Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree10Thanks
  • 2 Post By foundit66
  • 2 Post By Clara007
  • 2 Post By imaginethat
  • 2 Post By GluteusMaximus
  • 2 Post By skews13
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2018, 08:12 AM   #1
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,998
Post It was the cheese that let John Kelly down

Why did White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly shift and grimace in discomfort when President Trump spoke about Germany being “totally controlled” by Russia?

“[Kelly] was displeased because he was expecting a full breakfast and there were only pastries and cheese,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told The Post.

But it was nothing the president said, of course.

Kelly no longer hears anything the president says. Trump’s words are a kind of soothing low dog-whistle that plays in the background at all times, a sort of mosquito hum that he checks only periodically to make certain it is still complaining that anyone not from Norway would have the temerity to come to America seeking a better life, and then goes back to ignoring.

The reason Kelly shifted and bobbed uncomfortably in his seat while the president spoke about Russia and Germany, the reason Kelly wore the facial expression of someone who had hungrily devoured a mouthful of expired egg salad, was certainly not anything the president said. It was not shame or chagrin that we were saying this right in front of our allies. It is just that Kelly was enraged by cheese. And pastries!

Kelly had been insulted with a continental breakfast — Barely! Barely! — rather than a full, hot one. The organizers of this summit had clearly treated the critical problem of breakfast with scarcely more regard than this administration gives to reuniting children with their families. It had been an afterthought — or less! Kelly was right to shake with rage.

Someone had “or whatever-ed” the essential question of what Kelly might consume that morning, instead of saving this laissez-faire attitude for the fate of children, where it more properly belonged. No wonder he quivered with discomfort. No wonder he shifted gloomily in his seat as though he wished the earth to swallow him whole. No wonder he looked embarrassed and sad, like a dog in a sweater.

That expression of shock and distaste — one that normally a chief of staff might wear when the president said something that embarrassed us on the world stage and alienated our allies to no clear end — is one Kelly reserves for the thought that he will not have any access to an omelet station. Think of being denied an omelet and see if you can make any possible face other than the one Kelly made. He had no English muffins, nor any French toast.

A pastry and cheese. This was as insulting as being told your country belonged to Russia, hypothetically, if anyone had said something like that. But to Kelly’s mind, no one did.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ohn-kelly-down

It astounds me that the White House will shovel such obvious lies out to the public when the truth is obvious.
It also astounds me when the kool-aid swilling portion of the right-wing start regurgitating those lies like they are credible and believable. I think many right-wingers have simply chosen to try to ignore those lies. And in all fairness, this type of approach happens on both sides of the aisle.
Although with Trump being the pathological liar that he is (and obviously insisting on surrounding himself with a like-minded spokes-person), the right-wingers are ignoring a lot of lies under this administration...
Thanks from RNG and Hollywood
foundit66 is offline  
Old July 12th, 2018, 08:20 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,984
OH Sarah! Say it isn't so!! Surely you can do better. Pastry and cheese? LMAO LMAO!!

This "little" chick really needs to move on. This is just humiliating.
Thanks from Camelot and Hollywood
Clara007 is online now  
Old July 12th, 2018, 09:24 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
OH Sarah! Say it isn't so!! Surely you can do better. Pastry and cheese? LMAO LMAO!!

This "little" chick really needs to move on. This is just humiliating.
She would be replaced with someone equally willing to ignore facts and spout alternative ones.
Thanks from Hollywood and Clara007
imaginethat is online now  
Old July 12th, 2018, 09:30 AM   #4
PragmaticBastard
 
GluteusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 819
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
She would be replaced with someone equally willing to ignore facts and spout alternative ones.
I'm sure there is another liar just raring for the chance at the job...
Thanks from Hollywood and Clara007
GluteusMaximus is offline  
Old July 12th, 2018, 10:58 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 9,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Why did White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly shift and grimace in discomfort when President Trump spoke about Germany being “totally controlled” by Russia?

“[Kelly] was displeased because he was expecting a full breakfast and there were only pastries and cheese,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders told The Post.

But it was nothing the president said, of course.

Kelly no longer hears anything the president says. Trump’s words are a kind of soothing low dog-whistle that plays in the background at all times, a sort of mosquito hum that he checks only periodically to make certain it is still complaining that anyone not from Norway would have the temerity to come to America seeking a better life, and then goes back to ignoring.

The reason Kelly shifted and bobbed uncomfortably in his seat while the president spoke about Russia and Germany, the reason Kelly wore the facial expression of someone who had hungrily devoured a mouthful of expired egg salad, was certainly not anything the president said. It was not shame or chagrin that we were saying this right in front of our allies. It is just that Kelly was enraged by cheese. And pastries!

Kelly had been insulted with a continental breakfast — Barely! Barely! — rather than a full, hot one. The organizers of this summit had clearly treated the critical problem of breakfast with scarcely more regard than this administration gives to reuniting children with their families. It had been an afterthought — or less! Kelly was right to shake with rage.

Someone had “or whatever-ed” the essential question of what Kelly might consume that morning, instead of saving this laissez-faire attitude for the fate of children, where it more properly belonged. No wonder he quivered with discomfort. No wonder he shifted gloomily in his seat as though he wished the earth to swallow him whole. No wonder he looked embarrassed and sad, like a dog in a sweater.

That expression of shock and distaste — one that normally a chief of staff might wear when the president said something that embarrassed us on the world stage and alienated our allies to no clear end — is one Kelly reserves for the thought that he will not have any access to an omelet station. Think of being denied an omelet and see if you can make any possible face other than the one Kelly made. He had no English muffins, nor any French toast.

A pastry and cheese. This was as insulting as being told your country belonged to Russia, hypothetically, if anyone had said something like that. But to Kelly’s mind, no one did.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ohn-kelly-down

It astounds me that the White House will shovel such obvious lies out to the public when the truth is obvious.
It also astounds me when the kool-aid swilling portion of the right-wing start regurgitating those lies like they are credible and believable. I think many right-wingers have simply chosen to try to ignore those lies. And in all fairness, this type of approach happens on both sides of the aisle.
Although with Trump being the pathological liar that he is (and obviously insisting on surrounding himself with a like-minded spokes-person), the right-wingers are ignoring a lot of lies under this administration...

Bad cheese will do that to you.

Kind of like working for an asshole that causes constant embarrassment
Thanks from foundit66 and Clara007
skews13 is offline  
Old July 12th, 2018, 11:13 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 24,211
Just watching the replay of that absurd press briefing.

Sarah is going to get LAUGHED out of her next restaurant. She'd better join Weight Watchers so she can get food delivered to her house.
tristanrobin is offline  
Old July 12th, 2018, 11:17 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
She would be replaced with someone equally willing to ignore facts and spout alternative ones.


True.
Clara007 is online now  
Old July 12th, 2018, 11:18 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,984
YOU BOYS are in rare form today!
Clara007 is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
cheese, john, kelly



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
John Kelly squirms Nwolfe35 Current Events 17 July 12th, 2018 07:07 AM
John Kelly Offers to Resign Clara007 Political Talk 0 February 9th, 2018 01:21 PM
John Kelly: US Civil War caused by 'lack of compromise' RNG Current Events 42 November 3rd, 2017 06:18 AM
Smoking the Government Cheese Sabcat Taxes 6 May 29th, 2016 02:16 PM
Cheese Franklin Political Humor 7 October 14th, 2015 09:13 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.