Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco

Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco For political topics and discussions about drugs, alcohol, and tobacco


Thanks Tree66Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2015, 05:45 PM   #11
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,368
The weed is indeed helpful when transitioning from real drugs.
Sabcat is offline  
Old October 1st, 2015, 06:49 PM   #12
Banned
 
Generaloberst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 2,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
There is not nearly enough longterm research on Marijuana to come to any conclusions. Pretty much every single marijuana study is bias so it is difficult to say if any are real. Some say there are no adverse side affects, some say that there are a few, and some say there are a lot. However I think that just legalizing it can have serious consequences. States with legal cannabis have much higher usage rates among teens which I think everyone can agree is bad. I have no doubt that this is just another tobacco fad where people think it is actually healthy but in reality is very harmful (Which I wouldn't be surprised about considering the amount of carcinogens released when smoking.) I can, however, guarantee that Marijuana IS NOT an exit drug. Any honest college or high school student would say the same thing.
I've been smoking for a bit now and as a high school student I'd say cannabis has done nothing to push me towards other drugs. I've made those choices to do LSD or to consider pushing on to other psychedelics because I want to expand myself spiritually and mentally, not to chase some fading high.
Generaloberst is offline  
Old October 1st, 2015, 07:08 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpork View Post
Some enter while others exit. IMHO all drugs should be allowed but no one on drugs should be allowed to receive Federal or State aid, unless the drug use is for a legit medical reason.
If you're collecting money from the government, why not stipulate no alcohol or tobacco use as well ?? The destroy far more lives than drugs.

When you say aid, do you mean SS, medicare ? veterens benefits ??
Thanks from Camelot
BubbaJones is offline  
Old October 1st, 2015, 08:20 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 55,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generaloberst View Post
I've been smoking for a bit now and as a high school student I'd say cannabis has done nothing to push me towards other drugs. I've made those choices to do LSD or to consider pushing on to other psychedelics because I want to expand myself spiritually and mentally, not to chase some fading high.
Since your arrival at DTT, you've indeed expanded yourself, and for everyone to see.

I imagine that some liked the old General better. I liked the General too, but I like you now better.

My Back Pages - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_PAEPEiy6o

Crimson flames tied through my ears
Rollin' high and mighty traps
Pounced with fire on flaming roads
Using ideas as my maps
"We'll meet on edges, soon," said I
Proud 'neath heated brow
Ah, but I was so much older then
I'm younger than that now.

Half-cracked prejudice leaped forth
"Rip down all hate," I screamed
Lies that life is black and white
Spoke from my skull, I dreamed
Romantic facts of musketeers
Foundationed deep, somehow
Ah, but I was so much older then
I'm younger than that now.

Girls' faces formed the forward path
From phony jealousy
To memorizing politics
Of ancient history
Flung down by corpse evangelists
Unthought of, thought, somehow
Ah, but I was so much older then
I'm younger than that now.

A self-ordained professor's tongue
Too serious to fool
Spouted out that liberty
Is just equality in school
"Equality," I spoke the word
As if a wedding vow
Ah, but I was so much older then
I'm younger than that now.

In a soldier's stance, I aimed my hand
At the mongrel dogs who teach
Fearing not that I'd become my enemy
In the instant that I preach
My existence led by confusion boats
Mutiny from stern to bow
Ah, but I was so much older then
I'm younger than that now.

Yes, my guard stood hard when abstract threats
Too noble to neglect
Deceived me into thinking
I had something to protect
Good and bad, I define these terms
Quite clear, no doubt, somehow
Ah, but I was so much older then
I'm younger than that now.
imaginethat is offline  
Old October 2nd, 2015, 02:18 AM   #15
Banned
 
Generaloberst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 2,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Since your arrival at DTT, you've indeed expanded yourself, and for everyone to see.

I imagine that some liked the old General better. I liked the General too, but I like you now better.

My Back Pages - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_PAEPEiy6o
Definitely. And the progression still continues.

Good song!
Generaloberst is offline  
Old October 2nd, 2015, 04:07 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,023
In the last debate, Carly Fiorina really annoyed me when she talked about her dead child (which is a stepchild) who died of a drug overdose and touted this as a reason why marijuana should remain illegal. The fact is that her stepdaughter died of prescription drug use and alcohol.

Marijuana is not a "gateway", cigarettes and alcohol are. Both are legal, and both have directly killed people. Prescription medication, drugs which are sold by a doctor's permission has killed people in record numbers and sent many people to rehab, or worse, street drugs like heroin, which is really the bad shit here.

I am happy Chris Christie doesnt have much of a chance because he will "enforce the law" and shut down the marijuana business where it is legal (in four states) and tolerated through medical marijuana laws (which I think is a joke, see next paragraph). Christie uses food as a drug. I know, I am a fatass too. Instead of drinking (which I am sure he does too) or doing a substance, he eats a cheesecake. He will be dead within the next 10 years while skinny potheads are still running around. Just saying.

Personally, I think " medical marijuana" is a joke. It is not that great of a painkiller and I dont think it does much good medically, except that it stimulates appetite which can help people battling anorexia or late term terminal diseases so they can eat and not vomit. Because it is "natural" doesnt make the best option. Cocaine from coca is "natural" too.
senor boogie woogie is offline  
Old October 2nd, 2015, 04:12 AM   #17
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 4,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generaloberst View Post
Definitely. And the progression still continues.

Good song!
Party on, Garth!
Lyzza is offline  
Old October 2nd, 2015, 04:28 AM   #18
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,030
On the A&E show Intervention, what jumps right out at you with regards to hard drug use is the existence of a traumatic event earlier in life. Either sexual molestation or an unexpected tragic death or parents with a history of hard drug use. To blame marijuana as a gateway drug always has seemed foolish to me. My late teens and early twenties happened in the 80's. I and many friends smoked our share of herb. I don't personally know of any of them going on to hard drugs. Legalization efforts out west have emboldened me. I now feel that it is my fundamental right to choose a nice herb buzz over an alcohol buzz. I want it to be legalized in Ohio.
Camelot is offline  
Old October 2nd, 2015, 04:29 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,670
Ohio is set to vote on the most liberal weed law yet come next month, even a Justice of the Ohio Supreme Court is for it. I expected to see a lot of anti-weed commercials on TV but have not seen one. The local TV news stations in Columbus are for passage. If it passes this will liven up the tailgate parties at the Horseshoe (OSU football stadium). Go Bucks!
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old October 2nd, 2015, 04:31 AM   #20
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 4,336
That should be exciting for you Ohio people. What do you call somebody from Ohio? Ohioan? Wow, that didn't get a squiggly line under it. Is that correct?
Lyzza is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco

Tags
drug, exit, pot



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Presidential Determination -- Major Drug Transit or Major Illicit Drug Producing Cou The White House The White House 0 September 15th, 2014 11:40 AM
Exit Sandman waitingtables Sports 14 September 27th, 2013 04:24 PM
Presidential Determination -- Major Drug Transit and Drug Producing Countries for FY The White House The White House 0 September 13th, 2013 12:30 PM
Exit Strategy intangible child Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco 0 November 11th, 2009 11:20 AM
A Drug to end Drug addiction onthefence Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco 1 January 16th, 2008 08:43 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.