Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco

Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco For political topics and discussions about drugs, alcohol, and tobacco


Thanks Tree50Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2016, 05:29 PM   #31
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensacola_niceman View Post
I am actually a better driver when I've had a few drinks - no kidding.
So there you have it folks...one mod is a druggy stoner and the other a drunkard that admits to recklessly driving drunk. This forum needs to get rid of these 2 miscreants and get some God fearing, righteous believers to moderate this board. These 2 S&Gers have allowed this board to become a vile den of heathenism and left wing scum!
Sunshine is offline  
Old March 12th, 2016, 05:30 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelT View Post
Because anything that lowers your concentration level makes you a greater danger to other road users.
Tongue in cheek Michael.
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 12th, 2016, 05:36 PM   #33
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 27,259
It got totally hushed up when MADD gained all that strength, but there was a well run study that showed that people who had had a couple (but just a couple) did tend to drive better because they concentrated more on their driving since there was always a bit of a concern that they might not be legal. It got buried, and maybe for good reason, because my observations cause me to conclude that most don't realize when they have had the drink or drinks that pushes them past that point into the menace category.
Thanks from Twisted Sister
RNG is offline  
Old March 12th, 2016, 05:41 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
This thread is about singing the praises of marijuana, so I will add mine. Marijuana got me through college. I had the misfortune of attending an Ivy League school where they taught propaganda and discouraged critical thinking. Critical thinking got me into a lot of trouble at this horrible institution and I almost flunked out. But then I discovered that by smoking marijuana regularly, I could turn off my critical thinking and so my grades soared and I graduated with flying colors. Only after graduating did I stop smoking marijuana and reflected on what a vile institution modern university is, teaching utter shit and discouraging critical thought.
I will keep this on file if you don't mind as a "weed testimonial" for future cannabis referendums.

TURN, TURN, TURN
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 12th, 2016, 05:46 PM   #35
Your Own Moderator
 
pensacola_niceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 31,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
So there you have it folks...one mod is a druggy stoner and the other a drunkard that admits to recklessly driving drunk. This forum needs to get rid of these 2 miscreants and get some God fearing, righteous believers to moderate this board. These 2 S&Gers have allowed this board to become a vile den of heathenism and left wing scum!
Actually, I have an anxiety problem that sometimes makes me have trouble driving. I have medication for it and it works. However, if I've had a few drinks, the anxiety problem goes away. That being said, I don't advocate anybody driving under the influence of alcohol.
pensacola_niceman is offline  
Old March 12th, 2016, 05:51 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
So there you have it folks...one mod is a druggy stoner and the other a drunkard that admits to recklessly driving drunk. This forum needs to get rid of these 2 miscreants and get some God fearing, righteous believers to moderate this board. These 2 S&Gers have allowed this board to become a vile den of heathenism and left wing scum!
Thanks. It's nice that somebody appreciates our efforts.
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 12th, 2016, 06:01 PM   #37
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Thanks. It's nice that somebody appreciates our efforts.
You're one of them dudes that smokes two joints before he smokes two joints then smoke two more (or at every 10,000 points).
Sunshine is offline  
Old March 12th, 2016, 06:03 PM   #38
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensacola_niceman View Post
Actually, I have an anxiety problem that sometimes makes me have trouble driving. I have medication for it and it works. However, if I've had a few drinks, the anxiety problem goes away. That being said, I don't advocate anybody driving under the influence of alcohol.
As long as it's not ludes...People on ludes should *not* drive.
Sunshine is offline  
Old March 12th, 2016, 06:11 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
You're one of them dudes that smokes two joints before he smokes two joints then smoke two more (or at every 10,000 points).
I cashed in a bunch of those points the other day, and got gas for $0.97/gal. It was far out. The "gallons" were going up faster than the dollars!!
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 12th, 2016, 06:54 PM   #40
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
This thread is about singing the praises of marijuana, so I will add mine. Marijuana got me through college. I had the misfortune of attending an Ivy League school where they taught propaganda and discouraged critical thinking. Critical thinking got me into a lot of trouble at this horrible institution and I almost flunked out. But then I discovered that by smoking marijuana regularly, I could turn off my critical thinking and so my grades soared and I graduated with flying colors. Only after graduating did I stop smoking marijuana and reflected on what a vile institution modern university is, teaching utter shit and discouraging critical thought.
I had not even noticed this until IT quoted it. I have to say, in all honesty. That in my opinion, this is the best post of this entire thread. Now, before someone starts screaming I agree with it etc. etc., let me explain. Will you just look at this literary work before us. This is so far in left field, that it begs that you just have to believe your telling the truth/ Anyway, my point is, sometimes, its so far out there, that you just got to believe its true.
Thanks from imaginethat
coke is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco

Tags
benefits, cannabis, health, smoking, surprising



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Feds Say Cannabis Is Not Medicine While Holding The Patent on Cannabis as Medicine ZakCarter Current Events 2 September 16th, 2014 08:05 PM
Obamacare costs another 20,000 workers their health benefits Libertine Current Events 34 September 23rd, 2013 12:28 PM
10 Surprising Health Benefits of Sex intangible child Healthcare 0 March 20th, 2013 04:57 PM
30% Of U.s. Employers To Drop Health Benefits: Mckinsey garysher Healthcare 3 June 21st, 2011 11:45 AM
Health care benefits begin to take effect garysher Healthcare 0 September 22nd, 2010 09:58 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.