Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco

Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco For political topics and discussions about drugs, alcohol, and tobacco


Thanks Tree56Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2015, 07:20 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
roastpork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,085
The Price of a good smoke.

Here you go:

What a Pack of Cigarettes Costs, State By State - The Awl
Thanks from coke
roastpork is offline  
Old June 17th, 2015, 07:44 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA TN
Posts: 10,183
vaping is the way to go and it tastes soooo good! I've created 2 more masterpiece juices--peach cobbler ala mode and oatmeal scotchie cookies. gave german chocolate cake a try but it came out nasty. got my percentages wrong. anyone still smoking real cigarettes should give it a try. I've been smoke free since march 2014, while I was lying in the hospital gasping for air. patches helped but I had smoked for 34 years and I NEEDED something to replace the act of smoking and vaping was perfect. I went from the strongest to the weakest nicotine in just 5 weeks and I've never gone back up in mg's.

unfortunately our wonderful government is trying to slap HUGE taxes on vapers and the industry. one of my main suppliers has had to move from Washington state to Arizona because of ridiculous new legislation up there. (Oregon or Washington). good ole uncle sam has to have a big piece of the pie. the government even wants to restrict the flavors to tobacco, mint and menthol only!??
Thanks from roastpork and coke

Last edited by kbear; June 17th, 2015 at 08:00 AM.
kbear is offline  
Old June 17th, 2015, 08:04 AM   #3
TW
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 19,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
vaping is the way to go and it tastes soooo good! I've created 2 more masterpiece juices--peach cobbler ala mode and oatmeal scotchie cookies. gave german chocolate cake a try but it came out nasty. got my percentages wrong. anyone still smoking real cigarettes should give it a try. I've been smoke free since march 2014, while I was lying in the hospital gasping for air. patches helped but I had smoked for 34 years and I NEEDED something to replace the act of smoking and vaping was perfect. I went from the strongest to the weakest nicotine in just 5 weeks and I've never gone back up in mg's.

unfortunately our wonderful government is trying to slap HUGE taxes on vapers and the industry. one of my main suppliers has had to move from Washington state to Arizona because of ridiculous new legislation up there. (Oregon or Washington). good ole uncle sam has to have a big piece of the pie. the government even wants to restrict the flavors to tobacco, mint and menthol only!??
You do understand that the long term affects of that is stil unknown. It's being advertised as a safe alternative to cigarettes w/ no solid data to back it up.
Thanks from coke
Sabcat is online now  
Old June 17th, 2015, 08:08 AM   #4
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 23,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
You do understand that the long term affects of that is stil unknown. It's being advertised as a safe alternative to cigarettes w/ no solid data to back it up.
I think the short term was of more concern to Kbear as she was gasping for breath in a hospital bed but maybe that's just me.
Thanks from kbear and coke
Camelot is offline  
Old June 17th, 2015, 08:43 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA TN
Posts: 10,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
You do understand that the long term affects of that is stil unknown. It's being advertised as a safe alternative to cigarettes w/ no solid data to back it up.
a cigarette with thousands of chemicals and carcinogens or vaping with no carcinogens? it was an easy choice for me. my pulmonologist was very happy when I switched.
Thanks from coke
kbear is offline  
Old June 17th, 2015, 09:38 AM   #6
TW
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 19,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbear View Post
a cigarette with thousands of chemicals and carcinogens or vaping with no carcinogens? it was an easy choice for me. my pulmonologist was very happy when I switched.
I was in no way attempting to undermine you switch I almost got one for traveling until they outlawed them on planes. I just view them as the "I can't believe it's not butter" thing where as we know (and most of the people in the food world already assumed) that it was far worse than butter. With all of the candy flavored vapes and synthetics I don't personally view it as a better alternative in the long run.
Thanks from coke
Sabcat is online now  
Old June 17th, 2015, 11:54 AM   #7
Your Own Moderator
 
pensacola_niceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 31,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
I was in no way attempting to undermine you switch I almost got one for traveling until they outlawed them on planes. I just view them as the "I can't believe it's not butter" thing where as we know (and most of the people in the food world already assumed) that it was far worse than butter. With all of the candy flavored vapes and synthetics I don't personally view it as a better alternative in the long run.
That sucks that you can't vape on planes.
Thanks from kbear and coke
pensacola_niceman is offline  
Old June 21st, 2015, 10:18 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
roastpork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensacola_niceman View Post
That sucks that you can't vape on planes.
It's a miracle they still let you drink!
Thanks from coke
roastpork is offline  
Old June 21st, 2015, 10:30 AM   #9
Banned
 
Generaloberst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 2,702
The cost of the cigarettes that I smoke, which is a rare occasion in of itself as I much prefer smiling weed to tobacco, are about $5-8. The brand is Lucky Strikes because I'm a degenerate hipster who refuses to smoke Newports, Pall Mall, Marlboro, or anything trash like that.

But cigs in general are a waste of money for me. For the price of a pack I could fuse together with another person or two and buy a g for the night.
Thanks from coke
Generaloberst is offline  
Old June 21st, 2015, 11:35 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA TN
Posts: 10,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generaloberst View Post
The cost of the cigarettes that I smoke, which is a rare occasion in of itself as I much prefer smiling weed to tobacco, are about $5-8. The brand is Lucky Strikes because I'm a degenerate hipster who refuses to smoke Newports, Pall Mall, Marlboro, or anything trash like that.

But cigs in general are a waste of money for me. For the price of a pack I could fuse together with another person or two and buy a g for the night.
have you tried vaping?
Thanks from coke
kbear is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco

Tags
good, price, smoke



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Three Grandmas Smoke Pot For The First Time, And It Is The Best Thing Ever LongWinded Current Events 8 November 21st, 2014 01:26 PM
Pot smoke radar gun. pana8 Current Events 4 November 13th, 2013 10:38 AM
Here comes the smoke screen!! hevusa Political Talk 2 June 4th, 2006 10:03 AM
Do you smoke? tadpole256 Opinion Polls 20 August 7th, 2005 07:12 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.