Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Education

Education Educational System Forum - For topics and discussions about the educational system


Thanks Tree9Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2015, 01:47 PM   #11
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 26,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Yes, that's an example of the results of rearranging faulty body-mind-emotions energetics.

You'd think a lot of effort and money would be spent on getting to the bottom of how placebos work.

Wait.....

No, now that I think about it, it's no mystery.
That's true. And if you can successfully get people to believe that crystals, or certain frequencies or copper bracelets or sugar pills will help them, it does.

And if you are really skillful, you can make a lot of money at it.

The technique has been perfected by organized religion for tens of centuries.
Thanks from Sabcat
RNG is offline  
Old September 1st, 2015, 01:54 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Franklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 1,202
Everyone should read Gödel's incompleteness theorem.

http://www.research.ibm.com/people/h...n00-goedel.pdf

It shows that math isn't divine, and besides it is one of the coolest things I have ever read with real twist at the end.
Franklin is offline  
Old September 1st, 2015, 02:02 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
That's true. And if you can successfully get people to believe that crystals, or certain frequencies or copper bracelets or sugar pills will help them, it does.

And if you are really skillful, you can make a lot of money at it.

The technique has been perfected by organized religion for tens of centuries.
Well, science needs to look into it, imo.
imaginethat is online now  
Old September 1st, 2015, 02:08 PM   #14
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 26,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Well, science needs to look into it, imo.
They have. When I was mis-diagnosed as having cancer, before any of the treatments were contemplated, and in fact even before the testing started, all patients were sent for a mandatory "positive thinking" course. And they taught all the techniques that had shown to be effective.

You might be interested to know that yoga was highly recommended.
RNG is offline  
Old September 1st, 2015, 02:30 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Personally I think instead of the Judo/Christian/Islam religions, we should be teaching divine math and here are some examples of why.

The Miracle of 528 Hz Solfeggio and Fibonacci numbers
BruineDwerg2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oSePXRbW9o

This is about phi and music.

What Phi (the golden ratio) Sounds Like
Michael Blake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_Ob-X6DMI4

I want to add this important explanation of Fibonacci numbers and Phi and why we need to learn math.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjSHVDfXHQ4
The knowledge of the frequencies was lost by the Catholic church, due to power and control issues.

Gee, where have I heard that before?

The one thing I have absolute faith in regarding God, and healing powers, is it has absolutely zero to do with any church, or organized religion.

That is math of which I have no doubt.

Interesting concept. I would like to see more evidence of it.
skews13 is offline  
Old September 1st, 2015, 06:23 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
Everyone should read Gödel's incompleteness theorem.

http://www.research.ibm.com/people/h...n00-goedel.pdf

It shows that math isn't divine, and besides it is one of the coolest things I have ever read with real twist at the end.
Please, do a synopsis.
imaginethat is online now  
Old September 1st, 2015, 06:34 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
They have. When I was mis-diagnosed as having cancer, before any of the treatments were contemplated, and in fact even before the testing started, all patients were sent for a mandatory "positive thinking" course. And they taught all the techniques that had shown to be effective.

You might be interested to know that yoga was highly recommended.
A recent study showed that people who were fighting the good fight, the visualizations, the positive thinking, all pursued robustly, along with people who were fatalistically negative about their condition both groups had inferior survival and cure rates compared to people who did neither, who basically didn't think about their condition.

I've observed that sometimes when people take up new, healthful activities such as yoga, or running, some people in their 40s, 50s, and 60s really bring to the activity the wrong "energy." They emanate the energy they done carry. They're in it to ameliorate their fear of death. It's written on their faces.

And I've had enough time to watch, and see that many of these people seem to have above average numbers of ailments and conditions.

I'm thinking the study I mentioned also noted this situation.
imaginethat is online now  
Old September 1st, 2015, 06:47 PM   #18
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 26,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
A recent study showed that people who were fighting the good fight, the visualizations, the positive thinking, all pursued robustly, along with people who were fatalistically negative about their condition both groups had inferior survival and cure rates compared to people who did neither, who basically didn't think about their condition.

I've observed that sometimes when people take up new, healthful activities such as yoga, or running, some people in their 40s, 50s, and 60s really bring to the activity the wrong "energy." They emanate the energy they done carry. They're in it to ameliorate their fear of death. It's written on their faces.

And I've had enough time to watch, and see that many of these people seem to have above average numbers of ailments and conditions.

I'm thinking the study I mentioned also noted this situation.
I'd be very interested in these studies. Mrs. RNG still has an interest in these things as it was a part of her profession.
RNG is offline  
Old September 2nd, 2015, 01:01 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
A recent study showed that people who were fighting the good fight, the visualizations, the positive thinking, all pursued robustly, along with people who were fatalistically negative about their condition both groups had inferior survival and cure rates compared to people who did neither, who basically didn't think about their condition.
most such studies are in cancer. there is no consensus, no clear pattern of any particular attitude that is linked to better survival. people are too variable, the same behavior, say going to church, or doing yoga, is engaging in new and positive things for some, but is run of the mill day to day living for others. for some people its in their nature to fight back hard, for others its in their nature to roll with the punches. to deal with cancer well, these two need to behave totally differently.

and i dont think divine math has much to do with it
hot dragon is offline  
Old September 2nd, 2015, 02:15 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Franklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 1,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Please, do a synopsis.
Actually Gödel's incompleteness theorem should be put in context. There are 3 things that destroyed the idea of "divine" math and science which are, in order, Heisenberg's uncertainty principle, Gödel's incompleteness theorem, and quantum theory. Before these, the Enlightenment had produced such success that people felt that the power of math and science were limitless. This is the kind of human arrogance that the Bible warns against, but because math and science are fundamentally sound, they could actually prove their own limitations.

Heisenberg's uncertainty principle says that by very act of observing a small object, one disturbs it which makes knowing its precise location and momentum impossible. This destroyed the Enlightenment fantasy of being able to precisely determine the future of a deterministic system.

With the development of math, mathematicians worked hard to develop a perfect mathematical system where all true theorems could be proven from a set of axioms. Many attempts to do this were made. But then Gödel published his incompleteness theorem which mathematically proved that this is impossible. I read this paper a long time ago but what I remember is that Gödel mapped theorems to numbers and then developed theorems about these sets of numbers, and so was able to apply set theory to theorems themselves, and so he turned math on itself to prove that there will always be theorems that are true but are unprovable.

Quantum theory is the most devastating in its effect on science. It says that tiny particles only really exist as a probability distribution of location and momentum. This is as far from determinism as one can get. It is also a violation of common sense. The double-slit experiment proves quantum theory to be right and common sense to be wrong. You can read about it here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment

Quantum theory bring up basic philosophical issues. Philosophically it is very contrary to Plato's view of the world, but it fits perfectly with my view and the view of the Old Testament. I won't try to explain this here.

I grew up on math and science, reading original papers like Gödel's. Math and science is what I did for fun, and I read the hard core stuff, not the popular fluff. Athena and others here embrace math and science as an alternative to religion because they really understand nothing; not math, not science, and not religion. I understand all of these which is why I support all of them, each for its own purpose.
Franklin is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Education

Tags
divine, math



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
California's Drought Is Divine 'Judgment' From God LongWinded Current Events 6 May 8th, 2015 05:17 PM
How the divine pen of Michel Nostradamus crushed the international atheist movement ftbuly Political Ideologies 1 July 27th, 2012 07:52 PM
Divine Intervention pensacola_niceman Christianity 5 July 8th, 2012 10:38 AM
Gigolo Baptises With Divine Semen intangible child Religion 18 April 28th, 2010 05:19 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.