Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco

Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco For political topics and discussions about drugs, alcohol, and tobacco


Thanks Tree31Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2015, 09:33 PM   #11
Banned
 
Beasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generaloberst View Post
Find me a marijuana overdose. Find me a case where the chemical THC directly led to a person's death.
Acetaldehyde
Acrylonitrile
Aminobiphenyl
Anisidine Hydrochloride
Arsenic
Benzene
Beryllium
Butadiene
Cadmium
Diemythlhydrazine
Ethylene Oxide
Formaldehyde
Furan
Heterocyclic Amines
Hydrazine
Isoprene
Lead
Naphthylamine
Nitromethane
Nitrosodiethanolamine
Nitrosodiethylamine
Nitrosodiemethylamine
Nitrosonornicotine
(The list goes on, but you get the picture)

Do you know what that's a list of? A small list of some of the carcinogens found in cigarette smoke. I'm sure none of those directly lead to people's death's either. Hey, you can go pick up a cigarette and smoke it, and you won't directly die from any of those chemicals, so it must be safe.

Just because something has no immediate danger, doesn't mean it's not bad for you. Irregardless of whether or not the chemicals in cannabis are bad for you, the act of inhaling smoke contributes to the decay of your pulmonary tract by depositing carbon monoxide into your blood stream. Yeah, that sounds completely safe and harmless.

You remember when you were a kid, and the firefighters came to your elementary school and taught you to stop drop and roll and all that shit? You know why they told you to keep your head low and try not to take deep breaths when moving through an area with a lot of smoke? That's because inhaling the smoldering aerisols of semi-combusted materials isn't exactly good for you dude. But more important than that, is that it isn't good for the people around you. In fact, it's fucking terrible for the people around you. The smoke you inhale through your cigarette goes through a filter, yet the majority of smoke your depositing into the air that everyone else has to breathe in comes from the lit end, meaning everyone else can breath in more shit than you are.

Now I don't give a shit whether you want to fill your suicide stick with THC, tabaco or fucking cocaine. It's a disgusting habit for digusting people who don't even give a shit enough about their fellow man enough to not actively try and kill them. Maybe you want to make the choice to fill your lungs with cancer and kill yourself nice and slow, but unfortunately not everyone else shares that sentiment, so put the thing out- or here's a better idea, kick the disgusting habit altogether.
Beasty is offline  
Old June 17th, 2015, 09:58 PM   #12
Resident of Paradise
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******
Posts: 1,597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
Acetaldehyde
Acrylonitrile
Aminobiphenyl
Anisidine Hydrochloride
Arsenic
Benzene
Beryllium
Butadiene
Cadmium
Diemythlhydrazine
Ethylene Oxide
Formaldehyde
Furan
Heterocyclic Amines
Hydrazine
Isoprene
Lead
Naphthylamine
Nitromethane
Nitrosodiethanolamine
Nitrosodiethylamine
Nitrosodiemethylamine
Nitrosonornicotine
(The list goes on, but you get the picture)

Do you know what that's a list of? A small list of some of the carcinogens found in cigarette smoke. I'm sure none of those directly lead to people's death's either. Hey, you can go pick up a cigarette and smoke it, and you won't directly die from any of those chemicals, so it must be safe.

Just because something has no immediate danger, doesn't mean it's not bad for you. Irregardless of whether or not the chemicals in cannabis are bad for you, the act of inhaling smoke contributes to the decay of your pulmonary tract by depositing carbon monoxide into your blood stream. Yeah, that sounds completely safe and harmless.

You remember when you were a kid, and the firefighters came to your elementary school and taught you to stop drop and roll and all that shit? You know why they told you to keep your head low and try not to take deep breaths when moving through an area with a lot of smoke? That's because inhaling the smoldering aerisols of semi-combusted materials isn't exactly good for you dude. But more important than that, is that it isn't good for the people around you. In fact, it's fucking terrible for the people around you. The smoke you inhale through your cigarette goes through a filter, yet the majority of smoke your depositing into the air that everyone else has to breathe in comes from the lit end, meaning everyone else can breath in more shit than you are.

Now I don't give a shit whether you want to fill your suicide stick with THC, tabaco or fucking cocaine. It's a disgusting habit for digusting people who don't even give a shit enough about their fellow man enough to not actively try and kill them. Maybe you want to make the choice to fill your lungs with cancer and kill yourself nice and slow, but unfortunately not everyone else shares that sentiment, so put the thing out- or here's a better idea, kick the disgusting habit altogether.
Well, thank you for the lovely denunciation of the inhalation of particulate matter. I actually agree that smoking is a disgusting habit...although I have smoked tobacco and still smoke cannabis. However, I prefer to eat my THC when possible...or drink it. Am I still disgusting?

I'll bet I am!

Edit: If second hand smoke is the worst thing you have to worry about you have nothing to worry about. You won't die because someone smokes a cigarette near you...loathsome as the smell is.

Last edited by Castle Doctrine; June 17th, 2015 at 10:00 PM.
Castle Doctrine is offline  
Old June 17th, 2015, 10:25 PM   #13
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 23,841
Anytime someone goes all ultra-pure on you about smoking and carcinogens, tell them to check out foods off a BBQ, meats in particular.

Talk about your inconvenient truth.

But like many other things, there is also a very large dose relationship to danger.

Cigarette smoke is particularly bad. I don't know if pot smoke has been analyzed to the same degree.
Thanks from imaginethat
RNG is offline  
Old June 18th, 2015, 02:54 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 7,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
Acetaldehyde
Acrylonitrile
Aminobiphenyl
Anisidine Hydrochloride
Arsenic
Benzene
Beryllium
Butadiene
Cadmium
Diemythlhydrazine
Ethylene Oxide
Formaldehyde
Furan
Heterocyclic Amines
Hydrazine
Isoprene
Lead
Naphthylamine
Nitromethane
Nitrosodiethanolamine
Nitrosodiethylamine
Nitrosodiemethylamine
Nitrosonornicotine
(The list goes on, but you get the picture)

Do you know what that's a list of? A small list of some of the carcinogens found in cigarette smoke. I'm sure none of those directly lead to people's death's either. Hey, you can go pick up a cigarette and smoke it, and you won't directly die from any of those chemicals, so it must be safe.

Just because something has no immediate danger, doesn't mean it's not bad for you. Irregardless of whether or not the chemicals in cannabis are bad for you, the act of inhaling smoke contributes to the decay of your pulmonary tract by depositing carbon monoxide into your blood stream. Yeah, that sounds completely safe and harmless.

You remember when you were a kid, and the firefighters came to your elementary school and taught you to stop drop and roll and all that shit? You know why they told you to keep your head low and try not to take deep breaths when moving through an area with a lot of smoke? That's because inhaling the smoldering aerisols of semi-combusted materials isn't exactly good for you dude. But more important than that, is that it isn't good for the people around you. In fact, it's fucking terrible for the people around you. The smoke you inhale through your cigarette goes through a filter, yet the majority of smoke your depositing into the air that everyone else has to breathe in comes from the lit end, meaning everyone else can breath in more shit than you are.

Now I don't give a shit whether you want to fill your suicide stick with THC, tabaco or fucking cocaine. It's a disgusting habit for digusting people who don't even give a shit enough about their fellow man enough to not actively try and kill them. Maybe you want to make the choice to fill your lungs with cancer and kill yourself nice and slow, but unfortunately not everyone else shares that sentiment, so put the thing out- or here's a better idea, kick the disgusting habit altogether.
if you actually followed the link of the OP, it suggests vaping, it's actually an infomercial for vaping, which eliminates the list you posted. So does eating a cookie...

Smoking pot is a direct result of the form it comes in.
Legalized pot is more likely to be processed to eliminate the smoking part.
Thanks from Castle Doctrine
goober is offline  
Old June 18th, 2015, 03:52 AM   #15
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 23,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
I'm fairly certain that excalibur drinks, in moderation of course, therefore, alcohol is OK.

And for years, maybe his whole life, he has believed himself to be a better person than all those potheads.

That kind of high, the "I'm better than those people" high, is extremely addictive, which makes the "I'm better than those people" habit a terribly hard habit to break.
Then how does one explain Ex's apparent chronic depression he displays in his posts ? He should try herb. He'll definitely be better adjusted than he is now.
Camelot is offline  
Old June 18th, 2015, 04:58 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 52,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
Acetaldehyde
Acrylonitrile
Aminobiphenyl
Anisidine Hydrochloride
Arsenic
Benzene
Beryllium
Butadiene
Cadmium
Diemythlhydrazine
Ethylene Oxide
Formaldehyde
Furan
Heterocyclic Amines
Hydrazine
Isoprene
Lead
Naphthylamine
Nitromethane
Nitrosodiethanolamine
Nitrosodiethylamine
Nitrosodiemethylamine
Nitrosonornicotine
(The list goes on, but you get the picture)

Do you know what that's a list of? A small list of some of the carcinogens found in cigarette smoke. I'm sure none of those directly lead to people's death's either. Hey, you can go pick up a cigarette and smoke it, and you won't directly die from any of those chemicals, so it must be safe.

Just because something has no immediate danger, doesn't mean it's not bad for you. Irregardless of whether or not the chemicals in cannabis are bad for you, the act of inhaling smoke contributes to the decay of your pulmonary tract by depositing carbon monoxide into your blood stream. Yeah, that sounds completely safe and harmless.

You remember when you were a kid, and the firefighters came to your elementary school and taught you to stop drop and roll and all that shit? You know why they told you to keep your head low and try not to take deep breaths when moving through an area with a lot of smoke? That's because inhaling the smoldering aerisols of semi-combusted materials isn't exactly good for you dude. But more important than that, is that it isn't good for the people around you. In fact, it's fucking terrible for the people around you. The smoke you inhale through your cigarette goes through a filter, yet the majority of smoke your depositing into the air that everyone else has to breathe in comes from the lit end, meaning everyone else can breath in more shit than you are.

Now I don't give a shit whether you want to fill your suicide stick with THC, tabaco or fucking cocaine. It's a disgusting habit for digusting people who don't even give a shit enough about their fellow man enough to not actively try and kill them. Maybe you want to make the choice to fill your lungs with cancer and kill yourself nice and slow, but unfortunately not everyone else shares that sentiment, so put the thing out- or here's a better idea, kick the disgusting habit altogether.


Oh look! Another report from a member of the "I'm better than those people" club.

The post above is an example of a certain kind of mental/emotional poison. Unfortunately, you willingly spread it, and feel decidedly righteous about your doing so.

And, your rant was built around a straw horse to begin with. Who's saying cannabis consumption, or barbecued chicken, is harmless? Can you cite one "harmless" human activity?

Last edited by imaginethat; June 18th, 2015 at 05:12 AM.
imaginethat is offline  
Old June 18th, 2015, 05:09 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 52,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Anytime someone goes all ultra-pure on you about smoking and carcinogens, tell them to check out foods off a BBQ, meats in particular.

Talk about your inconvenient truth.

But like many other things, there is also a very large dose relationship to danger.

Cigarette smoke is particularly bad. I don't know if pot smoke has been analyzed to the same degree.
The smoke most likely is as bad. Smoke is smoke although nicotine has been shown to paralyze the lungs' cilia. But then, think of someone taking a 1-4 puffs of cannabis a day, vs. how many puffs a tobacco smoker takes from one cigarette.
imaginethat is offline  
Old June 18th, 2015, 06:24 AM   #18
Banned
 
Generaloberst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 2,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
There's something to those high THC levels I tell you.
Gets you higher with less. That's just about it. Instead of consistently needing dosages in excess of a gram just by yourself, you can have a gram or two, share it with friends, and still get high. Maybe that's because I'm a social smoker who does it on the occasion, but that's what seems to work for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
I'm fairly certain that excalibur drinks, in moderation of course, therefore, alcohol is OK.

And for years, maybe his whole life, he has believed himself to be a better person than all those potheads.

That kind of high, the "I'm better than those people" high, is extremely addictive, which makes the "I'm better than those people" habit a terribly hard habit to break.
I don't mind alcohol. Alcohol is a fact of social life and just exists, but if I had to choose between a joint and a beer, I'll pick the joint.

And, yeah, I agree with the last sentiment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle Doctrine View Post
We both know he can't do that. It isn't nice to taunt him.

Oh, Hell, go ahead...he deserves it...you know how those people are.
Don't really give a fuck. I've never given a fuck about taunting the shit out of people here and I'm not going to start now. Stupidity runs on both sides of the tracks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
Acetaldehyde
Acrylonitrile
Aminobiphenyl
Anisidine Hydrochloride
Arsenic
Benzene
Beryllium
Butadiene
Cadmium
Diemythlhydrazine
Ethylene Oxide
Formaldehyde
Furan
Heterocyclic Amines
Hydrazine
Isoprene
Lead
Naphthylamine
Nitromethane
Nitrosodiethanolamine
Nitrosodiethylamine
Nitrosodiemethylamine
Nitrosonornicotine
(The list goes on, but you get the picture)

Do you know what that's a list of? A small list of some of the carcinogens found in cigarette smoke. I'm sure none of those directly lead to people's death's either. Hey, you can go pick up a cigarette and smoke it, and you won't directly die from any of those chemicals, so it must be safe.

Just because something has no immediate danger, doesn't mean it's not bad for you. Irregardless of whether or not the chemicals in cannabis are bad for you, the act of inhaling smoke contributes to the decay of your pulmonary tract by depositing carbon monoxide into your blood stream. Yeah, that sounds completely safe and harmless.

You remember when you were a kid, and the firefighters came to your elementary school and taught you to stop drop and roll and all that shit? You know why they told you to keep your head low and try not to take deep breaths when moving through an area with a lot of smoke? That's because inhaling the smoldering aerisols of semi-combusted materials isn't exactly good for you dude. But more important than that, is that it isn't good for the people around you. In fact, it's fucking terrible for the people around you. The smoke you inhale through your cigarette goes through a filter, yet the majority of smoke your depositing into the air that everyone else has to breathe in comes from the lit end, meaning everyone else can breath in more shit than you are.

Now I don't give a shit whether you want to fill your suicide stick with THC, tabaco or fucking cocaine. It's a disgusting habit for digusting people who don't even give a shit enough about their fellow man enough to not actively try and kill them. Maybe you want to make the choice to fill your lungs with cancer and kill yourself nice and slow, but unfortunately not everyone else shares that sentiment, so put the thing out- or here's a better idea, kick the disgusting habit altogether.
So, I suppose the logical step would be to not smoke, per se, and then just jump to edibles and vaporization of marijuana. I'm fine with that. Gets me even more higher.

Last edited by Generaloberst; June 18th, 2015 at 06:28 AM.
Generaloberst is offline  
Old June 18th, 2015, 06:44 AM   #19
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 23,850
I disagree Generaloberst. These high THC levels bring on paranoia and anxiety attacks. I remember that last time I tried it at a tailgate 3 years ago. I took just two hits on a pipe and my anxiety was off the charts for a good hour. I mentioned to my friend and he told me that I needed to "fight the beast" as he put it. I asked him what was so good about fighting the beast ? I told him that the herb of the late 70's and early 80's was pleasurable without having to "fight the beast".
Camelot is offline  
Old June 18th, 2015, 06:52 AM   #20
Banned
 
Generaloberst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 2,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
I disagree Generaloberst. These high THC levels bring on paranoia and anxiety attacks. I remember that last time I tried it at a tailgate 3 years ago. I took just two hits on a pipe and my anxiety was off the charts for a good hour. I mentioned to my friend and he told me that I needed to "fight the beast" as he put it. I asked him what was so good about fighting the beast ? I told him that the herb of the late 70's and early 80's was pleasurable without having to "fight the beast".
Eh, I don't know. Maybe that's just because you're used to the earlier strains. I don't think I could smoke them. Hell, nowadays they'd probably be considered Reggie as shit and not worth stuffing in a bowl.
Generaloberst is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco

Tags
advice, ago, baby, boomers, cannabis, gave, long



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Feds Say Cannabis Is Not Medicine While Holding The Patent on Cannabis as Medicine ZakCarter Current Events 2 September 16th, 2014 07:05 PM
baby boomers webguy4 Social Issues 21 August 10th, 2014 01:04 PM
Don't fear Baby Boomers. roastpork Money and Finance 1 June 24th, 2014 11:02 AM
Good News for Boomers. roastpork Current Events 5 May 30th, 2014 01:57 AM
Republican Trickle Down Failure Will Punish Baby Boomers Camelot Current Events 64 January 3rd, 2014 07:33 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.