Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance > Economics


Thanks Tree81Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 25th, 2017, 12:16 PM   #91
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 11,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Trolls gotta troll.
Lame rebuttal and hope I don't get dementia. You need veggies in your diet. I am never a smart ass and only speak the truth no matter who it hurts even to mods.
Thanks from guy39, Sabcat and justoneman
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old December 26th, 2017, 03:47 AM   #92
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 9,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
News Flash....

Leftists shocked to discover people have better lives with prosperity.

Some hope that they further learn that prosperity follows from reducing taxes and reducing government regulations.


Part of the problem with those of you on the Right is your myopic view of....well....everything. Take tax cuts. Hey, I'm all for having a little more money in my bank account, but you seem to think there are NO consequences. Cutting taxes gives people more money to spend as they like, which can boost economic growth. Keyword: CAN. The caveat is this: big revenue-cutting tax plans would have to come up with some big spending cuts. Tax cuts do not AUTOMATICALLY boost the economy and they certainly don't automatically lead to "prosperity".
Now, let's talk about gov regulations. Why do you suppose we have regulations? WHY do we regulate? Why do we have speed limits? Construction codes? Drug tests? Ingredients listed on products? Truth in advertising? Warnings on packages? Banking practices? Environmental laws?
We have laws and restrictions because we have learned the hard way (people died) that self-policing doesn't work. Given the chance, most business owners will skirt the law and we have seen the results: fraud, greed, pollution, unsafe workplaces, underpaid workers, the hiring of illegals, misleading advertising, price fixing, monopolies, shoddy construction.....
Without regulation, virtually every industry/business would put profit first, safety last.
The key is to find a balance in both tax cuts/growth and regulation/profit AND....to understand that for every action there's a reaction.
Clara007 is online now  
Old December 26th, 2017, 09:37 AM   #93
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 59,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
Lame rebuttal and hope I don't get dementia. You need veggies in your diet. I am never a smart ass and only speak the truth no matter who it hurts even to mods.
Oh it's OK. I was just spitting back; this kinda crap, the trademark of "Kelvin" and Sabcat along with "haters gotta hate" and some other inanities, but there's that saying about wrestling with pigs.........

I shouldn't do it. Thanks for the reminder.
imaginethat is offline  
Old December 26th, 2017, 09:39 AM   #94
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 59,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Part of the problem with those of you on the Right is your myopic view of....well....everything. Take tax cuts. Hey, I'm all for having a little more money in my bank account, but you seem to think there are NO consequences. Cutting taxes gives people more money to spend as they like, which can boost economic growth. Keyword: CAN. The caveat is this: big revenue-cutting tax plans would have to come up with some big spending cuts. Tax cuts do not AUTOMATICALLY boost the economy and they certainly don't automatically lead to "prosperity".
Now, let's talk about gov regulations. Why do you suppose we have regulations? WHY do we regulate? Why do we have speed limits? Construction codes? Drug tests? Ingredients listed on products? Truth in advertising? Warnings on packages? Banking practices? Environmental laws?
We have laws and restrictions because we have learned the hard way (people died) that self-policing doesn't work. Given the chance, most business owners will skirt the law and we have seen the results: fraud, greed, pollution, unsafe workplaces, underpaid workers, the hiring of illegals, misleading advertising, price fixing, monopolies, shoddy construction.....
Without regulation, virtually every industry/business would put profit first, safety last.

The key is to find a balance in both tax cuts/growth and regulation/profit AND....to understand that for every action there's a reaction.
Amen sister. You're not speculating. You're recounting history.
Thanks from Clara007
imaginethat is offline  
Old December 26th, 2017, 02:00 PM   #95
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 3,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Part of the problem with those of you on the Right is your myopic view of....well....everything. Take tax cuts. Hey, I'm all for having a little more money in my bank account, but you seem to think there are NO consequences. Cutting taxes gives people more money to spend as they like, which can boost economic growth. Keyword: CAN. The caveat is this: big revenue-cutting tax plans would have to come up with some big spending cuts. Tax cuts do not AUTOMATICALLY boost the economy and they certainly don't automatically lead to "prosperity".
Now, let's talk about gov regulations. Why do you suppose we have regulations? WHY do we regulate? Why do we have speed limits? Construction codes? Drug tests? Ingredients listed on products? Truth in advertising? Warnings on packages? Banking practices? Environmental laws?
We have laws and restrictions because we have learned the hard way (people died) that self-policing doesn't work. Given the chance, most business owners will skirt the law and we have seen the results: fraud, greed, pollution, unsafe workplaces, underpaid workers, the hiring of illegals, misleading advertising, price fixing, monopolies, shoddy construction.....
Without regulation, virtually every industry/business would put profit first, safety last.
The key is to find a balance in both tax cuts/growth and regulation/profit AND....to understand that for every action there's a reaction.
The problem is that the bureaucracy no longer works for us. It works for its self. Every regulation is nothing but an excuse to create more bureaucratic power. These are un-elected officials, who are themselves above the rules, and make the rules for everyone else. That system must be destroyed.
Thanks from Sabcat
guy39 is offline  
Old December 26th, 2017, 02:30 PM   #96
Banned
 
Kelvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: In
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
The problem is that the bureaucracy no longer works for us. It works for its self. Every regulation is nothing but an excuse to create more bureaucratic power. These are un-elected officials, who are themselves above the rules, and make the rules for everyone else. That system must be destroyed.

Government will east us alive if allowed.

Federal workers poised to overtake salaries of senators, DC gets highest pay raise
Thanks from guy39
Kelvin is offline  
Old December 26th, 2017, 02:42 PM   #97
Put some ice on that
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Call YOUR president. Maybe he'll appoint you as Secretary of Relinquish??
Chick job. I suck at typing, making copies, exc.


Thanks though
Thanks from guy39
Sabcat is offline  
Old December 26th, 2017, 02:48 PM   #98
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 3,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e48dda6f0a33

Should tell you all you need to know.
guy39 is offline  
Old December 26th, 2017, 02:51 PM   #99
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 59,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
The problem is that the bureaucracy no longer works for us. It works for its self. Every regulation is nothing but an excuse to create more bureaucratic power. These are un-elected officials, who are themselves above the rules, and make the rules for everyone else. That system must be destroyed.
Well damn, look what Obama did:

Quote:
Federal workers poised to overtake salaries of senators, DC gets highest pay raise

The top paychecks of federal workers are set to grow again next year to a six-figure number that rivals the $174,000 salaries of America’s 535 House and Senate members.

Under a new federal order, salaries for most bureaucrats in the General Service will rise next year when the cap on top pay hits $164,000.

And for the upper reaches of the government, senior executive service employees will be allowed to earn a maximum of $189,600.
You believing that? Oh wait, the story continues:

Quote:
The Washington area, where the bulk of federal workers are employed, will get the biggest pay raise under the order signed by President Trump before Christmas. There, the increase for General Service workers will be 2.29 percent.
Federal workers poised to overtake salaries of senators, DC gets highest pay raise
Thanks from guy39
imaginethat is offline  
Old December 26th, 2017, 02:52 PM   #100
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 59,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e48dda6f0a33

Should tell you all you need to know.
No quite. See my post above. That'll ell you all you need to know.
imaginethat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance > Economics

Tags
coming, layoffs, steelworkers



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wisconsin Gov. Walker: Layoffs Start Friday Unless Democrats Return npr Current Events 0 March 3rd, 2011 01:11 PM
its coming dusty Religion 37 May 14th, 2010 03:57 PM
L.A. mayor: 'Painful' cuts, layoffs needed CNN Current Events 1 April 21st, 2010 06:32 PM
Is this what we're coming to....? tristanrobin Gay and Lesbian Rights 3 December 16th, 2008 02:01 PM
Focus on the Family planning layoffs Cubbie Business & Industries 31 November 17th, 2008 09:46 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.