Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Education

Education Educational System Forum - For topics and discussions about the educational system


Thanks Tree91Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2018, 05:58 AM   #191
Senior Member
 
noonereal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: NYC
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
So you are saying College professors will work for no pay?

The contractors building the dorms, classrooms and Libraies will build them free of charge?

Publishers will print and supply books for no charge?

Just because the STUDENT isn't paying for the College Courses...

does not mean it is free


IF THE NON WORKING CLASS INVESTOR PAYS FOR IT.. MEANS IT IS NOT FREE


Remember the First rule of Economics (no matter what Economic model you are living in this is the first Rule)

T. I. N. S. T. A. A. F. L. (pronounced Ten Stauf EL)

There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
You are a lunatic

read my post again and put on your thinking cap (if you own one)

I was very clear as to who should pay and NEVER in my entire life have said that anything is free.

I cursed Sanders for running around yelling "free education."

I can't stand that kind of stupidity.
It's as bad as people who don't read your posts because they are a zealot and jst post dogma. This is where you take a bow. .
Thanks from RNG
noonereal is online now  
Old July 14th, 2018, 05:08 AM   #192
end capitalism now
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
I agree w/ you besides the "corporations have been able to offload expenses, at least in part in this case, on the taxpayer." Part. The universities along w/ the rest of the education model is self fulfilling. It is a giant money pit that defines it's own need in society just as w/ every other government organization.

Remove all public funds from it and let it crumble.
So, you agree with having professional unions(which are closed shop unions btw), but not trade unions or service worker unions for the non-one percent of the working population!

Most of the debate on this board seems to be arguments between conservative and liberal factions of the same economic class!
right to left is offline  
Old July 14th, 2018, 05:14 AM   #193
end capitalism now
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
COLLEGE IS NOT FREE
It used to be...and probably was near free when you were young! And it probably in your state as well as most others in the state university systems that were set up and either had no tuition fees or low tuition until Gov Reagan in California got mad about college students protesting the Vietnam War! Learn

Quote:
Someone pays for it. the LWNC want it to be the TAXPAYER funding ALL of their education.
THUGH TAXPAYER! You mean it's one guy out there who pays all the taxes? Too bad it's not Jeff Bezos, or Zuckerberg or the some of the other dotcom manipulators and harvesters of personal information.
right to left is offline  
Old July 14th, 2018, 05:18 AM   #194
end capitalism now
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
So you are saying College professors will work for no pay?

The contractors building the dorms, classrooms and Libraies will build them free of charge?

Publishers will print and supply books for no charge?

Just because the STUDENT isn't paying for the College Courses...

does not mean it is free


IF THE NON WORKING CLASS INVESTOR PAYS FOR IT.. MEANS IT IS NOT FREE


Remember the First rule of Economics (no matter what Economic model you are living in this is the first Rule)

T. I. N. S. T. A. A. F. L. (pronounced Ten Stauf EL)

There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
How many colleges are paying the dean and university dept heads the highest salaries/while degree'd, tenured professors get no increases to go with their increased class sizes?

And then there's all the *meant to say "adjunct" (part time employee) professors who make subpar wages and no benefits/ but still have to perform the same functions as a full time professor.

*not to mention, how many times have I heard of the coaching staff of the goddammed football team being the highest paid staff at the university! And then they demand brand new stadiums and facilities to go with their job of exploiting unpaid college students who will get brain damage/not a worthwhile education for their efforts!
Thanks from FrostKing

Last edited by right to left; July 14th, 2018 at 09:41 AM.
right to left is offline  
Old July 14th, 2018, 05:36 AM   #195
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: La Pine, Oregon
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyzer View Post
Just like it is in most other developed countries. But then, those countries don't have the same problem with useless negroes and mexicans that we have. Despite that, I think it could still be done. After all, a high school education is free. All that needs to be done is extend that to higher education. If I thought there was a snowflakes chance in hell of my ever being to afford college, I would have done better in high school.
You start out your argument with a racist comment, and then expect to be taken seriously. And then you blame your lack of education on some asinine excuse forgetting that many have worked their way through college. Or you could have gone into the service. There were ways for you to obtain what you are whining about now, you just chose not to.

Now I will try to find a common sense argument in this thread simply because I agree with the proposition just as Jefferson did.
Old Trapper is online now  
Old July 14th, 2018, 05:40 AM   #196
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: La Pine, Oregon
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post

Remember the First rule of Economics (no matter what Economic model you are living in this is the first Rule)

T. I. N. S. T. A. A. F. L. (pronounced Ten Stauf EL)

There Is No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
Unless you are a member of the 1% to 10% class.
Thanks from right to left
Old Trapper is online now  
Old July 14th, 2018, 09:49 AM   #197
end capitalism now
 
right to left's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
Unless you are a member of the 1% to 10% class.
When you're rich enough to afford corporate and estate lawyers, tax specialists and lobbyists, then there's all kinds of free lunches available!
right to left is offline  
Old July 16th, 2018, 07:48 PM   #198
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Earth
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightOfSappho View Post
One of the biggest challenges that I see is the change that happened after WW2. At that time you could get a good job out of high school. Now, you have to have a college degree to get a good job.

If we make college free to all, the standard will probably move to a masters or PhD.
Really? http://https://i.ytimg.com/vi/TzDZ_57HHnY/hqdefault.jpg

Last edited by FrostKing; July 16th, 2018 at 07:52 PM. Reason: new link
FrostKing is offline  
Old July 17th, 2018, 05:09 AM   #199
Senior Member
 
noonereal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: NYC
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightOfSappho View Post

If we make college free to all, the standard will probably move to a masters or PhD.

This is just silly.

1 nothing is free
2 we have a need and will have a need for all different levels of education and vocational training
noonereal is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Education

Tags
education, free, higher


« Becoming human | - »

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Higher Education has become a Racket Sabcat Big Government 0 May 11th, 2017 07:44 AM
Higher Education Toefoot Education 1 December 20th, 2016 07:32 AM
Higher Education: Capitalism At Its Most Despicable LongWinded Current Events 88 October 30th, 2015 06:41 AM
Higher Education knot_e_lady Education 9 August 16th, 2007 12:50 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.