Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Education

Education Educational System Forum - For topics and discussions about the educational system


Thanks Tree70Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2018, 01:11 PM   #31
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,150
Average TEachers salary is ~48K/year

They work 180 7 hours / day of which1 hour for lunch plus 8 1/2 days of teacher training and prep each her

180*7 + 32 = 1292

48K/1292= 37.15/hour

Who here does not want a Job that pays 37.17/hour PLUS BENEFITS and a full pension

This the AVERAGE teacher. not the best paid teaches.
Thanks from roastpork and Sabcat
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old April 4th, 2018, 01:17 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Average TEachers salary is ~48K/year

They work 180 7 hours / day of which1 hour for lunch plus 8 1/2 days of teacher training and prep each her

180*7 + 32 = 1292

48K/1292= 37.15/hour

Who here does not want a Job that pays 37.17/hour PLUS BENEFITS and a full pension

This the AVERAGE teacher. not the best paid teaches.
So? You pay your plumber two or three times more to unstop your toilet.

And where did you get your figures? Owing to your record for inaccuracy, are you ever going to provide your sources? Do you think you're special and don't have to play by the rules everyone else uses?
Thanks from Clara007

Last edited by imaginethat; April 4th, 2018 at 01:19 PM.
imaginethat is offline  
Old April 4th, 2018, 01:20 PM   #33
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
So? You pay your plumber two or three times more to unstop your toilet.

And where did you get your figures? Owing to your record for inaccuracy, are you ever going to provide your sources? Do you think you're special and don't have to play by the rules everyone else uses?
Looks like we are having a day of “ouches”.........
Thanks from Clara007
Camelot is offline  
Old April 4th, 2018, 03:15 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Average TEachers salary is ~48K/year

They work 180 7 hours / day of which1 hour for lunch plus 8 1/2 days of teacher training and prep each her

180*7 + 32 = 1292

48K/1292= 37.15/hour

Who here does not want a Job that pays 37.17/hour PLUS BENEFITS and a full pension

This the AVERAGE teacher. not the best paid teaches.
Bullshit. I do not know a single teacher that does not take hours of work home with him/her every school night.
Thanks from KnightOfSappho and Clara007
Hollywood is online now  
Old April 4th, 2018, 03:59 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Bullshit. I do not know a single teacher that does not take hours of work home with him/her every school night.


Isn't it interesting the NUMBER of experts we have on DTT, particularly on public school, teachers, their hours, and their pay? I suppose this is because everyone who WENT TO public school thinks they know what's going on even though it's been decades since they stepped into a public school building. They probably NEVER IN THEIR LIVES attended a school board meeting or volunteered at a public school.

I left for school every morning at 6:30. Had about a 20 min drive. Stopped at the mailboxes, put my sack lunch in the frig and unlocked my classroom door at about 7 am. At that point, I got everything up and running, made copies of worksheets/tests and lesson plans--which had to be delivered to the principal and sometimes went to a before school meeting with parents and/or staff. Kids started coming through the doors at 8 am. School bell rang at 8:20. I had 30 min for lunch--a working lunch--and 40 minutes of prep time. School dismissed at 3:15. Staff meetings, tutoring and after-school detentions started at 3:30. I never in my life got home before 5:00 pm unless I was sick. (That's another story!) Had supper with the family and started grading papers while I was in my jammies. Rinse repeat. Every school day for 40 years.
Add to that all the evening activities: parent-teacher conferences, science fairs, fundraisers, band and choir concerts, sports events (YES we were encouraged to be there), school board meetings, etc.
In the summer I took graduate classes and technology training so I could go up on the salary scale. By August I was back in my classroom getting ready for the new school year.
Yes, we got a nice break at Christmas (Dec. 23-Jan. 3) and a week at Spring Break.
Now, anyone who wants to debate all the above is welcome to do so, but you'd better be a teacher, administrator or school board member. No one else has a clue.
Thanks from Hollywood
Clara007 is offline  
Old April 4th, 2018, 04:08 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Isn't it interesting the NUMBER of experts we have on DTT, particularly on public school, teachers, their hours, and their pay? I suppose this is because everyone who WENT TO public school thinks they know what's going on even though it's been decades since they stepped into a public school building. They probably NEVER IN THEIR LIVES attended a school board meeting or volunteered at a public school.

I left for school every morning at 6:30. Had about a 20 min drive. Stopped at the mailboxes, put my sack lunch in the frig and unlocked my classroom door at about 7 am. At that point, I got everything up and running, made copies of worksheets/tests and lesson plans--which had to be delivered to the principal and sometimes went to a before school meeting with parents and/or staff. Kids started coming through the doors at 8 am. School bell rang at 8:20. I had 30 min for lunch--a working lunch--and 40 minutes of prep time. School dismissed at 3:15. Staff meetings, tutoring and after-school detentions started at 3:30. I never in my life got home before 5:00 pm unless I was sick. (That's another story!) Had supper with the family and started grading papers while I was in my jammies. Rinse repeat. Every school day for 40 years.
Add to that all the evening activities: parent-teacher conferences, science fairs, fundraisers, band and choir concerts, sports events (YES we were encouraged to be there), school board meetings, etc.
In the summer I took graduate classes and technology training so I could go up on the salary scale. By August I was back in my classroom getting ready for the new school year.
Yes, we got a nice break at Christmas (Dec. 23-Jan. 3) and a week at Spring Break.
Now, anyone who wants to debate all the above is welcome to do so, but you'd better be a teacher, administrator or school board member. No one else has a clue.
Yep, if being an elementary school teacher was such a sweet deal;short hours, short work year, easy work, great pay and a good pension one would think RW would just be having machete fights trying to get accepted into teacher's colleges.
And yet, nary a RW conservative in public education.
Thanks from Clara007
Hollywood is online now  
Old April 4th, 2018, 04:09 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
xMathFanx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Isn't it interesting the NUMBER of experts we have on DTT, particularly on public school, teachers, their hours, and their pay? I suppose this is because everyone who WENT TO public school thinks they know what's going on even though it's been decades since they stepped into a public school building. They probably NEVER IN THEIR LIVES attended a school board meeting or volunteered at a public school.
@Clara

Care to try and support that claim? Note, it will be very challenging--considering it is false.
xMathFanx is offline  
Old April 4th, 2018, 04:10 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
xMathFanx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 955
@Hollywood

What is "RW"?
xMathFanx is offline  
Old April 4th, 2018, 04:13 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMathFanx View Post
@Hollywood

What is "RW"?
Right wing or right winger.
Thanks from xMathFanx
Hollywood is online now  
Old April 4th, 2018, 04:17 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
xMathFanx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Right wing or right winger.
@Hollywood

Okay--thanks for clarifying.
xMathFanx is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Education

Tags
change, salaries, teacher



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
US Congress Salaries and Benefits Clara007 Politicians 2 August 20th, 2017 08:54 AM
Need a job? U.S. Giving Syrian Fighters Millions of Dollars for Salaries pana8 Current Events 5 February 18th, 2014 07:45 AM
Charity Is Not A Substitute For Justice The Poor Need Higher Salaries Not Food Drives skews13 Current Events 136 December 12th, 2013 12:06 PM
RIAA Salaries Revealed! tadpole256 Business & Industries 2 October 18th, 2005 08:48 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.