Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Education

Education Educational System Forum - For topics and discussions about the educational system


Thanks Tree107Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2016, 06:15 PM   #71
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
I have already addressed this. Re-posting it without addressing my statements is a demonstration of a lack of intelligence and a typical liberal ploy devoid of any substance.
You haven't addressed anything. You demonstrate your NPD.

Some of the traits of a person with narcissistic personality disorder, traits you display with almost every post you make:
• Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

• Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

• Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations

• Requires excessive admiration

• Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

• Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
These are your DTT personality traits.
Thanks from Clara007
imaginethat is offline  
Old September 26th, 2016, 06:26 PM   #72
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
You haven't addressed anything. You demonstrate your NPD.

Some of the traits of a person with narcissistic personality disorder, traits you display with almost every post you make:
• Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

• Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

• Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations

• Requires excessive admiration

• Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

• Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
These are your DTT personality traits.
There is no question why this is a troll sanctuary.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old October 23rd, 2017, 06:02 PM   #73
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,996
.
Thanks from caconservative
Sabcat is offline  
Old November 26th, 2017, 09:26 AM   #74
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
.
You are right. I think the Military Industrial Complex is what we defended our democracy against in two world wars.

I also think science must trump the Trump whose nonscientific polices could do as much damage to the world, as Moa's nonscientific policies did to China. Authority not based on good science is awfully dangerous and undesirable.
Athena is offline  
Old November 26th, 2017, 09:32 AM   #75
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Some of the traits of a person with narcissistic personality disorder, traits you display with almost every post you make:
• Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

• Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

• Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations

• Requires excessive admiration

• Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

• Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
These are your DTT personality traits.
Great except for having some empathy for others, I am a perfect match for someone with a narcissistic personality disorder.
Athena is offline  
Old January 7th, 2018, 09:58 AM   #76
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,734
Sabcat I don't know where you are on the issue of religion, but a problem with President Carter's good intentions, has been his Christian beliefs. Actually, since the 1958 National Defense Education Act replaced liberal education with education for technology, our young have been prepared to serve the Military Industrial Complex and education for good moral judgment was left to the Church. This is a serious moral disaster for the United States.
Athena is offline  
Old January 7th, 2018, 11:17 AM   #77
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Sabcat I don't know where you are on the issue of religion, but a problem with President Carter's good intentions, has been his Christian beliefs. Actually, since the 1958 National Defense Education Act replaced liberal education with education for technology, our young have been prepared to serve the Military Industrial Complex and education for good moral judgment was left to the Church. This is a serious moral disaster for the United States.
I really question whether I would want a teacher teaching my kids morals. When I think back to some of the teachers I have had there is no way.

Schools shouldn't totally be tech schools. STEM is very important but so are history, literature, art and living skills. And thinking, reasoning and problem solving, but not just scientific and technical problems.

But morals? I don't think so.
Thanks from Gordy
RNG is offline  
Old January 7th, 2018, 11:18 AM   #78
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Sabcat I don't know where you are on the issue of religion, but a problem with President Carter's good intentions, has been his Christian beliefs. Actually, since the 1958 National Defense Education Act replaced liberal education with education for technology, our young have been prepared to serve the Military Industrial Complex and education for good moral judgment was left to the Church. This is a serious moral disaster for the United States.
I am an atheist, just not a militant one. The majority pf my family are religious. I cannot say i have ever looked at the Carter administration from a religious perspective. IMO there were a lot of problems w/ that but the one that gets overlooked the most is that it was the first administration who economy was 100% fiat currency. Also i have never looked into that '58 education act, if you have a link off hand it would be appreciated though i can easily research it on my own. I do feel like the school system is aimed at creating worker bees, not leaders and thinkers. This is very sad. I was watching a lecture on education the other day and the guy put up a great idea, removing two years of required mathematics and replacing them w/ stats and economics.
Thanks from Gordy
Sabcat is offline  
Old January 7th, 2018, 11:39 AM   #79
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,976
The problem is the No Child Left Behind Act. Eliminate standardized testing.
Thanks from guy39 and Sabcat
Gordy is offline  
Old January 7th, 2018, 11:59 AM   #80
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
The problem is the No Child Left Behind Act. Eliminate standardized testing.
I don't understand that. Why do you think standardized testing is bad?
RNG is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Education

Tags
department, education, indoctrination, years



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Here’s What Would Actually Happen If Rand Paul Eliminated The Department Of Education LongWinded Education 30 July 1st, 2015 10:36 AM
'Corinthian 15' Challenge Education Department By Refusing To Repay Federal Student L LongWinded Current Events 0 February 25th, 2015 11:18 AM
Education and indoctrination Zealot Education 8 January 19th, 2014 09:21 PM
Education Department posts, then removes quote by Mao Zedong imaginethat Current Events 1 March 25th, 2013 08:09 AM
Far left at it again child indoctrination Zack Political Talk 5 September 25th, 2009 02:52 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.