Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco

Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco For political topics and discussions about drugs, alcohol, and tobacco


Thanks Tree66Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2015, 08:26 AM   #51
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generaloberst View Post
Yeah but so is coffee, or soda, or even the internet.
I know. Speaking as someone who has an addictive personality, anything that one derives pleasure from can be addictive.
Thanks from Lyzza
Gordy is offline  
Old October 8th, 2015, 08:33 AM   #52
Immaculate Devine
 
Todesengel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Kike is just a term for a Jew. I'm just tired of the idea still being put forth by some folks than any use of cannabis is abuse.

You're wrong an the attitude you hold has filled prisons with people who shouldn't be there, ruining many young lives in the process.
Really outstanding argumentation skills. Correlate a racial slur to a normal term for weed that people who smoke weed regularly use. Then claim that my opinion is 'wrong' and accuse me of being one of the reasons that people are in prison. All that I have said this entire time is that there are negative consequences to smoking weed. You are way to emotional about this, no need to get all lathered up.
Todesengel is offline  
Old October 8th, 2015, 08:35 AM   #53
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
Really outstanding argumentation skills. Correlate a racial slur to a normal term for weed that people who smoke weed regularly use. Then claim that my opinion is 'wrong' and accuse me of being one of the reasons that people are in prison. All that I have said this entire time is that there are negative consequences to smoking weed. You are way to emotional about this, no need to get all lathered up.
Actually, the term "dope" is reserved for heroin and not weed.
Thanks from imaginethat, Sabcat and Lyzza
Gordy is offline  
Old October 8th, 2015, 08:39 AM   #54
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 25,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
Really outstanding argumentation skills. Correlate a racial slur to a normal term for weed that people who smoke weed regularly use. Then claim that my opinion is 'wrong' and accuse me of being one of the reasons that people are in prison. All that I have said this entire time is that there are negative consequences to smoking weed. You are way to emotional about this, no need to get all lathered up.
Dope is not a normal term for pot.

That ended in the 60s I think. Are you another of the angry old white men?
Thanks from imaginethat, Sabcat and Lyzza
RNG is offline  
Old October 8th, 2015, 09:53 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
roastpork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Actually, the term "dope" is reserved for heroin and not weed.
Not true, "lets smoke some dope", was used in the 60's to describe going to smoke some weed, and only later used to describe heroin laced cigarettes, which were readily available in Bangkok and Vietnam.
roastpork is offline  
Old October 8th, 2015, 11:34 AM   #56
Immaculate Devine
 
Todesengel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Dope is not a normal term for pot.

That ended in the 60s I think. Are you another of the angry old white men?
I hear people say it all the time. You sound like the old white man here. I wasn't even alive in the 60's.
Todesengel is offline  
Old October 8th, 2015, 12:00 PM   #57
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastpork View Post
Not true, "lets smoke some dope", was used in the 60's to describe going to smoke some weed, and only later used to describe heroin laced cigarettes, which were readily available in Bangkok and Vietnam.
Nobody my age calls weed "dope" anymore.
Thanks from Sabcat and Lyzza
Gordy is offline  
Old October 8th, 2015, 12:03 PM   #58
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 25,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Nobody my age calls weed "dope" anymore.
Nobody my age calls it dope anymore and I was an undergrad in the 60s.
Thanks from Sabcat, Gordy and Lyzza
RNG is offline  
Old October 8th, 2015, 12:34 PM   #59
Banned
 
Generaloberst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 2,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todesengel View Post
I hear people say it all the time. You sound like the old white man here. I wasn't even alive in the 60's.
Literally no one uses dope to describe anything but heroin in my age bracket. Cannabis is called marijuana, weed, pot, or tree typically.
Thanks from Sabcat and Gordy
Generaloberst is offline  
Old October 8th, 2015, 12:35 PM   #60
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 4,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generaloberst View Post
Literally no one uses dope to describe anything but heroin in my age bracket. Cannabis is called marijuana, weed, pot, or tree typically.
We used to call it "herb."
Thanks from imaginethat and Camelot
Lyzza is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco

Tags
drug, exit, pot



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Presidential Determination -- Major Drug Transit or Major Illicit Drug Producing Cou The White House The White House 0 September 15th, 2014 11:40 AM
Exit Sandman waitingtables Sports 14 September 27th, 2013 04:24 PM
Presidential Determination -- Major Drug Transit and Drug Producing Countries for FY The White House The White House 0 September 13th, 2013 12:30 PM
Exit Strategy intangible child Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco 0 November 11th, 2009 11:20 AM
A Drug to end Drug addiction onthefence Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco 1 January 16th, 2008 08:43 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.