Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance > Debt


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2012, 11:45 AM   #31
Fayt Storm ON [OFF]
 
Fayt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not in MD
Posts: 15,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by borden123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt' timestamp='1338060615' post='404487

[quote name='borden123' timestamp='1338060059' post='404477']The facts remain: Obama is on pace to spend more than Bush, Obama has increased the deficit more than Bush did, and the Bush tax cuts spurred economic growth and generated revenue. Fayt, these are facts, not lies.


That's not what my sources say.



http://www.whitehous...s-national-debt

http://www.theatlant...ceiling/242484/

http://www.nytimes.c...dt-graphic.html



You're just bitter because your conservative ideology is a failure so you feel the need to keep wasting your time posting to me to prove yourself. However, you're not convincing anyone but yourself. But I'm here to keep copy and pasting the facts.
I've said all I need to say. You have refused to accept anything I post. So, what's the point?

[/quote]



Because you're wrong and our $15 trillion dollar debt proves your ideology is wrong. So are you liberal now?
Fayt is offline  
Old May 27th, 2012, 07:54 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,205
Currency, money, is a fiat money system IS debt, imo. If there are arguments to deny this, please, let's hear them.



That's the point of the thread, not yet another "Who's responsible for the debt?" discussion.



So please, let's return to the point of this thread, OK?
imaginethat is offline  
Old May 27th, 2012, 08:12 AM   #33
Fayt Storm ON [OFF]
 
Fayt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not in MD
Posts: 15,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Currency, money, is a fiat money system IS debt, imo. If there are arguments to deny this, please, let's hear them.



That's the point of the thread, not yet another "Who's responsible for the debt?" discussion.



So please, let's return to the point of this thread, OK?


We're not off totally off topic, we're still discussing debt and even going as far as who's responsible for it. It's expanding the thread topic not veering off of it. There's a difference.



To answer your question, money is debt if a country doesn't know who to properly create wealth and allocate wealth thought the masses. Yes, too much debt is bad but if handled properly it can be sustainable. So sustainable it can go on forever. Well not literally forever but for for a long time. However, I want debt to decrease.
Fayt is offline  
Old May 27th, 2012, 10:00 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat' timestamp='1338134041' post='404657

Currency, money, is a fiat money system IS debt, imo. If there are arguments to deny this, please, let's hear them.



That's the point of the thread, not yet another "Who's responsible for the debt?" discussion.



So please, let's return to the point of this thread, OK?


We're not off totally off topic, we're still discussing debt and even going as far as who's responsible for it. It's expanding the thread topic not veering off of it. There's a difference.



To answer your question, money is debt if a country doesn't know who to properly create wealth and allocate wealth thought the masses. Yes, too much debt is bad but if handled properly it can be sustainable. So sustainable it can go on forever. Well not literally forever but for for a long time. However, I want debt to decrease.


Nope, you're still talking about the effects of debt, or the best way to manage it.



The topic: Does money represent debt? Once, it was precious metals. Now, it's fiat currency. Is fiat currency based on debt?
imaginethat is offline  
Old May 27th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #35
Fayt Storm ON [OFF]
 
Fayt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not in MD
Posts: 15,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt' timestamp='1338135149' post='404658

[quote name='imaginethat' timestamp='1338134041' post='404657']

Currency, money, is a fiat money system IS debt, imo. If there are arguments to deny this, please, let's hear them.



That's the point of the thread, not yet another "Who's responsible for the debt?" discussion.



So please, let's return to the point of this thread, OK?


We're not off totally off topic, we're still discussing debt and even going as far as who's responsible for it. It's expanding the thread topic not veering off of it. There's a difference.



To answer your question, money is debt if a country doesn't know who to properly create wealth and allocate wealth thought the masses. Yes, too much debt is bad but if handled properly it can be sustainable. So sustainable it can go on forever. Well not literally forever but for for a long time. However, I want debt to decrease.


Nope, you're still talking about the effects of debt, or the best way to manage it.



The topic: Does money represent debt? Once, it was precious metals. Now, it's fiat currency. Is fiat currency based on debt?

[/quote]



Yes and no, it depends on rather your nation operates on fractional reserve banking.
Fayt is offline  
Old May 27th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat' timestamp='1338141612' post='404671

[quote name='Fayt' timestamp='1338135149' post='404658']

[quote name='imaginethat' timestamp='1338134041' post='404657']

Currency, money, is a fiat money system IS debt, imo. If there are arguments to deny this, please, let's hear them.



That's the point of the thread, not yet another "Who's responsible for the debt?" discussion.



So please, let's return to the point of this thread, OK?


We're not off totally off topic, we're still discussing debt and even going as far as who's responsible for it. It's expanding the thread topic not veering off of it. There's a difference.



To answer your question, money is debt if a country doesn't know who to properly create wealth and allocate wealth thought the masses. Yes, too much debt is bad but if handled properly it can be sustainable. So sustainable it can go on forever. Well not literally forever but for for a long time. However, I want debt to decrease.


Nope, you're still talking about the effects of debt, or the best way to manage it.



The topic: Does money represent debt? Once, it was precious metals. Now, it's fiat currency. Is fiat currency based on debt?

[/quote]



Yes and no, it depends on rather your nation operates on fractional reserve banking.

[/quote]



Which country doesn't operate with a fractional reserve banking system? Do you know what the US reserve requirements are?
imaginethat is offline  
Old May 27th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #37
Fayt Storm ON [OFF]
 
Fayt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not in MD
Posts: 15,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt' timestamp='1338141885' post='404675

[quote name='imaginethat' timestamp='1338141612' post='404671']

[quote name='Fayt' timestamp='1338135149' post='404658']

[quote name='imaginethat' timestamp='1338134041' post='404657']

Currency, money, is a fiat money system IS debt, imo. If there are arguments to deny this, please, let's hear them.



That's the point of the thread, not yet another "Who's responsible for the debt?" discussion.



So please, let's return to the point of this thread, OK?


We're not off totally off topic, we're still discussing debt and even going as far as who's responsible for it. It's expanding the thread topic not veering off of it. There's a difference.



To answer your question, money is debt if a country doesn't know who to properly create wealth and allocate wealth thought the masses. Yes, too much debt is bad but if handled properly it can be sustainable. So sustainable it can go on forever. Well not literally forever but for for a long time. However, I want debt to decrease.


Nope, you're still talking about the effects of debt, or the best way to manage it.



The topic: Does money represent debt? Once, it was precious metals. Now, it's fiat currency. Is fiat currency based on debt?

[/quote]



Yes and no, it depends on rather your nation operates on fractional reserve banking.

[/quote]



Which country doesn't operate with a fractional reserve banking system? Do you know what the US reserve requirements are?

[/quote]



Some part of Mongolia doesn't, they still operate under the system of barter. And I think also the State of North Dakota largely doesn't. And reserve requirements is based on an institution that's required to hold a certain amount of cash against I'll say, bad bets. What's your point?
Fayt is offline  
Old May 27th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat' timestamp='1338142877' post='404687

[quote name='Fayt' timestamp='1338141885' post='404675']

[quote name='imaginethat' timestamp='1338141612' post='404671']

[quote name='Fayt' timestamp='1338135149' post='404658']

[quote name='imaginethat' timestamp='1338134041' post='404657']

Currency, money, is a fiat money system IS debt, imo. If there are arguments to deny this, please, let's hear them.



That's the point of the thread, not yet another "Who's responsible for the debt?" discussion.



So please, let's return to the point of this thread, OK?


We're not off totally off topic, we're still discussing debt and even going as far as who's responsible for it. It's expanding the thread topic not veering off of it. There's a difference.



To answer your question, money is debt if a country doesn't know who to properly create wealth and allocate wealth thought the masses. Yes, too much debt is bad but if handled properly it can be sustainable. So sustainable it can go on forever. Well not literally forever but for for a long time. However, I want debt to decrease.


Nope, you're still talking about the effects of debt, or the best way to manage it.



The topic: Does money represent debt? Once, it was precious metals. Now, it's fiat currency. Is fiat currency based on debt?

[/quote]



Yes and no, it depends on rather your nation operates on fractional reserve banking.

[/quote]



Which country doesn't operate with a fractional reserve banking system? Do you know what the US reserve requirements are?

[/quote]



Some part of Mongolia doesn't, they still operate under the system of barter. And I think also the State of North Dakota largely doesn't. And reserve requirements is based on an institution that's required to hold a certain amount of cash against I'll say, bad bets. What's your point?

[/quote]



My point is that you don't understand what you are talking about, and that you haven't one clue what US reserve requirements are.
imaginethat is offline  
Old May 27th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #39
Fayt Storm ON [OFF]
 
Fayt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not in MD
Posts: 15,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt' timestamp='1338145577' post='404708

[quote name='imaginethat' timestamp='1338142877' post='404687']

[quote name='Fayt' timestamp='1338141885' post='404675']

[quote name='imaginethat' timestamp='1338141612' post='404671']

[quote name='Fayt' timestamp='1338135149' post='404658']

[quote name='imaginethat' timestamp='1338134041' post='404657']

Currency, money, is a fiat money system IS debt, imo. If there are arguments to deny this, please, let's hear them.



That's the point of the thread, not yet another "Who's responsible for the debt?" discussion.



So please, let's return to the point of this thread, OK?


We're not off totally off topic, we're still discussing debt and even going as far as who's responsible for it. It's expanding the thread topic not veering off of it. There's a difference.



To answer your question, money is debt if a country doesn't know who to properly create wealth and allocate wealth thought the masses. Yes, too much debt is bad but if handled properly it can be sustainable. So sustainable it can go on forever. Well not literally forever but for for a long time. However, I want debt to decrease.


Nope, you're still talking about the effects of debt, or the best way to manage it.



The topic: Does money represent debt? Once, it was precious metals. Now, it's fiat currency. Is fiat currency based on debt?

[/quote]



Yes and no, it depends on rather your nation operates on fractional reserve banking.

[/quote]



Which country doesn't operate with a fractional reserve banking system? Do you know what the US reserve requirements are?

[/quote]



Some part of Mongolia doesn't, they still operate under the system of barter. And I think also the State of North Dakota largely doesn't. And reserve requirements is based on an institution that's required to hold a certain amount of cash against I'll say, bad bets. What's your point?

[/quote]



My point is that you don't understand what you are talking about, and that you haven't one clue what US reserve requirements are.

[/quote]



I just answered your question, what other non argument do you want to make? Are you advocating for returning to the gold standard or something? What exactly are you getting at?
Fayt is offline  
Old May 27th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat' timestamp='1338147610' post='404714

[quote name='Fayt' timestamp='1338145577' post='404708']

[quote name='imaginethat' timestamp='1338142877' post='404687']

[quote name='Fayt' timestamp='1338141885' post='404675']

[quote name='imaginethat' timestamp='1338141612' post='404671']

[quote name='Fayt' timestamp='1338135149' post='404658']

[quote name='imaginethat' timestamp='1338134041' post='404657']

Currency, money, is a fiat money system IS debt, imo. If there are arguments to deny this, please, let's hear them.



That's the point of the thread, not yet another "Who's responsible for the debt?" discussion.



So please, let's return to the point of this thread, OK?


We're not off totally off topic, we're still discussing debt and even going as far as who's responsible for it. It's expanding the thread topic not veering off of it. There's a difference.



To answer your question, money is debt if a country doesn't know who to properly create wealth and allocate wealth thought the masses. Yes, too much debt is bad but if handled properly it can be sustainable. So sustainable it can go on forever. Well not literally forever but for for a long time. However, I want debt to decrease.


Nope, you're still talking about the effects of debt, or the best way to manage it.



The topic: Does money represent debt? Once, it was precious metals. Now, it's fiat currency. Is fiat currency based on debt?

[/quote]



Yes and no, it depends on rather your nation operates on fractional reserve banking.

[/quote]



Which country doesn't operate with a fractional reserve banking system? Do you know what the US reserve requirements are?

[/quote]



Some part of Mongolia doesn't, they still operate under the system of barter. And I think also the State of North Dakota largely doesn't. And reserve requirements is based on an institution that's required to hold a certain amount of cash against I'll say, bad bets. What's your point?

[/quote]



My point is that you don't understand what you are talking about, and that you haven't one clue what US reserve requirements are.

[/quote]



I just answered your question, what other non argument do you want to make? Are you advocating for returning to the gold standard or something? What exactly are you getting at?

[/quote]



What are US reserve requirements, Fayt?
imaginethat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance > Debt

Tags
100, debt, money, watch



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Money and Debt pensacola_niceman Debt 16 February 3rd, 2016 09:45 AM
The Debt Ceiling Pays Off Money The Republicans Already Spent skews13 Current Events 38 January 7th, 2013 12:15 PM
Succintly Expressed by a 12 Year Old Girl, How America Got So far in Debt, and How to Get Out of Debt Immediately, Told in Six Minutes Radicalcentrist Debt 0 June 14th, 2012 12:34 PM
U.S. National Debt tadpole256 Debt 25 May 21st, 2007 04:52 PM
US National Debt? liberalguy Debt 26 April 14th, 2005 06:01 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.