Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance > Economics


Thanks Tree29Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2018, 11:50 AM   #11
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Yes
Posts: 302
Obama added how much in debt in his eight years? Add on the monetary easing, and all he managed was 1.55% average growth. On nearly $9 trillion added to the national debt, with quantitative easing behind that as well.
Updike is offline  
Old January 19th, 2018, 12:35 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 11,093
Manufacturing will come back to the US, for two reasons, energy prices and proximity to markets. This will be facilitated by automated manufacturing techniques, which make labor rates irrelevant.
What won't be coming back is the millions of high paying union jobs with excellent benefits.
There will be some good paying technician jobs, but not many.

I remember a conversation with a guy trying to bring back the Fore River shipyard in Massachusetts.
The man said he was getting an excellent reception by the unions, and then he said " I think they think we are bringing back 3000 union jobs, if everything goes according to plan, with the modern equipment, we won't even have a hundred jobs."
goober is offline  
Old January 19th, 2018, 02:57 PM   #13
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Manufacturing will come back to the US, for two reasons, energy prices and proximity to markets. This will be facilitated by automated manufacturing techniques, which make labor rates irrelevant.
What won't be coming back is the millions of high paying union jobs with excellent benefits.
There will be some good paying technician jobs, but not many.

I remember a conversation with a guy trying to bring back the Fore River shipyard in Massachusetts.
The man said he was getting an excellent reception by the unions, and then he said " I think they think we are bringing back 3000 union jobs, if everything goes according to plan, with the modern equipment, we won't even have a hundred jobs."


Unions.are shit.
Sabcat is online now  
Old January 19th, 2018, 03:26 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabcat View Post
unions.are shit.


jealous??
Clara007 is online now  
Old January 19th, 2018, 03:38 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
He, he, great recovery, 1.58% annual economic growth rates and Obama ended his tenure at 1.6%, despite an unprecedented $14 trillion in fiscal and monetary stimulus.

$14 trillion is more than the GDP of the world's second largest economy, China.
Yep, well, when unfunded tax cuts are made, for a while things look good but then reality catches up and all the deficits have gotta be paid ... with interest.
Thanks from Clara007
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 19th, 2018, 03:40 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Updike View Post
TDS alert @imaginethat & @RNG.
You're soooo cute.
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 19th, 2018, 03:55 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Updike View Post
Obama added how much in debt in his eight years? Add on the monetary easing, and all he managed was 1.55% average growth. On nearly $9 trillion added to the national debt, with quantitative easing behind that as well.
Quiz: What do 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 have in common?

The Repubs controlled the House, where spending originates!!!
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 19th, 2018, 04:03 PM   #18
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,832
Like I said, democrats desperately trying to make bad news out of good.
webguy4 is offline  
Old January 20th, 2018, 07:49 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 3,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
jealous??
Well, your party is who kicked them out.
Thanks from Sensible
guy39 is offline  
Old January 20th, 2018, 07:51 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 3,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Yep, well, when unfunded tax cuts are made, for a while things look good but then reality catches up and all the deficits have gotta be paid ... with interest.
If we do not eliminate 40% of the bureaucracy to get spending under control and to get the government to work again, then you might be right.
guy39 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance > Economics

Tags
jobs, returning



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump tells Black citizens he will protect their jobs and create new jobs johnwk Current Events 10 August 26th, 2016 04:10 AM
US Troops Will Not Be Returning To Iraq skews13 Current Events 6 January 5th, 2014 03:25 PM
Media interest in returning war dead wanes CNN Current Events 1 April 9th, 2010 07:20 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.