Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance > Economics


Thanks Tree5Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2018, 03:55 PM   #1
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,684
Employment news

US Unemployment at 45 year low. Democrats scrambling to make bad news out of that.
Thanks from guy39
webguy4 is offline  
Old January 18th, 2018, 04:01 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
US Unemployment at 45 year low. Democrats scrambling to make bad news out of that.
That's great news !!! But it's also a continuation of a trend that started in 2010.
BubbaJones is offline  
Old January 18th, 2018, 04:01 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 10,939
Thank You Obama...
goober is offline  
Old January 18th, 2018, 07:55 PM   #4
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,684
Told ya so

https://www.facebook.com/20380506299...7475111623244/
webguy4 is offline  
Old January 19th, 2018, 03:39 AM   #5
work in progress
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Thank You Obama...
How's so? I am not an economist and would like to follow your train of thought.
Thanks
Lovebug is offline  
Old January 19th, 2018, 03:55 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
US Unemployment at 45 year low. Democrats scrambling to make bad news out of that.


Was this supposed to be news? AND WHY OH WHY can't you EVER post a link with your opening statement?

As of January 5, 2018 our unemployment rate was 4.1%. We have posted that any number of times. You are correct--it's the lowest in decades. Democrats are delighted BECAUSE even under Obama it was in a downward spiral for years. It was 4.9% under Obama (2016). Trump inherited the trend--just like every president inherits part of the economy. What did Obama inherit from GW?

AND why doesn't' the GOP see the problem that arises when EVERYONE who wants to work--IS WORKING and Trump is still talking about JOBS JOBS. Who needs a job now?? Anyone?
Clara007 is online now  
Old January 19th, 2018, 07:01 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 10,939
Trump is hoping the New jobs attract Norwegians...
Thanks from RNG and Clara007
goober is offline  
Old January 19th, 2018, 07:21 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
US Unemployment at 45 year low. Democrats scrambling to make bad news out of that.

Around the world, economies are doing better. Everyone is finally rebounding after the economic crash that occurred when Bush was in office, just before Obama became president. If Democrats are scrambling because they think this is bad news, they need to check the facts and start patting themselves on the back for our part in helping the economies around the world recover.

Man, I wonder how historians will record this period in history. There are so many erroneous things being said.

I tell you want, we are doing better because more people are converting to Christianity and we have a president who is doing the will of God, so God has decided to bless us. Sorry, my bad. But if you can't do better, neither can I.
Athena is offline  
Old January 19th, 2018, 09:10 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 3,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Was this supposed to be news? AND WHY OH WHY can't you EVER post a link with your opening statement?

As of January 5, 2018 our unemployment rate was 4.1%. We have posted that any number of times. You are correct--it's the lowest in decades. Democrats are delighted BECAUSE even under Obama it was in a downward spiral for years. It was 4.9% under Obama (2016). Trump inherited the trend--just like every president inherits part of the economy. What did Obama inherit from GW?

AND why doesn't' the GOP see the problem that arises when EVERYONE who wants to work--IS WORKING and Trump is still talking about JOBS JOBS. Who needs a job now?? Anyone?
It makes me somewhat sad I have to even explain this to you.

For starters with that much demand for workers it means opportunity for workers to move up the financial ladder.
With high demand and limited supply,it means higher wages.
Its called the free market.
guy39 is offline  
Old January 19th, 2018, 02:46 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
It makes me somewhat sad I have to even explain this to you.

For starters with that much demand for workers it means opportunity for workers to move up the financial ladder.
With high demand and limited supply,it means higher wages.
Its called the free market.


Awww....did Clara make you sad?? Aren't you sweet! Listen up, Coke/Santa/Kek/Guy39/etc/etc/etc.

America's job market is a bit like the porridge, Goldilocks. You don't want it to get too hot or too cold. It needs to be just right. I happen to think it's getting a little too hot because we are at "full employment".....which means employers can't find skilled or qualified workers for certain jobs. CNN
In 2001, the last time the unemployment rate was NEAR this low, the U.S. went into a brief recession.
Personally, I THINK it's a little early to count on a wage increase, but let's hope you are right.
Thanks from RNG
Clara007 is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance > Economics

Tags
employment, news



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Working American . Org employment add Sabcat Progressivism 0 August 3rd, 2017 12:43 PM
To know about employment law jonhuff Civil Rights 1 June 13th, 2016 01:52 AM
The Hussein employment LIE reason10 Current Events 37 June 7th, 2016 03:27 PM
Employment Should be a Right Gordy Social Issues 31 March 19th, 2015 11:12 AM
Religion and Employment RNG Civil Rights 2 May 2nd, 2014 04:18 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.