Political Forums
Forum Notice

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco

Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco For political topics and discussions about drugs, alcohol, and tobacco


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2009, 08:45 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 19
What is Marijuana?

Call it pot, grass, weed, or any one of nearly 200 other names, marijuana is, by far, the world’s most commonly used illicit drug—and far more dangerous than most users realize. So, there is just cause for alarm when adolescent marijuana use increases, as it did in the mid-1990’s, and the age at which youngsters first experiment with pot starts to drops.



Marijuana has been around for a long while. Its source, the hemp plant (cannabis sativa), was being cultivated for psychoactive properties more than 2,000 years ago. Although cannabis contains at least 400 different chemicals, its main mind-altering ingredient is THC.



The amount of THC in marijuana determines the drug’s strength, and THC levels are affected by a great many factors, including plant type, weather, soil, and time of harvest. Sophisticated cannabis cultivation of today produces high levels of THC and marijuana that is far more potent than pot of the past. THC content of marijuana, which averaged less than 1 percent in 1974, rose to an average 4 percent by 1994.



For the highly popular form of marijuana called Sinsemilla , made from just the buds and flowering tops of female plants, THC content averages 7.5 percent and ranges as high as 24 percent. As for hashish, a resin made from flowers of the female plant, THC levels may be five to ten times higher than crude marijuana’s.
lillywilliam is offline  
Remove Ads
Old May 18th, 2009, 06:37 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6
What is Marijuana?

are you promoting marijuana or trying to brainwash people

with your drug rehab non-senses? did you know that there

is staff in these rehabs get high? so what good is a person

going to rehab to be coached by a alcoholic or drug using

so called counselor.



a person can rehab at home if they really wants to stop

using drugs or drinkin alcohol. marijuana is a mind alternating

drug substances that controls " relaxes " the mind, and you

a so deep in giving your online therapy until you have totally

confused yourself.



what is the point that you are trying to prove or get over

to people here on this thread? you started one thread about

this same item, and I guess the advice that was posted on

your first thread was to deep for you to understand.



sure marijuana is natural grown in which the natives had

discovvered, but in today's society you do not know what

is used during the process. how much weed do you smoke

a day? also do you know how much pcp, thc, battery acid,

and other unknow chemicals that used in street weed?



this medical marijuana bullshit isn't going to last to long

before it becomes a illegal way to make money.
DemonSeed is offline  
Old May 18th, 2009, 12:00 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,521
Quote:
and far more dangerous than most users realize.


Here's one of the issues where I deviate from conservatism. Weed only causes obesity..........not death or destruction. If people wanna get high I think they should be able to get high. If they decide weed isn't enough and try to score an 8ball and die then that's their dumbass fault.



Stick with the grass and you're allright.
yzerman19wingnut is offline  
Old May 19th, 2009, 04:48 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 2,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillywilliam
Call it pot, grass, weed, or any one of nearly 200 other names, marijuana is, by far, the world’s most commonly used illicit drug—and far more dangerous than most users realize.


Really?



Then why should a pill with 100% THC be available by prescription?
baloney_detector is offline  
Old May 19th, 2009, 04:55 PM   #5
Retired
 
hevusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzerman19wingnut
Weed only causes obesity...


Sure. Just ask willie nelson and snoop dogg.
hevusa is offline  
Old May 19th, 2009, 07:12 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
Sure. Just ask willie nelson and snoop dogg.


hev how did i know you would join me in the "munchie" corner. LOL.
yzerman19wingnut is offline  
Old May 20th, 2009, 07:18 AM   #7
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 39,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by baloney_detector
Really?



Then why should a pill with 100% THC be available by prescription?


I know! I know! Because of the relationship between the government and the pharmaceutical companies and their lobbyists.
waitingtables is offline  
Old May 20th, 2009, 07:23 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables
I know! I know! Because of the relationship between the government and the pharmaceutical companies and their lobbyists.


I think there's some of that in there as well as the DOJ getting an elephant chest full of money to fight against the illegal substances.



Finally something I can agree with you on. LOL.
yzerman19wingnut is offline  
Old May 20th, 2009, 07:23 AM   #9
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 39,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzerman19wingnut
Here's one of the issues where I deviate from conservatism. Weed only causes obesity..........not death or destruction. If people wanna get high I think they should be able to get high. If they decide weed isn't enough and try to score an 8ball and die then that's their dumbass fault.



Stick with the grass and you're allright.


Yeah, it causes the munchies. But it also seems to make people a bit more mellow and non-violent. You know, happy and not angry and aggressive. That doesn't please the military industrial complex.



But I agree that if you stick with grass you're alright. And about the stupidity of killing yourself with any instrument, be it drugs or anything else. I know people who have done that in various ways.
waitingtables is offline  
Old May 20th, 2009, 07:29 AM   #10
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 39,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzerman19wingnut
I think there's some of that in there as well as the DOJ getting an elephant chest full of money to fight against the illegal substances.



Finally something I can agree with you on. LOL.


Yeah. You know, if pharma never got involved in using natural substances and making them much more potent we wouldn't have the problems with them that we have now. People should be able to chew coca leaves for energy or a toothache. People should be able to burn a plant to relieve nausea and help their eyesight. The opium made into heroin and methadone is far less dangerous when left alone. Yes, I know that it is a god thing that medicine has come so far in the ability to relive pain and perform medical miralces, but there is something to be said for allowing a natural form to be legal.
waitingtables is offline  
Old May 20th, 2009, 07:42 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables
But I agree that if you stick with grass you're alright. And about the stupidity of killing yourself with any instrument, be it drugs or anything else. I know people who have done that in various ways.


I think the core belief of most of my fundamentals is to keep the government out of situations. Government is the problem with alot of things. Medical costs wouldn't be so outrageous if they would kick the government out of the doctor's office.
yzerman19wingnut is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2009, 03:34 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillywilliam
marijuana is, by far, the world’s most commonly used illicit drug—and far more dangerous than most users realize.



Marijuana has been around for a long while. Its source, the hemp plant (cannabis sativa), was being cultivated for psychoactive properties more than 2,000 years ago.



As for hashish, a resin made from flowers of the female plant, THC levels may be five to ten times higher than crude marijuana’s.


Thank you for all of this interesting and completely common knowledge, you appear to be anti-marijuana, which first off puts you behind the curve in knowing what your talking about for the simple fact that, until April first when I got busted I was a complete pot head and happened to study up on my drug of choice way more than the average joe, whether it be groing techniques, refinement, etc.



So, on your statement that "it's far more dangerous than most users realizes, I laugh at this because it is far less dangerous than alcohol. I've seen people smoke oz. of DANK ($60 an 1/8oz.) and be able to carry on a conversation void of slurring words, I've seen them get up walk around, and even cook food (not a microwave burrito, i'm talking actual food, spaghetti, eggs, etc.) Now if a person were to drink the equivalent of that in alcohol ($60 x 8 = $480) they would be putting down either 5 kegs, or gallons of liquor, and anyone can tell you that would most definately kill you. Let alone allow you to function anything close to soberity.



The bit about the 2,000 years of cultivation, apparently you attempting to show off your knowledge, which in this you fell short again, because if you knew your maijuana would also realize that there are Hindu strands, found in Asia (Himalayas, Thailand, etc.)



As for your bit on hash. I laughed, because you are apparently forgetting that no one smokes hash like they smoke normal buds, first off because the smoke is usually MUCH MUCH harsher. Secondly, because it costs alot more because it is more potent, it's kind of like dissing on liquor becasue it's five to ten times stronger than beer, but that's why they give you shots of liquor and not cans of it like beer.
Black Label is offline  
Old May 22nd, 2009, 08:56 PM   #13
Retired
 
hevusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label
Thank you for all of this interesting and completely common knowledge, you appear to be anti-marijuana, which first off puts you behind the curve in knowing what your talking about for the simple fact that, until April first when I got busted I was a complete pot head and happened to study up on my drug of choice way more than the average joe, whether it be groing techniques, refinement, etc.



So, on your statement that "it's far more dangerous than most users realizes, I laugh at this because it is far less dangerous than alcohol. I've seen people smoke oz. of DANK ($60 an 1/8oz.) and be able to carry on a conversation void of slurring words, I've seen them get up walk around, and even cook food (not a microwave burrito, i'm talking actual food, spaghetti, eggs, etc.) Now if a person were to drink the equivalent of that in alcohol ($60 x 8 = $480) they would be putting down either 5 kegs, or gallons of liquor, and anyone can tell you that would most definately kill you. Let alone allow you to function anything close to soberity.



The bit about the 2,000 years of cultivation, apparently you attempting to show off your knowledge, which in this you fell short again, because if you knew your maijuana would also realize that there are Hindu strands, found in Asia (Himalayas, Thailand, etc.)



As for your bit on hash. I laughed, because you are apparently forgetting that no one smokes hash like they smoke normal buds, first off because the smoke is usually MUCH MUCH harsher. Secondly, because it costs alot more because it is more potent, it's kind of like dissing on liquor becasue it's five to ten times stronger than beer, but that's why they give you shots of liquor and not cans of it like beer.




Welcome to the site BL. I couldn't agree more.
hevusa is offline  
Old May 23rd, 2009, 07:09 PM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3
I have plenty of friends who take part in smoking weed and it is their personal choice. Although I have no interest in smoking weed myself. It's a personal choice of a person that should not be controlled by the government.
legit.livie is offline  
Old May 24th, 2009, 07:03 AM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillywilliam
Call it pot, grass, weed, or any one of nearly 200 other names, marijuana is, by far, the world’s most commonly used illicit drug—and far more dangerous than most users realize. So, there is just cause for alarm when adolescent marijuana use increases, as it did in the mid-1990’s, and the age at which youngsters first experiment with pot starts to drops.



Marijuana has been around for a long while. Its source, the hemp plant (cannabis sativa), was being cultivated for psychoactive properties more than 2,000 years ago. Although cannabis contains at least 400 different chemicals, its main mind-altering ingredient is THC.



The amount of THC in marijuana determines the drug’s strength, and THC levels are affected by a great many factors, including plant type, weather, soil, and time of harvest. Sophisticated cannabis cultivation of today produces high levels of THC and marijuana that is far more potent than pot of the past. THC content of marijuana, which averaged less than 1 percent in 1974, rose to an average 4 percent by 1994.



For the highly popular form of marijuana called Sinsemilla , made from just the buds and flowering tops of female plants, THC content averages 7.5 percent and ranges as high as 24 percent. As for hashish, a resin made from flowers of the female plant, THC levels may be five to ten times higher than crude marijuana’s.
all the more reason to legalize it and control the level of thc. when its legalized and controled buying it one will know the thc level instead of buying off the street. not only will the user know but the local officials as well and will have more control of the levels. it will never go away so legalize it and control it. just because drugs would be legalized doesnt mean people will use them, it will be a choice. like booze is now i still chose not to drink, and i won't go to 7-11 for an 8-ball just because its legal. illegal drugs are more easy to get for minors. keeping drugs illegal will only continue to benifit the drug dealers, gangs, crime, and washington crooks. END THIS MADNESS!!
hambergerflipper is offline  
Old May 24th, 2009, 09:06 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13
lillywilliam, will you please get some help with what ever you have abused. stop spreading you're bull-shit lies, and stop blaming everyone else for you're problems. geezzz us
hambergerflipper is offline  
Old May 26th, 2009, 09:10 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,521
lol. this is one topic i don't have to grit my teeth to discuss with liberals lol.



I think I'll quote Katt Williams: "it's just a plant. it just grows there and if you so happen to set it on fire there are some effects."



"whenever it smells like pine cones dad be trippin."
yzerman19wingnut is offline  
Old June 18th, 2009, 12:13 PM   #18
Site Founder
 
RidinHighSpeeds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 6,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillywilliam
Call it pot, grass, weed, or any one of nearly 200 other names, marijuana is, by far, the world’s most commonly used illicit drug—and far more dangerous than most users realize. So, there is just cause for alarm when adolescent marijuana use increases, as it did in the mid-1990’s, and the age at which youngsters first experiment with pot starts to drops.



Marijuana has been around for a long while. Its source, the hemp plant (cannabis sativa), was being cultivated for psychoactive properties more than 2,000 years ago. Although cannabis contains at least 400 different chemicals, its main mind-altering ingredient is THC.



The amount of THC in marijuana determines the drug’s strength, and THC levels are affected by a great many factors, including plant type, weather, soil, and time of harvest. Sophisticated cannabis cultivation of today produces high levels of THC and marijuana that is far more potent than pot of the past. THC content of marijuana, which averaged less than 1 percent in 1974, rose to an average 4 percent by 1994.



For the highly popular form of marijuana called Sinsemilla , made from just the buds and flowering tops of female plants, THC content averages 7.5 percent and ranges as high as 24 percent. As for hashish, a resin made from flowers of the female plant, THC levels may be five to ten times higher than crude marijuana’s.


I used to be 100% against Marijuana and for the banning of all distribution and use. I am a completely different person now (thanks Hevusa). If it wasn't for hevusa, I wouldn't have ever given it a try. In all honesty, I think alcohol has far worst negative effects than marijuana. The stuff you see in the movies and commercials are all B/S to me. Whenever I smoke with friends, we all simply feel..relaxed and comfort. I don't think you can overdose on smoking dope either.. Alcohol on the other hand?!



Hev I better get a thanks on this one. Remember what I used to post back in 2005? haha
RidinHighSpeeds is offline  
Old June 18th, 2009, 12:30 PM   #19
Retired
 
hevusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinHighSpeeds
I used to be 100% against Marijuana and for the banning of all distribution and use. I am a completely different person now (thanks Hevusa). If it wasn't for hevusa, I wouldn't have ever given it a try. In all honesty, I think alcohol has far worst negative effects than marijuana. The stuff you see in the movies and commercials are all B/S to me. Whenever I smoke with friends, we all simply feel..relaxed and comfort. I don't think you can overdose on smoking dope either.. Alcohol on the other hand?!



Hev I better get a thanks on this one. Remember what I used to post back in 2005? haha




You definitely get a thanks. Especially for having an open mind about it.

This site has been great for such changes. I used to be against guns completely, 100%.
hevusa is offline  
Old June 18th, 2009, 12:40 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
tyrone_det's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzerman19wingnut
I think there's some of that in there as well as the DOJ getting an elephant chest full of money to fight against the illegal substances.



Finally something I can agree with you on. LOL.


I'm a cop, as most of you know, and I believe that marijuana should not be illegal. We give too many kids who are not criminals criminal records because they get busted with pot.



I have fought with drunks, been shot at by drunks, seen people killed and mained by drunks. For pot, never. I've never understood the zeal some cops have for a pot bust. Some of it may be that a drunk can be very annoying to arrest, especially if they barf in your car.



Now, I'll go one step farther. Criminal law is not going to win the drug war. If we want to stop the crime associated with drugs, legalize them. ALL of them. Destroy the black market. If someone wants a decent job, they'll quit due to drug testing.
tyrone_det is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco

Tags
marijuana


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Marijuana tadpole256 Opinion Polls 20 January 29th, 2013 02:01 AM
Marijuana Myths, Marijuana Facts baloney_detector Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco 11 June 22nd, 2010 09:01 PM
Teens and Marijuana lillywilliam Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco 25 May 6th, 2009 01:08 PM
Marijuana tia Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco 22 September 12th, 2008 08:39 AM
Marijuana RidinHighSpeeds Opinion Polls 217 March 2nd, 2007 03:41 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.