Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco

Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco For political topics and discussions about drugs, alcohol, and tobacco


Thanks Tree9Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2017, 01:26 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
roastpork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,205
A great proposal!

This is long overdue!
https://www.illinoispolicy.org/illin...ize-marijuana/
roastpork is offline  
Old March 30th, 2017, 01:33 PM   #2
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Its a start. But its not fair that the DUI for pot is less extreme for alcohol. Needs to be even
Thanks from roastpork
coke is offline  
Old March 30th, 2017, 02:55 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Its a start. But its not fair that the DUI for pot is less extreme for alcohol. Needs to be even
A drunk driver is more dangerous by a big margin.
Thanks from Hollywood
imaginethat is online now  
Old March 30th, 2017, 04:40 PM   #4
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
A drunk driver is more dangerous by a big margin.
Unless of course the drunk is the guy who drinks 12 beers every day at the bar and drives home. His tolerance is built up. But, that does not count either. Nope, sorry. Agree to disagree. I think pot should be legal. But it should not be given a free pass just because you think or joe thinks or whoever thinks they are in more control with pot than booze. Your high on drugs or booze you dont drive. Equal punishment for all.
coke is offline  
Old March 30th, 2017, 06:53 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Unless of course the drunk is the guy who drinks 12 beers every day at the bar and drives home. His tolerance is built up. But, that does not count either. Nope, sorry. Agree to disagree. I think pot should be legal. But it should not be given a free pass just because you think or joe thinks or whoever thinks they are in more control with pot than booze. Your high on drugs or booze you dont drive. Equal punishment for all.
Give an average person six beers and another four hits, and you tell me who you'd rather have driving.

That's experience talking, btw.

Alcohol makes people stupid, and do stupid things. Our culture owes many of its worst characteristics to alcohol consumption.
Thanks from Camelot, Sabcat and Hollywood
imaginethat is online now  
Old March 30th, 2017, 06:55 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,207
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Unless of course the drunk is the guy who drinks 12 beers every day at the bar and drives home. His tolerance is built up. But, that does not count either. Nope, sorry. Agree to disagree. I think pot should be legal. But it should not be given a free pass just because you think or joe thinks or whoever thinks they are in more control with pot than booze. Your high on drugs or booze you dont drive. Equal punishment for all.
I've never encountered anyone who had 12 beers who was OK to drive. I've met plenty of drunks who insisted they are OK to drive. Not once.
Thanks from Hollywood
imaginethat is online now  
Old March 31st, 2017, 02:44 AM   #7
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
I've never encountered anyone who had 12 beers who was OK to drive. I've met plenty of drunks who insisted they are OK to drive. Not once.
Back at you with someone who I met who was high. See how this works
coke is offline  
Old March 31st, 2017, 03:28 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,179
I have drove the interstate drunk but never got caught. One and only one time I took two tokes on super strong pot and got all mixed up on the interstate headed for Jeff City, Missouri and ended up in northern Wisconsin. So little done, so much to do.
Thanks from McCoy
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old April 21st, 2017, 01:46 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: home
Posts: 6
Sounds good! We need legalization for job creation and to take on organized crime.
Thanks from McCoy
10000years is offline  
Old July 2nd, 2017, 12:35 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
McCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: MU
Posts: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10000years View Post
Sounds good! We need legalization for job creation and to take on organized crime.
But no.
McCoy is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco

Tags
great, proposal



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New privilege tax proposal Sabcat Current Events 17 November 16th, 2015 08:12 AM
A bad proposal roastpork Current Events 4 February 24th, 2015 11:36 PM
Best Marriage Proposal Ever! tristanrobin Gay and Lesbian Rights 4 September 13th, 2013 05:47 AM
The Great Leap Forward [THE GREAT MARCH BACKWARDS] falcondule Civil Rights 1 September 3rd, 2013 02:21 PM
Pineapple And Great Great Great Granddaddy Say Howdy! PINEAPPLE Gay and Lesbian Rights 34 February 27th, 2007 06:18 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.