Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Education

Education Educational System Forum - For topics and discussions about the educational system


Thanks Tree33Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2016, 08:30 AM   #11
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
No, the problem begins where imbeciles began to demand that public schools should me operated as a private business. That led to talk of "performance based" pay. To determine the achieved level of performance, "standardized" testing, at the behest of government, was often implemented.

So, extra staff is required for testing and record keeping. As I've mentioned, extra staff is required for students who shit on themselves and then throw it on you. Extra staff is required for remedial assistance since no one is held back when they fail to master grade-level work.

Extra staff is required merely for disciplining little angels who were never disciplined at home because they're wonderful angels, according to their sorry parents, or were "disciplined" with child abuse.

And let's not forget the extra staff involved in the English as a second language scene.

All these factors have played roles in the increases you noted.
The math does not support that. Thirteen percent of students receive some type of special education according to the Department of Education. Those that assist these students are teachers, not non-teaching administrative staff.

Even if these thirteen percent were serviced by non-teaching administration staff, the math does not equate to seven administrators for every .26 students.
Thanks from caconservative and Sabcat
Jimmyb is offline  
Old September 25th, 2016, 12:11 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor boogie woogie View Post
Personally, I would completely privatize education and have schools compete with each other. The free market would create much better schools, at cheaper than the government schools. See how much tuition is at an average private school versus how much per pupil the government school spends per student.

The money saved from taxation for the public schools would mean that everyone would be able to afford a school for their children can go to. The schools can also kick out undesirable students who cause violence and real trouble in the school.

Graduating high school would be basically be able to pass a skills test to a satisfactory score. SAT or ACT would be sufficient.

Also, encourage trade schools. Trade schools are now seen as a place for losers who could not get into four year colleges. Well, electricians, mechanics, welders and especially plumbers make good to great money. A liberal arts degree can lead to someone working at Starbucks and eventually not using the degree they spent so much money on. Job training should begin in high school. Most "walking around" knowledge is learned by the eighth grade. Mr. Asscrack the Plumber is making $70k a year in middle America while many college graduates are asking if someone wants a cinnamon bun with their expensive coffee.
I agree completely with the trade school idea.

But, your privatizing public education idea is seriously flawed. Private schools spend more per pupil than public schools. Look it up.

Privatization sounds good. It sounds reasonable, but the idea that money saved from taxation for the public schools would mean that everyone would be able to afford a school for their children can go to is just wrong. Schools are financed through property taxes. If a parent isn't paying any property tax, what savings are we discussing? Moreover, seldom are people paying a property tax equal to the per pupil operating revenue, the average amount spent per pupil.
The schools can also kick out undesirable students who cause violence and real trouble in the school.
Where are these kicked out students going to go? Now you've hit on one of the reasons public schools struggle: They can't turn away anyone.

The "free market" is good for turning out decent automobiles, but the very fact that one size does not fit all makes it a terrible model for education.
imaginethat is offline  
Old September 25th, 2016, 12:12 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 53,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Why a black guy?
Thanks from Daws77
imaginethat is offline  
Old September 25th, 2016, 01:47 PM   #14
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,235
Well after 35 years of the D. O. E. what has happened

Kids that stay home and have parents teach them are the better educated sector of the population.

It took the Teaching profession and turned it into baby sitters.
Thanks from Sabcat
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old September 25th, 2016, 01:54 PM   #15
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Why a black guy?
why not?
Thanks from Sabcat and Jimgorn
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old September 25th, 2016, 04:42 PM   #16
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Why a black guy?
why not? i have several of gifs under "oh, snap or oh yeah" that one seemed to fit.
Sabcat is offline  
Old September 25th, 2016, 04:49 PM   #17
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
I agree completely with the trade school idea.

But, your privatizing public education idea is seriously flawed. Private schools spend more per pupil than public schools. Look it up.

Privatization sounds good. It sounds reasonable, but the idea that money saved from taxation for the public schools would mean that everyone would be able to afford a school for their children can go to is just wrong. Schools are financed through property taxes. If a parent isn't paying any property tax, what savings are we discussing? Moreover, seldom are people paying a property tax equal to the per pupil operating revenue, the average amount spent per pupil.
The schools can also kick out undesirable students who cause violence and real trouble in the school.
Where are these kicked out students going to go? Now you've hit on one of the reasons public schools struggle: They can't turn away anyone.

The "free market" is good for turning out decent automobiles, but the very fact that one size does not fit all makes it a terrible model for education.
the department of education should be limited to ensuring that ali educational materials are available to all students that desire them. now w/ computers and the internet this can all be provided on line at little to no cost. communities that didn't wish to send their children to "private school" could easily set up a homeschooling environment. there is no reason that the taxpayers are required to provide day care for the nation. 20 people could go in together on one or two teachers pay, some computers, staples and a room and could easily cover that. $5k a year would be $100k in the kitty to work w/. that comes out to less than $100 a week for childcare and education.
Sabcat is offline  
Old September 25th, 2016, 05:15 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 15,609
In California, $7-Billion annually is taken from the legal students to subsidize the children of illegal aliens. The result has been, falling from the top 5 in education to the bottom 5. In the better private schools tuition is around $30,000 per student annually. And those schools have a waiting list. California is top-heavy with administrators.
Thanks from Sabcat

Last edited by caconservative; September 25th, 2016 at 05:17 PM.
caconservative is offline  
Old September 25th, 2016, 05:25 PM   #19
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
In California, $7-Billion annually is taken from the legal students to subsidize the children of illegal aliens. The result has been, falling from the top 5 in education to the bottom 5. In the better private schools tuition is around $30,000 per student annually. And those schools have a waiting list. California is top-heavy with administrators.
the people who's kids do not utilize the public school system should get tax credits up to the cost of the cost of the students in their district.
Sabcat is offline  
Old September 25th, 2016, 06:42 PM   #20
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor boogie woogie View Post
Personally, I would completely privatize education and have schools compete with each other. The free market would create much better schools, at cheaper than the government schools. See how much tuition is at an average private school versus how much per pupil the government school spends per student.

The money saved from taxation for the public schools would mean that everyone would be able to afford a school for their children can go to. The schools can also kick out undesirable students who cause violence and real trouble in the school.

Graduating high school would be basically be able to pass a skills test to a satisfactory score. SAT or ACT would be sufficient.

Also, encourage trade schools. Trade schools are now seen as a place for losers who could not get into four year colleges. Well, electricians, mechanics, welders and especially plumbers make good to great money. A liberal arts degree can lead to someone working at Starbucks and eventually not using the degree they spent so much money on. Job training should begin in high school. Most "walking around" knowledge is learned by the eighth grade. Mr. Asscrack the Plumber is making $70k a year in middle America while many college graduates are asking if someone wants a cinnamon bun with their expensive coffee.
If there was a most pragmatic poster award you would win
coke is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Education

Tags
department, education, indoctrination, years



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hereís What Would Actually Happen If Rand Paul Eliminated The Department Of Education LongWinded Education 30 July 1st, 2015 10:36 AM
'Corinthian 15' Challenge Education Department By Refusing To Repay Federal Student L LongWinded Current Events 0 February 25th, 2015 11:18 AM
Education and indoctrination Zealot Education 8 January 19th, 2014 09:21 PM
Education Department posts, then removes quote by Mao Zedong imaginethat Current Events 1 March 25th, 2013 08:09 AM
Far left at it again child indoctrination Zack Political Talk 5 September 25th, 2009 02:52 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.