Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco

Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco For political topics and discussions about drugs, alcohol, and tobacco


Thanks Tree12Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2018, 03:57 PM   #21
Rcovering Analog Dinosaur
 
Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Whittier, CA
Posts: 128
In all my sixty-one years I've never been able to handle more than half a beer or one glass of wine, and even as a wild youth, three or four hits off a joint sent me into outer space, and that was back when it was that crummy brown Mexican dirt weed.

My true poison was coke, I could out snort or out smoke anyone.
Twenty four years clean, thankfully.

Wifey has MS so she's a regular smoker, and she laughs at what a lightweight I am. So when I tried her super high grade stash, I definitely got overwhelming feelings of anxiety, I'm talking ER level panic attacks.
Know what? The damn cat came over, wondering what was wrong.



("Meow? Meow??" Pur-r-r-r-r-r-r - - nuzzle nuzzle)

Bless my little tuxedo kitty, and I learned quickly that playing with the cat and letting her calm me down fixed the issue.
Now that I know what it is, it doesn't bother me, but I still cannot handle more than a couple of hits of weed at the very most.
It just puts me into a total stupor.
Checkerboard Strangler is offline  
Old June 22nd, 2018, 05:30 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler View Post
In all my sixty-one years I've never been able to handle more than half a beer or one glass of wine, and even as a wild youth, three or four hits off a joint sent me into outer space, and that was back when it was that crummy brown Mexican dirt weed.

My true poison was coke, I could out snort or out smoke anyone.
Twenty four years clean, thankfully.

Wifey has MS so she's a regular smoker, and she laughs at what a lightweight I am. So when I tried her super high grade stash, I definitely got overwhelming feelings of anxiety, I'm talking ER level panic attacks.
Know what? The damn cat came over, wondering what was wrong.



("Meow? Meow??" Pur-r-r-r-r-r-r - - nuzzle nuzzle)

Bless my little tuxedo kitty, and I learned quickly that playing with the cat and letting her calm me down fixed the issue.
Now that I know what it is, it doesn't bother me, but I still cannot handle more than a couple of hits of weed at the very most.
It just puts me into a total stupor.
Growers have bred "up" - sativa dominant - and "down" - indica dominant - strains. The "up" strains are unlikely to put anyone into a stupor. One effect they have on me: I want to play guitar till I get blisters on me fingers. However, they will be the strains associated with anxiety.
imaginethat is online now  
Old June 22nd, 2018, 05:46 PM   #23
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Growers have bred "up" - sativa dominant - and "down" - indica dominant - strains. The "up" strains are unlikely to put anyone into a stupor. One effect they have on me: I want to play guitar till I get blisters on me fingers. However, they will be the strains associated with anxiety.
Do the stores rate the potency in Colorado like we are familiar with regarding alcohol by volume ?
Camelot is offline  
Old June 22nd, 2018, 05:54 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Do the stores rate the potency in Colorado like we are familiar with regarding alcohol by volume ?
Yes, for herb not concentrate. From the law:
Pursuant to Medical Marijuana Rules and Retail Marijuana Rules effective October 1, 2017, potency for medical and retail marijuana, concentrate, and product shall be labeled either (a) in a font size that is at least two font sizes larger than the surrounding label text and also not less than 10 point font, bold, and enclosed within an outlined shape such as a circle or square; or (b) highlighted with a bright color such as yellow.

...Required Potency Testing and Labeling of Medical Marijuana: Regarding potency testing and labeling requirements in the Medical Code and rules promulgated pursuant to the Medical Code, note that Licensees are currently only subject to potency testing and labeling requirements for Medical Marijuana flower and trim. As proficiency testing for potency of Medical Marijuana Concentrate and Medical Marijuana‐Infused Product has not yet been established, these categories of inventory are not currently subject to potency testing and labeling requirements. As such, labels for Medical Marijuana Concentrate and Medical Marijuana‐Infused Product should not reflect potency or other testing statements that would otherwise result in inaccurate labeling. However, if a Medical Marijuana Concentrate or Medical Marijuana‐Infused Product reflects potency information or makes any claim with respect to its potency, relevant labeling requirements apply.
https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sit...ules_FINAL.pdf
imaginethat is online now  
Old June 22nd, 2018, 05:56 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Do the stores rate the potency in Colorado like we are familiar with regarding alcohol by volume ?
Typical potencies: 16-31 percent THC.
imaginethat is online now  
Old June 22nd, 2018, 06:10 PM   #26
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Typical potencies: 16-31 percent THC.
Do you know where circa 70-80’s herb falls into your THC percent spread or is the low figure of 16% higher ?
Camelot is offline  
Old June 22nd, 2018, 06:23 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 23,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
When you are advanced in years the paranoia goes away. Especially when you have a long gun next to you which ease's all fear. Break into my house and you will meet a .30-30 barrel first.

.
I was born with a long gun, but i also own a couple of semi-automatic pistols and rifles. Prefer a 12 gauge pump for home protection.
Hollywood is online now  
Old June 22nd, 2018, 06:28 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Do you know where circa 70-80’s herb falls into your THC percent spread or is the low figure of 16% higher ?
1960s-1970s cannabis tested out anywhere from 1 to maybe 10 percent THC.

I saw the first sinsemilla in 1973. "Regular" weed was going for $100/lb. then. Michoacán, Oaxacan, or stinky Colombian was $150-180/lb., and it was noticeably better than the $100 stuff.

The dealer, a buddy, wanted $325/lb. for his sinsemilla. Dude. Then he pointed out: It ain't got no seeds, dude. Oaxacan in particular was loaded with seeds. I tripped out the first time I smoked his sinsemilla, and watched others do likewise.

I'd guess it was in the 15-20 percent potency range.

Once the 80s got here, I only bought domestic cannabis, and it was pretty darn good, but not as good as the best available today.

I should write a book. Rudy would be in it. Rudy lived in a totally Mexican part of Houston. Always had fresh bud, never bricked, always around 18 ounces. 1970. He and his buddies thought it was really cool having hippies in the house. Even at night, they'd ask us to put on our dark glasses. Whenever we'd comply, Rudy's friend Ox, a really big dude, always would say, "Hey man. Look at the hippies man...."
imaginethat is online now  
Old June 22nd, 2018, 06:52 PM   #29
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
1960s-1970s cannabis tested out anywhere from 1 to maybe 10 percent THC.

I saw the first sinsemilla in 1973. "Regular" weed was going for $100/lb. then. Michoacán, Oaxacan, or stinky Colombian was $150-180/lb., and it was noticeably better than the $100 stuff.

The dealer, a buddy, wanted $325/lb. for his sinsemilla. Dude. Then he pointed out: It ain't got no seeds, dude. Oaxacan in particular was loaded with seeds. I tripped out the first time I smoked his sinsemilla, and watched others do likewise.

I'd guess it was in the 15-20 percent potency range.

Once the 80s got here, I only bought domestic cannabis, and it was pretty darn good, but not as good as the best available today.

I should write a book. Rudy would be in it. Rudy lived in a totally Mexican part of Houston. Always had fresh bud, never bricked, always around 18 ounces. 1970. He and his buddies thought it was really cool having hippies in the house. Even at night, they'd ask us to put on our dark glasses. Whenever we'd comply, Rudy's friend Ox, a really big dude, always would say, "Hey man. Look at the hippies man...."
That was funny. Me and my friends would hold an ounce party. No one could leave until the ounce was smoked. It was not unusual being handed a bong from both directions while taking a hit off of a joint......LOL
Camelot is offline  
Old June 22nd, 2018, 07:09 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Hell
Posts: 847
Each time I smoke weed, I come across a weed paranoia thread. I can't imagine what can get a pot smoker more paranoid, other than that dude that snorts a 100 gram of coke a week. Maybe I should consider eliminating him from my sphere of influence before he robs me of my Girl Scout Cookies to pay for his coke.

#hellnoIwillnotpayforyourcoke
Marcus Livius is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco

Tags
make, marijuana, paranoid



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump's budget: the dream of a paranoid strongman and a vicious Scrooge imaginethat Current Events 1 March 16th, 2017 12:35 PM
Paranoid History of the GOP: How Conspiracy Theories Poisoned the Republican Party LongWinded Current Events 4 September 2nd, 2015 12:26 AM
Too-Rich To Be Paranoid?? Medicine Man Current Events 6 February 19th, 2014 12:46 AM
Paranoid Wingnut Fantasies About Obama skrekk Politicians 96 March 2nd, 2012 05:45 AM
Marijuana Myths, Marijuana Facts baloney_detector Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco 11 June 22nd, 2010 09:01 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.