Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco

Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco For political topics and discussions about drugs, alcohol, and tobacco


Thanks Tree9Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 30th, 2017, 12:22 PM   #11
forgot my old user name
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/th...ooked-on-crack

Thoughts on the article (assuming you read it)?
GOOD, but as is typical for PBS, everything is scripted and edited to avoid offending the powerful. So they do cover how the crack epidemic was portrayed as personal moral failure of black inner city residents BUT they don't breathe a word about how(thanks to the Gary Webb revelations)the cocaine pipeline from the Contras in Nicaragua--to the transport and distribution of cocaine to the dealers in US cities(including processing into "rocks" that could be smoked cheaper as 'crack' for poorer ghetto neighborhoods)...all of this was managed by the number one drug dealer in the world - the CIA...but that will never be mentioned in a PBS documentary

The CIA, the drug dealers, and the tragedy of Gary Webb - Telegraph

there are some pundits in LA at the time who believe the South Central Riots had more to do with Gary Webb revelations that were suppressed by both the media and the political system, rather than the Rodney King beating video and cops' acquittals that occurred later.
Thanks from Sabcat
right to left is offline  
Old October 30th, 2017, 12:45 PM   #12
forgot my old user name
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Crack is not physically addictive. People do not overdose as easily from crack. The crack epidemic of the 80s and 90s is much the same as meth is today.
Crack was portrayed as the most addictive drug available in the 80's and that was the excuse for harsher sentencing compared to powdered cocaine. I'm sure the fact that rock was being delivered to black neighborhoods, while powder was the drug of choice for the rich had nothing to do with it!

Quote:
The opioid problem is much different. One. The drs. Amd big pharma have created a great number of these addicts. On their own they are much easier to OD on by add in the synthetics that much of it is being cut w/ people are dying over it all of the time.
And the addictive powers of opioids are likely bullshit too! All drugs are addictive when people are stressed out by debt, job-loss and worries about medical issues. Addiction rates of returning Nam Vets dropped from 50% to below average US rates as soon as the soldiers were out and on their way back home.

Quote:
It is still being brought in by the CIA and being run by the same gangs, causing the same violence that the cocaine and crack were. I don't understand why this meme about the racist crack wars vs the sympathetic opium epidemic is being pushed. We as a society have come leaps and bounds on the drug wars since then. In the 80s and 90s you could go to prison for a few hundred grams of weed now it is legal in some states.
Big Pharma is behind opioid trafficking and they've already paid their hired political reps to stuff legislation to limit opioid prescription by doctors....so, enjoy as you spiral down into oblivion! And you haven't "come leaps and bounds on the drug wars!" It's still a CIA/FBI-racket used to subjugate the poorest and darkest, while giving free passes to richer and whiter!
right to left is offline  
Old October 30th, 2017, 03:47 PM   #13
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
You people will be the ruination of this great country, everything is about the poor victim black people, race this, race that. Do me a favor dig yourselves out of the gutter, stand up, and better your communities.
Lol... Your deflection game is superb.
Gordy is offline  
Old October 30th, 2017, 03:48 PM   #14
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to left View Post
GOOD, but as is typical for PBS, everything is scripted and edited to avoid offending the powerful. So they do cover how the crack epidemic was portrayed as personal moral failure of black inner city residents BUT they don't breathe a word about how(thanks to the Gary Webb revelations)the cocaine pipeline from the Contras in Nicaragua--to the transport and distribution of cocaine to the dealers in US cities(including processing into "rocks" that could be smoked cheaper as 'crack' for poorer ghetto neighborhoods)...all of this was managed by the number one drug dealer in the world - the CIA...but that will never be mentioned in a PBS documentary

The CIA, the drug dealers, and the tragedy of Gary Webb - Telegraph

there are some pundits in LA at the time who believe the South Central Riots had more to do with Gary Webb revelations that were suppressed by both the media and the political system, rather than the Rodney King beating video and cops' acquittals that occurred later.
I'm well aware of this, but the general premise of the article is true.
Gordy is offline  
Old October 30th, 2017, 03:52 PM   #15
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
This is true about the "white communities" but you also have to loom deeper than that. I work w/ addicts and in the past worked w/ not only addicts but the homeless (those two go hand in hand more often than not)

The drs. Were handing out opiates like candy for about a decade. Then the pill mills were pushing them out onto the streets thru weak scripts. Then the state cracked down on the mills and tightened up the prescriptions issued and filled leaving thousands of addicts that they created w/o a supply. Oxy is like 10X the cost of dope on the street so many of these addicts who couldnt/wouldn't kick turned to dope. The dope supply is increasingly more tainted leaving piles of bodies in its wake.

So yeah, i do agree w/ your observation but there is more to it than that. We have a whole slue of Addicts who did not get there through recreational use and why it is being viewed in a much different light.
I don't really see how this affects the perception of this issue. Heroin has always operated in this manner (i.e. Vietnam vets who get treated with morphine, only to come home hooked on heroin).

The fact of the matter is that nobody cared until it started affecting White communities. Which is why ppl like Sensible can't see the irony of saying "Black ppl need to help themselves" but turn around and say the heroin epidemic is a "national crisis" because the faces we see on TV are White.

Last edited by Gordy; October 30th, 2017 at 04:00 PM.
Gordy is offline  
Old October 30th, 2017, 04:13 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Lol... Your deflection game is superb.
Well I understand your race, race, race, game, it sickens me quite frankly, quit being victims and do something about it. Seriously how long will you continue before actually doing something about it
Sensible is offline  
Old October 30th, 2017, 04:15 PM   #17
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
Crack not additive ?? Since when ?? From everything I've read over the years it IS one of THE most addictive substances ever created. Supposedly ONE USE, and the average person is instantly addicted. It's one of the reasons the penalties for selling crack were so much worse then those for selling coke or even heroine.

Of course anyone with eyes and a brain can see that crack was largely a "black" drug while coke was predominately a white one.

There is and always has been an imbalance in the system.
Crack and cocaine are not physically addictive. There are not serious withdrawal symptoms like there is w/ booze and dope. People can become "addicted" to anything that triggers the pleasure parts of the brain.
Sabcat is online now  
Old October 30th, 2017, 04:17 PM   #18
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
Well I understand your race, race, race, game, it sickens me quite frankly, quit being victims and do something about it. Seriously how long will you continue before actually doing something about it
I'm laughing my ass of over the fact that you still don't see the irony of this statement
Gordy is offline  
Old October 30th, 2017, 04:21 PM   #19
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
I don't really see how this affects the perception of this issue. Heroin has always operated in this manner (i.e. Vietnam vets who get treated with morphine, only to come home hooked on heroin).

The fact of the matter is that nobody cared until it started affecting White communities. Which is why ppl like Sensible can't see the irony of saying "Black ppl need to help themselves" but turn around and say the heroin epidemic is a "national crisis" because the faces we see on TV are White.
I cannot explain it any more simply.
Sabcat is online now  
Old October 30th, 2017, 04:24 PM   #20
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
I cannot explain it any more simply.
It's not adequate.

And it also proves my point.
Gordy is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco

Tags
addicts, compassion, crack, hooked, wave



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Register heroin addicts will defund the Taliban and cripple Al Quada. Tony Middle East 49 May 27th, 2013 12:24 AM
The Compassion Of Dr. Ron Paul RidinHighSpeeds Politicians 18 February 28th, 2012 05:41 PM
Tobacco Giant Philip Morris is Hooked on Child Labor (Video) intangible child Healthcare 2 July 18th, 2010 11:14 AM
Vancouver Study Claims Benefits to Prescribing Heroin to Addicts Cubbie Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco 0 November 2nd, 2008 07:32 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.