Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Environment

Environment Environmental Politics Forum - Environmental issues, global warming, pollution, and proposals


Thanks Tree7Thanks
  • 2 Post By Clara007
  • 1 Post By Twisted Sister
  • 2 Post By imaginethat
  • 1 Post By Beasty
  • 1 Post By Generaloberst
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2016, 03:32 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 6,668
It's So Tempting!

Self-sufficient Scottish island for sale; comes with broadband and post office

The 760-acre getaway is complete with a stone schoolhouse and 9 traditional cottages all for $2.3 million (or in three cheaper lots).

Stop the presses! The best escape fantasy ever is on the market and could be yours for a mere $2.3 million, or about the cost of a Manhattan condo.

Tanera Mor is the main island of the Summer Isles, an idyllic archipelago a mile and a half off the northwest coast of Scotland near Ullapool. You want seven miles of rugged cliffs, sheltered coves and beaches? Make an offer! The island is 1.6 miles long and 1.2 miles wide, has spectacular views and sustains itself with generators and wind turbines for 24-hour electricity; plus, a freshwater treatment works.

Shall we pool our resources???

Self-sufficient Scottish island for sale; comes with broadband and post office : TreeHugger
Thanks from kbear and Twisted Sister
Clara007 is offline  
Old December 10th, 2016, 06:25 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,198
Island Wildlife
imaginethat is offline  
Old December 10th, 2016, 06:36 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Self-sufficient Scottish island for sale; comes with broadband and post office

The 760-acre getaway is complete with a stone schoolhouse and 9 traditional cottages all for $2.3 million (or in three cheaper lots).

Stop the presses! The best escape fantasy ever is on the market and could be yours for a mere $2.3 million, or about the cost of a Manhattan condo.

Tanera Mor is the main island of the Summer Isles, an idyllic archipelago a mile and a half off the northwest coast of Scotland near Ullapool. You want seven miles of rugged cliffs, sheltered coves and beaches? Make an offer! The island is 1.6 miles long and 1.2 miles wide, has spectacular views and sustains itself with generators and wind turbines for 24-hour electricity; plus, a freshwater treatment works.

Shall we pool our resources???

Self-sufficient Scottish island for sale; comes with broadband and post office : TreeHugger
Living on an isolated island is a dream that many have. I never sailed the North Atlantic but hear they have cold and blustery full gales in the far North Atlantic. More than a few rich celebrities bought small islands in the South Pacific and lived on it for a while and then sold it for a loss. Living in Arizona during winter and Colorado during summer sounds like a plan.
Thanks from Clara007
Twisted Sister is online now  
Old December 10th, 2016, 06:57 PM   #4
Banned
 
Beasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,646
I am but a poor boy with nothing to my name and no marketable skills. Begone with your daydreams, they serve not as enticements, but as a mockery of my unending torment.

Why must you hurt me so.
Beasty is offline  
Old December 10th, 2016, 07:33 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
I am but a poor boy with nothing to my name and no marketable skills. Begone with your daydreams, they serve not as enticements, but as a mockery of my unending torment.

Why must you hurt me so.
Nobody is trying to hurt you. Join the Navy and get high tech schools. When you get out you will have more than one marketable skill and can do anything you want to.
Twisted Sister is online now  
Old December 10th, 2016, 08:05 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
I am but a poor boy with nothing to my name and no marketable skills. Begone with your daydreams, they serve not as enticements, but as a mockery of my unending torment.

Why must you hurt me so.
I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me.
He's just a poor boy from a poor family,
Spare him his life from this monstrosity.

Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?
Bismillah! No, we will not let you go. (Let him go!)
Bismillah! We will not let you go. (Let him go!)
Bismillah! We will not let you go. (Let me go!)
Will not let you go. (Let me go!)
Never, never let you go
Never let me go, oh.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Oh, mama mia, mama mia (Mama mia, let me go.)
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me.

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye?
So you think you can love me and leave me to die?
Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby,
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here.

(Oh, yeah, oh yeah)

Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters,
Nothing really matters to me.

Any way the wind blows.

Join the Navy.
imaginethat is offline  
Old December 10th, 2016, 08:23 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me.
He's just a poor boy from a poor family,
Spare him his life from this monstrosity.

Easy come, easy go, will you let me go?
Bismillah! No, we will not let you go. (Let him go!)
Bismillah! We will not let you go. (Let him go!)
Bismillah! We will not let you go. (Let me go!)
Will not let you go. (Let me go!)
Never, never let you go
Never let me go, oh.
No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Oh, mama mia, mama mia (Mama mia, let me go.)
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me, for me, for me.

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye?
So you think you can love me and leave me to die?
Oh, baby, can't do this to me, baby,
Just gotta get out, just gotta get right outta here.

(Oh, yeah, oh yeah)

Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters,
Nothing really matters to me.

Any way the wind blows.

Join the Navy.
Who is the author? I hope you don't say anon.
Twisted Sister is online now  
Old December 10th, 2016, 10:08 PM   #8
Banned
 
Beasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
Who is the author? I hope you don't say anon.
It's Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.
Thanks from Twisted Sister
Beasty is offline  
Old December 10th, 2016, 10:39 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
It's Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.
I am listening to Cream as I write, Sunshine Of Your Love.
Twisted Sister is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Environment

Tags
tempting



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scott Walker: Abolishing Federal Income Tax 'Sounds Pretty Tempting' LongWinded Current Events 44 March 17th, 2015 06:20 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.