting to see what happens but I read this and it sure seems like the longer this goes on the tougher it is going to be for China.

Quote:
Trump's $500 billion trade threat makes China's already battered investors shiver
By Samuel Shen and Vidya Ranganathan

SHANGHAI/SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Six months of wrangling over trade tariffs with the United States has wiped out about a fifth of China's stock market value and driven its currency down sharply. But those moves may have just been a downpayment on what is yet to come.

Shanghai's benchmark share index <.SSEC> is down roughly 22 percent since January, when U.S. President Donald Trump's first trade tariffs on solar panels were announced. It has fallen 9 percent since June 19, when Trump outlined his plans to tax a lot more Chinese imports than he initially proposed.
and this is from the Trump hating Yahoo news.


https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump...--finance.html
justoneman is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 02:59 PM   #2
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
So I am not a believer in tariffs but on the other hand I am not sure what is gong to happen as a result of this trade war business. I am waiting to see what happens but I read this and it sure seems like the longer this goes on the tougher it is going to be for China.
Where is this from?
RNG is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 03:26 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 4,383
Its linked.
justoneman is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 03:49 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 4,383
Yahoo news hates Trump, yet this article makes it sound like China really has the short end of the stick. If this is so they will be pressed ro make changes to their US import tariffs .
justoneman is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 05:18 PM   #5
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
Yahoo news hates Trump, yet this article makes it sound like China really has the short end of the stick. If this is so they will be pressed ro make changes to their US import tariffs .
No, what it shows is that China isn't blind to the situation like a certain leader who has a really big red button.

But keep in mind that China also doesn't have to worry about pesky elections and Xi is playing the long game.
Thanks from Clara007
RNG is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 05:22 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 4,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
No, what it shows is that China isn't blind to the situation like a certain leader who has a really big red button.

But keep in mind that China also doesn't have to worry about pesky elections and Xi is playing the long game.
How does China losing so much value in their stock market show they are not blind? That makes no sense. Our stocks are mixed while their stocks have rocketted to the bottom. This suggests Trump knows what he is doing.
Thanks from caconservative
justoneman is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 05:26 PM   #7
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,876
China can merely stop purchasing Treasuries as their current ones expire. The U.S. will have to offer higher interest rates to finance our debt in the absence of China in the T-bill market. That will send mortgage rates, car loans, business loans and consumer credit rates soaring. In addition, China can control their investors. Republican politicians are addicted to corporate political donations which will dry up in this tariff environment. Don the Con is entering a gun fight with just his little pecker in his hands. This thread is a total fail.
Thanks from RNG and GluteusMaximus
Camelot is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 05:44 PM   #8
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
How does China losing so much value in their stock market show they are not blind? That makes no sense. Our stocks are mixed while their stocks have rocketted to the bottom. This suggests Trump knows what he is doing.
And the Chinese government doesn't care. They will subsidize and support businesses. They can carry the economy just on the strength of all the US T-bills they own.

You can't seem to figure out that it isn't the same system over there.
RNG is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 05:48 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 4,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
And the Chinese government doesn't care. They will subsidize and support businesses. They can carry the economy just on the strength of all the US T-bills they own.

You can't seem to figure out that it isn't the same system over there.
Again. Over the past two months, our stock market is mixed. No big loss at all. China however has lost 22% of its stock value. Its a devistating loss. China is losing the war. Looks like Trump was correct.
justoneman is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 05:51 PM   #10
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by justoneman View Post
Again. Over the past two months, our stock market is mixed. No big loss at all. China however has lost 22% of its stock value. Its a devistating loss. China is losing the war. Looks like Trump was correct.
It isn't devastating anyone who has any power. So it doesn't matter. It's not like they can vote the government out of office if they don't like it.
RNG is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
china, deficit, trade



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A trade deficit indicates the nation consumed more than it produced. Supposn Economics 1 June 21st, 2018 05:33 AM
Trade Deficit Hits Highest Level Since 2008 Camelot Current Events 3 February 6th, 2018 06:11 PM
Trade deficit roastpork Economics 1 October 23rd, 2014 04:54 PM
Reduce the trade deficit; increase GDP and median wage Supposn Economics 39 June 19th, 2014 07:48 AM
US Trade Deficit Plunges To Lowest Since Oct 2009 AmazonTania Current Events 21 August 7th, 2013 03:12 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.