Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Environment

Environment Environmental Politics Forum - Environmental issues, global warming, pollution, and proposals


Thanks Tree49Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2017, 12:50 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashtag View Post
Try and get government funding that is designed to dispute big government AGW. And AGW is big government at work. And is a total fraud.

Funny, if it were not for private funding there would basically be a closed shop at work. And any monies spent by private organizations pales in comparison to the funding shoveled out by governments around the world to prove what they want proven. Equally funny is Big Oil spends far more promoting green than they ever spent on science that disputes the big government AGW meme.
Try to get some funding to dispute the laws of gravity, or to prove the earth is flat.

A spherical earth, after all, is another example of Big Government at work

All that aside, you've made a number of claims with no sources to substantiate them, nor any definitions for the terms used such as what is the "green" promoted by Big Oil?
imaginethat is online now  
Old September 10th, 2017, 12:53 PM   #62
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Try to get some funding to dispute the laws of gravity, or to prove the earth is flat.

A spherical earth, after all, is another example of Big Government at work

All that aside, you've made a number of claims with no sources to substantiate them, nor any definitions for the terms used such as what is the "green" promoted by Big Oil?
Why I can get funding for selling you man made Climate Change. Much easier.... why is it warming occurs in regular intervals.. and this warming cycle is right on time, and is the coolest warming period in 400,000 years (there have been 5 in the last 400,000 years this is the 5th and the coolest of the 5).
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old September 10th, 2017, 01:01 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Why I can get funding for selling you man made Climate Change. Much easier.... why is it warming occurs in regular intervals.. and this warming cycle is right on time, and is the coolest warming period in 400,000 years (there have been 5 in the last 400,000 years this is the 5th and the coolest of the 5).
Please don't start in with that again. Both of us have better ways to spend our time.

No one is talking an either/or scenario, no one who approaches science honestly. Many factors influence the climate. Presently, rapidly increasing anthropogenic CO2 is the main influence.

An atmosphere with more CO2 will be physically able to hold more heat energy. That's physics.

However, your side does present an either/or argument, every single time. Simplified your argument goes: Since (fill in the blank) affected the climate in the past without human-generated CO2, then how could increasing levels of CO2 affect the climate now?
imaginethat is online now  
Old September 10th, 2017, 01:02 PM   #64
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Please don't start in with that again. Both of us have better ways to spend our time.

No one is talking an either/or scenario, no one who approaches science honestly. Many factors influence the climate. Presently, rapidly increasing anthropogenic CO2 is the main influence.

An atmosphere with more CO2 will be physically able to hold more heat energy. That's physics.

However, your side does present an either/or argument, every single time. Simplified your argument goes: Since (fill in the blank) affected the climate in the past without human-generated CO2, then how could increasing levels of CO2 affect the climate now?
I know because this IS the coolest major warming period on 400,000 years.

Something NEITHER of us can change.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old September 10th, 2017, 01:09 PM   #65
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 26,811
You all should realize that even if it could be shown that AGW isn't happening, the studies would need to continue to try and predict the effect of the GW part.

And if it could be shown that all the thermometers in the world are wrong, then the studies would need to continue to study rain, drought, sea pH, ocean circulation, atmospheric circulation and so on. In fact it would be the denier sites (note I don't say studies) that would lose their funding.

So that's a bullshit argument too.
RNG is offline  
Old September 10th, 2017, 01:13 PM   #66
Banned
 
Hashtag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Upside Down
Posts: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Try to get some funding to dispute the laws of gravity, or to prove the earth is flat.

A spherical earth, after all, is another example of Big Government at work

All that aside, you've made a number of claims with no sources to substantiate them, nor any definitions for the terms used such as what is the "green" promoted by Big Oil?

LOL

Such silliness. We could use our version of Ahgoo Boogerhoff,.

AGW is a scam. A big government scam, a power grab.

The Bible described the Earth as a sphere, it has zero to do with government. And would not in any event be a power grab as the AGW lie is.

Big Oil has spent billions in advertising green. Billions more paying off greenies over the years. What gets spent on any scientists who disprove the AGW lie is a pittance compared to all the billions shoveled to the AGW backing scientists.

The left, politicizing every hurricane, rainfall, etc.
Thanks from webguy4 and TNVolunteer73
Hashtag is offline  
Old September 10th, 2017, 01:36 PM   #67
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,842
we have been in a Hurricane drought since 1970

the 2 years of high hurricane activity were year of MAJOR solar activity 2005-6 and 2017
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old September 10th, 2017, 01:59 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnvolunteer73 View Post
i know because this is the coolest major warming period on 400,000 years.

Something neither of us can change.
where were those weather stations located 400,000 years ago??

Show me the satellite data from 400,000 years ago, please.
Thanks from Camelot
imaginethat is online now  
Old September 10th, 2017, 02:43 PM   #69
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 26,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
where were those weather stations located 400,000 years ago??

Show me the satellite data from 400,000 years ago, please.
Have you noticed how deniers consistently claim that data from 100 years ago when we had good thermometers is incorrect, but will believe to multiple decimal places results of an temperature estimation technique derived from tertiary surrogates from 400,000 years ago?

smh.
Thanks from imaginethat
RNG is offline  
Old September 10th, 2017, 03:01 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
I know because this IS the coolest major warming period on 400,000 years.

Something NEITHER of us can change.
So what's your point?

PRESENTLY, of all factors that can influence the climate, atmospheric CO2 levels are changing rapidly.



That's an old chart. Picking up where it ended:

imaginethat is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Environment

Tags
change, climate, government, report



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any Way You Look at It, This Government Report on Climate Change Is Really Bad News imaginethat Environment 18 July 23rd, 2015 06:52 AM
Republicans React to Climate Change Report With Denial and Hatred klaatu Current Events 9 August 9th, 2014 07:35 PM
White House Report: The Cost of Delaying Action to Stem Climate Change The White House The White House 0 July 29th, 2014 07:01 AM
White House Release Report on the Health Impacts of Climate Change on Americans The White House The White House 0 June 6th, 2014 12:00 PM
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's report tyreay Environment 1 February 6th, 2007 01:41 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.