Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance > Economics


Thanks Tree29Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2018, 07:39 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,583
Jobs returning to US

I could have presented this information in a couple of threads, but I want to focus the discussion on the world economy. Major industries are returning to the US and this has to be good for the US people wanting jobs, at least in the short term, but is it good for the world economy and will the change be good for the US in the long run? I really don't know. I am very worried that it well be bad for the countries loosing the jobs and that in the long run, this will be bad for everyone?

https://investorplace.com/2017/01/10.../#.WmIbwfmnEnQ
Athena is online now  
Old January 19th, 2018, 09:01 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 3,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
I could have presented this information in a couple of threads, but I want to focus the discussion on the world economy. Major industries are returning to the US and this has to be good for the US people wanting jobs, at least in the short term, but is it good for the world economy and will the change be good for the US in the long run? I really don't know. I am very worried that it well be bad for the countries loosing the jobs and that in the long run, this will be bad for everyone?

https://investorplace.com/2017/01/10.../#.WmIbwfmnEnQ
I personally do not care how it affects the other nations.

During the post WW II era,the United States economy was arguably at its highest point. One of the reasons was the rest of the world was still in shambles from the war. The point being the people of the United States did just fine.
Thanks from Sensible

Last edited by guy39; January 19th, 2018 at 09:08 AM.
guy39 is offline  
Old January 19th, 2018, 09:02 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 23,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
I personally do not care how it affects the other nations.
what an incredible short sighted point of view
Thanks from Clara007
tristanrobin is offline  
Old January 19th, 2018, 09:21 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 3,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
what an incredible short sighted point of view
Not nearly as short as yours

Which, because you failed to have one thus far, is not really a big leap.

But, I am certain everyone is just waiting for Tristan to have a point of view on the subject at hand.
Thanks from Jimmyb and Updike
guy39 is offline  
Old January 19th, 2018, 10:06 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
I personally do not care how it affects the other nations.

During the post WW II era,the United States economy was arguably at its highest point. One of the reasons was the rest of the world was still in shambles from the war. The point being the people of the United States did just fine.
I am not sure we have enough information? For one thing, the US was an exporting nation. That means money was pouring into the US. The US is now an importing nation, and that means money is pouring out of the US. It also means many countries want to be on good terms with the USA, and that might be a good thing? Trump policy may not be good for the world and the US?

Darn, got a phone call and it is time for me run and I wanted to stay with this thread a while longer. I hope we can talk much of the post-war economy and growing middle class. Here is a link....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBUUlRWi15g
Athena is online now  
Old January 19th, 2018, 10:22 AM   #6
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 29,592
First, the amount returning to the US is, despite the Republican President's hype isn't a huge amount. The change in employment is a logical consequence of Obama's great recovery being carried along nicely by the recovery of essentially the whole world. Employment is very much a lagging indicator of the economy.

Secondly, even with these shifts, the US is still in a strong negative in balance of trade and no one sees that changing for a long time.

Thirdly, as conditions in other countries improve, their costs also increase somewhat decreasing the advantages of offshoring. I had to laugh about a year ago when I read an article in the business section of the BBC detailing how some Chinese manufacturers were offshoring to Indonesia.

Things look rosy now, but it is based on very low taxes and high deficits and debt and easy money supply. There is a day of reckoning coming.

If the USD loses more status as the world's reserve currency, big troubles lay ahead and the more isolationist the Republican President takes the country, the more likely that is.
RNG is offline  
Old January 19th, 2018, 10:31 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 59,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
First, the amount returning to the US is, despite the Republican President's hype isn't a huge amount. The change in employment is a logical consequence of Obama's great recovery being carried along nicely by the recovery of essentially the whole world. Employment is very much a lagging indicator of the economy.

Secondly, even with these shifts, the US is still in a strong negative in balance of trade and no one sees that changing for a long time.

Thirdly, as conditions in other countries improve, their costs also increase somewhat decreasing the advantages of offshoring. I had to laugh about a year ago when I read an article in the business section of the BBC detailing how some Chinese manufacturers were offshoring to Indonesia.

Things look rosy now, but it is based on very low taxes and high deficits and debt and easy money supply. There is a day of reckoning coming.

If the USD loses more status as the world's reserve currency, big troubles lay ahead and the more isolationist the Republican President takes the country, the more likely that is.
To maintain high levels of consumption, empires at some point in their history require a negative trade balance. This situation arises when the empire is in decline.

Here we are rolling in material riches and .... people want more.

A smooth talker comes along and promises more, and people get in line.
Thanks from RNG and right to left
imaginethat is online now  
Old January 19th, 2018, 10:39 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Katmandu
Posts: 5,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
First, the amount returning to the US is, despite the Republican President's hype isn't a huge amount. The change in employment is a logical consequence of Obama's great recovery being carried along nicely by the recovery of essentially the whole world. Employment is very much a lagging indicator of the economy.

Secondly, even with these shifts, the US is still in a strong negative in balance of trade and no one sees that changing for a long time.

Thirdly, as conditions in other countries improve, their costs also increase somewhat decreasing the advantages of offshoring. I had to laugh about a year ago when I read an article in the business section of the BBC detailing how some Chinese manufacturers were offshoring to Indonesia.

Things look rosy now, but it is based on very low taxes and high deficits and debt and easy money supply. There is a day of reckoning coming.

If the USD loses more status as the world's reserve currency, big troubles lay ahead and the more isolationist the Republican President takes the country, the more likely that is.
He, he, great recovery, 1.58% annual economic growth rates and Obama ended his tenure at 1.6%, despite an unprecedented $14 trillion in fiscal and monetary stimulus.

$14 trillion is more than the GDP of the world's second largest economy, China.
Thanks from Sensible
Libertine is offline  
Old January 19th, 2018, 11:42 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 3,749
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
First, the amount returning to the US is, despite the Republican President's hype isn't a huge amount. The change in employment is a logical consequence of Obama's great recovery being carried along nicely by the recovery of essentially the whole world. Employment is very much a lagging indicator of the economy.

Secondly, even with these shifts, the US is still in a strong negative in balance of trade and no one sees that changing for a long time.

Thirdly, as conditions in other countries improve, their costs also increase somewhat decreasing the advantages of offshoring. I had to laugh about a year ago when I read an article in the business section of the BBC detailing how some Chinese manufacturers were offshoring to Indonesia.

Things look rosy now, but it is based on very low taxes and high deficits and debt and easy money supply. There is a day of reckoning coming.

If the USD loses more status as the world's reserve currency, big troubles lay ahead and the more isolationist the Republican President takes the country, the more likely that is.
But there is some returning. As opposed to zero. Furthermore manufacturing jobs have picked up in the United States with new manufacturing taking place. So,even if those new jobs are not jobs coming back per say, they are jobs that our being done here instead of being done in a foreign nation.

As far as the US dollar, that is pure speculation. I agree the debt is going to have to be dealt with. Taxation at low amounts is fine as long as spending is under control and revenue is satisfactory.
guy39 is offline  
Old January 19th, 2018, 11:47 AM   #10
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Yes
Posts: 302
TDS alert @imaginethat & @RNG.
Updike is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance > Economics

Tags
jobs, returning



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump tells Black citizens he will protect their jobs and create new jobs johnwk Current Events 10 August 26th, 2016 04:10 AM
US Troops Will Not Be Returning To Iraq skews13 Current Events 6 January 5th, 2014 03:25 PM
Media interest in returning war dead wanes CNN Current Events 1 April 9th, 2010 07:20 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.