Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance > Economics


Thanks Tree12Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2018, 02:39 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 10,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
There is an inflection point in that data, it peaked in 2014 and steadily declined after that.

The national debt went up by $1,400 trillion in 2016, but only increased by $700 billion in 2017, that is a decline in the rate of debt accumulation, not an increase.
Do you understand what that means?
I don't think you do....
Thanks from RNG
goober is offline  
Old January 11th, 2018, 12:39 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Katmandu
Posts: 5,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Do you understand what that means?
I don't think you do....
It means that the last year that Obama was in office, $1,400 billion was added to the national debt. The following year, the first year Trump was in office, $700 billion was added to national debt, less than half as much.
Libertine is offline  
Old January 11th, 2018, 03:30 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 10,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
It means that the last year that Obama was in office, $1,400 billion was added to the national debt. The following year, the first year Trump was in office, $700 billion was added to national debt, less than half as much.
So, I was right, you don't have a clue.

The deficit in 2016 was $585 billion
The deficit in 2017 was $666 billion
Those are the real numbers, I'll let you think about that for a while.
I know where you got those numbers, and I know what they mean.

And you don't, and that's clear.
goober is offline  
Old January 12th, 2018, 06:52 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Katmandu
Posts: 5,244
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
So, I was right, you don't have a clue.

The deficit in 2016 was $585 billion
The deficit in 2017 was $666 billion
Those are the real numbers, I'll let you think about that for a while.
I know where you got those numbers, and I know what they mean.

And you don't, and that's clear.
The Federal government doesn't account for the reported deficit properly, so it is not nearly as important as the increase in the national debt. The debt is a real number that must be repaid.

The national debt increased by $1.4 trillion in 2016 and less than $0.7 trillion in 2017.

Quote:
The federal debt increased.

Debt increased by $1.4 trillion from fiscal year 2015.
https://www.gao.gov/fiscal_outlook/overview
Libertine is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance > Economics

Tags
data, economic, fox, latest, news



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obama's latest fraud: 'economic recovery' disproven sumara Current Events 1 April 28th, 2016 09:52 AM
Latest News from Ms. Palin tristanrobin Politicians 95 April 14th, 2014 12:53 PM
Latest news from Ukraine Pt. 2 imaginethat Current Events 4 March 8th, 2014 08:58 AM
Latest News from Ukraine imaginethat Current Events 194 March 6th, 2014 12:03 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.