Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco

Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco For political topics and discussions about drugs, alcohol, and tobacco


Thanks Tree66Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2015, 03:45 AM   #41
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 4,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
I love propaganda
Propaganda can be so much fun to study. It is an interesting topic.
Lyzza is offline  
Old October 7th, 2015, 07:35 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
Anger? I have no anger toward anyone. Where are you getting this? The reason I do not smoke (or drink for that matter) is because smoking or drinking has never made anyone a better person, and in most cases, makes the users life less enjoyable in the long term. If you want to spend your free time smokin' dope, I don't really care. Thats just not what I want to do and I think that people should be aware that their are consequences to smoking and drinking.

Yes, there are successful people that use drugs (albeit most use drugs after they became successful). I was simply stating that the cannabis users in my life are not successful. I never said that psychedelics where the exact same thing as heroin but they are a step up from weed. My uncle's heart stopped and he had to be revived because he took bad shrooms.
What are 'bad 'shrooms?" Poisonous?

How do you know that smoking or drinking has never made anyone a better person, and/or has made their lives less enjoyable?

When people call the use of truly dangerous psychotropic pharmaceuticals "swallowing dope" then I can take a post like yours seriously.

Until then, you're just repeating Reefer Madness propaganda.
Thanks from Camelot and Sabcat
imaginethat is online now  
Old October 7th, 2015, 07:57 AM   #43
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,124
Smoking weed, when it worked, helped me to understand the world better. I would not have arrived at where I have philosophically if I never tried weed.
Thanks from Camelot
Gordy is offline  
Old October 7th, 2015, 08:13 AM   #44
Immaculate Devine
 
Todesengel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
What are 'bad 'shrooms?" Poisonous?

How do you know that smoking or drinking has never made anyone a better person, and/or has made their lives less enjoyable?

When people call the use of truly dangerous psychotropic pharmaceuticals "swallowing dope" then I can take a post like yours seriously.

Until then, you're just repeating Reefer Madness propaganda.
I don't know what 'bad' shrooms are or if they were even considered bad. All I know is that he took shrooms and almost died. Maybe it was some other reaction that caused the problem. I don't know.

You tell me how smoking or drinking makes anyone a better person. I don't see it whatsoever. If you use it in your free time, I don't really care. But all I'm saying is that people should know the effects of it. It's not a miracle drug that has no side effects whatsoever that you are making it out to be. When I say that people who smoke weeds are not as happy over time, it is because I have seen it. Weed tends to shrink the part of the brain associated with risk/reward leading people to not go out and 'seize the day' simply because they would rather smoke weed instead. These people tend to live less fulfilling lives.

"When people call the use of truly dangerous psychotropic pharmaceuticals "swallowing dope" then I can take a post like yours seriously."
I don't even know what your talking about. I never said anything about 'swallowing dope'.
Todesengel is offline  
Old October 7th, 2015, 09:24 AM   #45
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
I don't know what 'bad' shrooms are or if they were even considered bad. All I know is that he took shrooms and almost died. Maybe it was some other reaction that caused the problem. I don't know.

You tell me how smoking or drinking makes anyone a better person. I don't see it whatsoever. If you use it in your free time, I don't really care. But all I'm saying is that people should know the effects of it. It's not a miracle drug that has no side effects whatsoever that you are making it out to be. When I say that people who smoke weeds are not as happy over time, it is because I have seen it. Weed tends to shrink the part of the brain associated with risk/reward leading people to not go out and 'seize the day' simply because they would rather smoke weed instead. These people tend to live less fulfilling lives.

"When people call the use of truly dangerous psychotropic pharmaceuticals "swallowing dope" then I can take a post like yours seriously."
I don't even know what your talking about. I never said anything about 'swallowing dope'.
Are you young, naive, Ill informed or just living under a rock someplace?
Sabcat is offline  
Old October 7th, 2015, 09:42 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
I don't know what 'bad' shrooms are or if they were even considered bad. All I know is that he took shrooms and almost died. Maybe it was some other reaction that caused the problem. I don't know.

You tell me how smoking or drinking makes anyone a better person. I don't see it whatsoever. If you use it in your free time, I don't really care. But all I'm saying is that people should know the effects of it. It's not a miracle drug that has no side effects whatsoever that you are making it out to be. When I say that people who smoke weeds are not as happy over time, it is because I have seen it. Weed tends to shrink the part of the brain associated with risk/reward leading people to not go out and 'seize the day' simply because they would rather smoke weed instead. These people tend to live less fulfilling lives.

"When people call the use of truly dangerous psychotropic pharmaceuticals "swallowing dope" then I can take a post like yours seriously."
I don't even know what your talking about. I never said anything about 'swallowing dope'.
I know the effects of cannabis, which are far less harmful than alcohol. Only a fool thinks "side effects" are absent. As with everything people do, a "risk/reward" calculation must be made.

A huge difference exists between use and abuse, and to conflate the two is the hugely dishonest tactic that has been used to criminalize a fairly innocuous herb which has resulted in millions of people populating our for-profit prisons. But hey, it creates lotsa jobs from prison janitors to high-rolling lawyers and everything in between.

True, you didn't say anything about "swallowing dope." You talked about "smokin' dope." Dope? Does it make you feel better to call cannabis "dope?" Only "dope" heads do "dope," right, and you're no "dope," right?

When your doctor prescribes drugs for you, that's different than "dope," right?

Cannabis has been legal in Colorado for almost three years. You're welcome to visit and see that society hasn't imploded since legalization.
Thanks from RNG, Sabcat and Lyzza
imaginethat is online now  
Old October 7th, 2015, 06:39 PM   #47
Immaculate Devine
 
Todesengel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
I know the effects of cannabis, which are far less harmful than alcohol. Only a fool thinks "side effects" are absent. As with everything people do, a "risk/reward" calculation must be made.

A huge difference exists between use and abuse, and to conflate the two is the hugely dishonest tactic that has been used to criminalize a fairly innocuous herb which has resulted in millions of people populating our for-profit prisons. But hey, it creates lotsa jobs from prison janitors to high-rolling lawyers and everything in between.

True, you didn't say anything about "swallowing dope." You talked about "smokin' dope." Dope? Does it make you feel better to call cannabis "dope?" Only "dope" heads do "dope," right, and you're no "dope," right?

When your doctor prescribes drugs for you, that's different than "dope," right?

Cannabis has been legal in Colorado for almost three years. You're welcome to visit and see that society hasn't imploded since legalization.
Dope is just a term for weed man, calm down.
Todesengel is offline  
Old October 7th, 2015, 06:40 PM   #48
Immaculate Devine
 
Todesengel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Are you young, naive, Ill informed or just living under a rock someplace?
Simply insulting me is no way to have a constructive argument.
Todesengel is offline  
Old October 8th, 2015, 07:39 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
Dope is just a term for weed man, calm down.
Kike is just a term for a Jew. I'm just tired of the idea still being put forth by some folks than any use of cannabis is abuse.

You're wrong an the attitude you hold has filled prisons with people who shouldn't be there, ruining many young lives in the process.
Thanks from Camelot and Sabcat
imaginethat is online now  
Old October 8th, 2015, 07:49 AM   #50
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 24,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Kike is just a term for a Jew. I'm just tired of the idea still being put forth by some folks than any use of cannabis is abuse.

You're wrong an the attitude you hold has filled prisons with people who shouldn't be there, ruining many young lives in the process.
A powerful worm has turned in this country IMO. For decades herb smokers were ostracized and had to go to the far corner of an outside party to smoke up. We were always "those guys" and had no choice but to accept weak social status. Now that some dominos have fallen in the west, pent up frustration has been released. We are now emboldened to have the same rights and choices as those who drink and take anti-depressants. I want my herb and I want in now.
Thanks from Lyzza
Camelot is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco

Tags
drug, exit, pot



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Presidential Determination -- Major Drug Transit or Major Illicit Drug Producing Cou The White House The White House 0 September 15th, 2014 11:40 AM
Exit Sandman waitingtables Sports 14 September 27th, 2013 04:24 PM
Presidential Determination -- Major Drug Transit and Drug Producing Countries for FY The White House The White House 0 September 13th, 2013 12:30 PM
Exit Strategy intangible child Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco 0 November 11th, 2009 11:20 AM
A Drug to end Drug addiction onthefence Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco 1 January 16th, 2008 08:43 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.