Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree3Thanks
  • 1 Post By noonereal
  • 1 Post By KnightOfSappho
  • 1 Post By noonereal
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2018, 03:52 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,949
This country is eat up with it......

alethephobia

And I do not understand that.....
urbrother is offline  
Old July 10th, 2018, 04:05 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
noonereal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: NYC
Posts: 320
For those who are not familiar

alethephobia: a disorder that prohibits the affected from rational thinking or objective analysis. A phobia to the truth.

We see this manifest on a "cultural" level today as what are know as Trumpets embrace lies and falsehoods while labeling facts as biases.

Hope this helps!
Thanks from GluteusMaximus
noonereal is offline  
Old July 10th, 2018, 04:52 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Clicker II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 347
did a little remedial reading on the one. No such animal. Try atelophobia As I remembered it your description of the malady is so far off as to be grossly misleading. It's a fear of being imperfect. It manifests itself most commonly as a fear of failure. Generally results in reclusive behaviour and neurotic activities. I don't know if he was ever diagnosed but Howard Hughes is an example of the manifestation of it.

Applied to political groups today I'd think Liberals are most likely to be suffering from it that conservatives. Nice try but huge miss.

http://atelophobia.info/what-is-atelophobia/

Last edited by Clicker II; July 10th, 2018 at 04:57 AM.
Clicker II is offline  
Old July 10th, 2018, 05:01 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
KnightOfSappho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 2,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clicker II View Post
did a little remedial reading on the one. No such animal. Try atelophobia As I remembered it your description of the malady is so far off as to be grossly misleading. It's a fear of being imperfect. It manifests itself most commonly as a fear of failure. Generally results in reclusive behaviour and neurotic activities. I don't know if he was ever diagnosed but Howard Hughes is an example of the manifestation of it.

Applied to political groups today I'd think Liberals are most likely to be suffering from it that conservatives. Nice try but huge miss.

http://atelophobia.info/what-is-atelophobia/
Different spelling Clicker.

Alethophobia isn't a standard dictionary word (yet). Noonereal's definition is correct. I believe that it originally came from a novel.
Thanks from imaginethat
KnightOfSappho is offline  
Old July 10th, 2018, 06:22 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
noonereal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: NYC
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clicker II View Post
did a little remedial reading on the one. /[/url]
It's a street term which means "fear of the truth."
Thanks from leekohler2
noonereal is offline  
Old July 10th, 2018, 09:36 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
For those who are not familiar

alethephobia: a disorder that prohibits the affected from rational thinking or objective analysis. A phobia to the truth.

We see this manifest on a "cultural" level today as what are know as Trumpets embrace lies and falsehoods while labeling facts as biases.

Hope this helps!
It would have had you applied it to Liberals. What "cultural" lies and falsehoods are you speaking of?
caconservative is offline  
Old July 10th, 2018, 11:22 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Clicker II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 347
OK I get it, from fiction comes fantasy from fantasy comes liberal reality. When it becomes real in places other than the demented mush libs call brains, give the real world a call. Please.
Clicker II is offline  
Old July 10th, 2018, 11:38 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
noonereal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: NYC
Posts: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
It would have had you applied it to Liberals. What "cultural" lies and falsehoods are you speaking of?
seriously?How about everything trump says? (makes up)

i could not apply the term to liberals, democrats or centrists as it is not representative of them
noonereal is offline  
Old July 10th, 2018, 11:49 AM   #9
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,972
The Liar-in-Chief is back on the lie that other NATO members haven't been making their payments to the US. I guess technically that isn't a lie because they haven't. There are no payments that are supposed to be made.

But either he is lying or he is stupider than even I think he is.

Which one are the Trumpanzees going to go with?
RNG is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
country, eat



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
This is what the right wants for this country jbander Political Talk 26 May 24th, 2018 08:24 AM
Country Over Cause skews13 Americas 1 March 19th, 2018 10:30 AM
My wish for this country!!! urbrother Christianity 5 March 4th, 2018 08:11 PM
Same Sh*t, Different Country? RNG Current Events 13 May 25th, 2014 09:25 AM
As their name states we have gone from a "Freedom to..." country to a "Freedom from..." country Danjb25 Current Events 170 August 17th, 2012 10:47 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.