Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Education

Education Educational System Forum - For topics and discussions about the educational system


Thanks Tree66Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2017, 10:38 AM   #121
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 4,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Milo may not be a Nazi, but he is an advocate for pedophilia: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...poulos-resigns.

Don't support pedophilia.
I preface this with: I don't know much about Milo, but just because he talks a good conservative talk doesn't mean he is deserving of a pass based on his views or that he should be supported because of them. If he is indeed advocating pedophilia, then he is in serious need of psychiatric help!
Panther is offline  
Old November 22nd, 2017, 10:57 AM   #122
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
I preface this with: I don't know much about Milo, but just because he talks a good conservative talk doesn't mean he is deserving of a pass based on his views or that he should be supported because of them. If he is indeed advocating pedophilia, then he is in serious need of psychiatric help!
He does, as the link I provided showed.

But muh free speech!

Whether or not he's a Nazi is debatable too: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3544830

Quote:
Former Breitbart editor Milo Yiannopoulos coordinated some of his work with neo-Nazis that he publicly distanced himself from, according to a report.

British-born Yiannopoulos has said he is a “fellow traveler” of the alt-right — a group of far-right supporters who include white nationalists and neo-Nazis while shying away from backing its most extremist elements.

But emails revealed in a Buzzfeed report Thursday show that the 32-year-old reached out to and received input on his work from prominent hateful figures.

For an explanation on the “alt right” last year, Yiannopoulos is reported to have received help and editing from neo-Nazi website Daily Stormer’s Andrew Auernheimer, “feudalist” Curtis Yarvin and white nationalist Devin Saucier.

Other details in the Buzzfeed piece, which chronicles Yiannopoulos’s relationships to other Breibart figures such as former White House strategist Steve Bannon and the billionaire Mercer family, include that his passwords appear to be based off of the Nazi violence of Kristallnacht and the “Night of the Long Knives” purge.

A video published with the report shows him singing “America the Beautiful” at karaoke while some in a crowd that includes white supremacist Richard Spencer give Nazi salutes.

Last edited by Gordy; November 22nd, 2017 at 10:59 AM.
Gordy is offline  
Old November 22nd, 2017, 11:03 AM   #123
Senior Member
 
Neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Virginia
Posts: 400
Freedom of speech means the state is not permitted to arrest you, throw you in jail, impose a fine, blindfold you & put you before a firing squad, etc. for something you said or wrote. If the state didn't do any of those things, or if it's not the state doing those things, then it's not an infringement by the state, which is prohibited from violating your right to freedom of speech by the US Constitution.

If you say something and someone else disagrees with you, that's simply them exercising their freedom of speech. If it's a lot of people doing that, then it's a lot of people exercising their freedom of speech. If it's people rioting against someone else exercising their freedom of speech, then those people rioting are the ones doing something they have no right to do since people can peaceably assemble but not assemble to be violent. None of those cases are situations where the state is infringing on freedom of speech.
Neil is offline  
Old November 22nd, 2017, 12:00 PM   #124
Put some ice on that
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Milo may not be a Nazi, but he is an advocate for pedophilia: https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...poulos-resigns.

Don't support pedophilia.
That was all taken out of context. Watch the interview on joe rogan. I saw it way before any of that came up.

Again it is pedophilia only when it suits a naritive.


Silly.
Sabcat is offline  
Old November 22nd, 2017, 12:03 PM   #125
Put some ice on that
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
I preface this with: I don't know much about Milo, but just because he talks a good conservative talk doesn't mean he is deserving of a pass based on his views or that he should be supported because of them. If he is indeed advocating pedophilia, then he is in serious need of psychiatric help!
Here is a clip from the interview in question.


https://youtu.be/6vZsbpvhn5Q

It was a smear campaign
Sabcat is offline  
Old November 26th, 2017, 08:56 AM   #126
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
That was all taken out of context. Watch the interview on joe rogan. I saw it way before any of that came up.

Again it is pedophilia only when it suits a naritive.


Silly.
Saying that we should get rid of consent laws is literally advocating pedophilia.
Gordy is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Education

Tags
anymore, free, free speech, longer



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google "free" Internet service, driving up YOUR $cost of living? titan Current Events 6 November 3rd, 2017 04:16 AM
Does Right Wing "Free Speech" Include Chuckles Camelot Current Events 9 September 3rd, 2017 09:03 AM
More Evidence Of Wage Theft In A "Free Market" (snick) Camelot Current Events 4 April 30th, 2014 09:34 AM
Climatologists: "ice free summers in the arctic by 2013" Uncle Han Current Events 3 September 11th, 2013 09:56 AM
Secret "Free Trade" Negotiations Will Gut Regulations, Further Enrich Multinationals Mrs. CJ Parker Business & Industries 3 May 5th, 2013 11:44 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.