Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree80Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2018, 05:43 PM   #1
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,972
It's Kavenaugh

Dot Don announces that he chooses Kavanaugh as the SV nominee.

Here is Axios analysis of his position. That pretty well tells you all you need to know. Anyone surprised?

Thanks from Twisted Sister
RNG is offline  
Old July 9th, 2018, 05:55 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Clicker II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Dot Don announces that he chooses Kavanaugh as the SV nominee.

Here is Axios analysis of his position. That pretty well tells you all you need to know. Anyone surprised?

Should we be? It's what we've been hoping for, a court that will stop legislating from the bench and follow the constitution as written. This is just one reason we elected Trump. Overall the crap emitted from the Never Trumpers and the leftist congress critters we did it. The Liberals are just as responsible for Trump as conservatives are. Suck it up buttercup, it's gonna be a hellava ride. They pushed Hillary and lost. There is always precedent to fall back on but the only people I see hollering that re the libs. It's been 40 yrs now that the revisionist court has held sway. I's time for the other half of the country to have a voice.
Thanks from caconservative and Jimgorn
Clicker II is offline  
Old July 9th, 2018, 06:05 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 9,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clicker II View Post
Should we be? It's what we've been hoping for, a court that will stop legislating from the bench and follow the constitution as written. This is just one reason we elected Trump. Overall the crap emitted from the Never Trumpers and the leftist congress critters we did it. The Liberals are just as responsible for Trump as conservatives are. Suck it up buttercup, it's gonna be a hellava ride. They pushed Hillary and lost. There is always precedent to fall back on but the only people I see hollering that re the libs. It's been 40 yrs now that the revisionist court has held sway. I's time for the other half of the country to have a voice.
The problem you've got is in another 30 years, white conservatives will be a minority in this country butter cup.

The only decision this guy made on abotion was a dissent on the DC appeals court where he got over ruled by the whole court on a woman having an abortion who was running out of time.

There goes Collins and Murkowski.

Wait until he gets pressed on whether or not the President can pardon himself or be indicted.

If I'm on the Senate hearing, my first question would be point blank.

Is the President Above The Law?
Thanks from imaginethat, RNG and PMB
skews13 is offline  
Old July 9th, 2018, 06:06 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 12,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Dot Don announces that he chooses Kavanaugh as the SV nominee.

Here is Axios analysis of his position. That pretty well tells you all you need to know. Anyone surprised?

Thanks for the update. Kavanaugh sounds like a stomach ailment.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old July 9th, 2018, 06:15 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,368
How about the Gingsberg rule...no comments on any hypothetical case?
goodpen is offline  
Old July 9th, 2018, 06:22 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clicker II View Post
Should we be? It's what we've been hoping for, a court that will stop legislating from the bench and follow the constitution as written. This is just one reason we elected Trump. Overall the crap emitted from the Never Trumpers and the leftist congress critters we did it. The Liberals are just as responsible for Trump as conservatives are. Suck it up buttercup, it's gonna be a hellava ride. They pushed Hillary and lost. There is always precedent to fall back on but the only people I see hollering that re the libs. It's been 40 yrs now that the revisionist court has held sway. I's time for the other half of the country to have a voice.
The other half? Half?
Thanks from RNG, Hollywood and Clara007
imaginethat is online now  
Old July 9th, 2018, 06:58 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Citizen Kane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Rosebud
Posts: 141
Clarence Thomas is one of the most brilliant jurists America has ever produced. But Russian trolls would not know that.
Citizen Kane is offline  
Old July 9th, 2018, 06:59 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Citizen Kane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Rosebud
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
The problem you've got is in another 30 years, white conservatives will be a minority in this country butter cup.

The only decision this guy made on abotion was a dissent on the DC appeals court where he got over ruled by the whole court on a woman having an abortion who was running out of time.

There goes Collins and Murkowski.

Wait until he gets pressed on whether or not the President can pardon himself or be indicted.

If I'm on the Senate hearing, my first question would be point blank.

Is the President Above The Law?


Your fantasies are intriguing. A lifetime of study for the psychiatric professional.
Citizen Kane is offline  
Old July 9th, 2018, 07:09 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Clicker II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
The problem you've got is in another 30 years, white conservatives will be a minority in this country butter cup.


And if the rate of "minorities" abandoning the Dems continues at the current rate the country will still be conservative

Oops! Forgot to mention, keep on suckin' buttercup!

Last edited by Clicker II; July 10th, 2018 at 05:51 AM.
Clicker II is offline  
Old July 9th, 2018, 07:11 PM   #10
PragmaticBastard
 
GluteusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
The other half? Half?
Apparently the dumbest 1/3 of the country think 33% is "HALF"

Not surprised they can't understand math, are you? Those are the type of people that gave this country a deficit over $20 trillion.
Thanks from Hollywood, Clara007 and leekohler2
GluteusMaximus is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
kavenaugh



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.