Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Environment

Environment Environmental Politics Forum - Environmental issues, global warming, pollution, and proposals


Thanks Tree57Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2017, 08:56 AM   #91
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,023
https://youtu.be/xkway-vtOd0
webguy4 is online now  
Old September 14th, 2017, 09:45 AM   #92
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: California
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
Do you actually think that because you have learned to enlarge your font it will make your "message" any more effective?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Do you actually have anything to comment on concerning the contents of the post, or just the size of the font used?
'Font obsession' is a common fall-back position for the science and reality deniers when they have no real response or rebuttal to the real-world scientific evidence being presented that debunks their rightwingnut denier cult delusions and crackpot dogmas. This tactic allows them to ignore the content of a post supposedly because the material is formatted like an article in a newspaper, with a larger headline. In reality, they just don't like hard evidence, science and facts to intrude on their delusional, fantasy-land, anti-science world view and deranged and very retarded arguments.
Thanks from Hollywood
Ahgho Boogheroff is online now  
Old September 14th, 2017, 09:54 AM   #93
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: California
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Hey, nice picture of you and your denier cult supervisor having a special moment. Hope you got your gold star on the wall chart for your efforts to spread your cultic dogmas and please your puppet-masters.

Why did you abandon your original avatar and self-portrait though???
Ahgho Boogheroff is online now  
Old September 14th, 2017, 10:19 AM   #94
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: California
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
Oh yeah, some demented twaddle from conspiracy-theory-wacko Alex Jones is really going to impress everyone, all right. LOLOLOLOL.

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones loses child custody battle
RawStory
Right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones lost his court battle against his former wife. After a 10-day trial in Texas, it was decided that he would not get custody of his three children. “Mr. Jones is like a cult leader,” Ms. Jones’ attorney Robert Hoffman told the jury. “And we’ve seen the horrific damage cult leaders do to their followers.” Mr. Jones’ attorney argued that the “character” of Alex Jones he plays on InfoWars is nothing more than a “performance artist” and an act. A psychologist also formally diagnosed Mr. Jones with a Narcissistic Personality Disorder. The jury obviously agreed with the former Mrs. Jones.
Ahgho Boogheroff is online now  
Old September 17th, 2017, 12:11 PM   #95
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: California
Posts: 395
Also in support of the OP and science.....

Asian typhoons becoming more intense, study finds
Giant storms that wreak havoc across China, Japan, Korea and the Philippines have grown 50% stronger in the past 40 years due to warming seas

The Guardian
5 September 2016
(excerpts)
The destructive power of the typhoons that wreak havoc across China, Japan, Korea and the Philippines has intensified by 50% in the past 40 years due to warming seas, a new study has found.

The researchers warn that global warming will lead the giant storms to become even stronger in the future, threatening the large and growing coastal populations of those nations.

It is a very, very substantial increase,” said Prof Wei Mei, at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, who led the new work. “We believe the results are very important for east Asian countries because of the huge populations in these areas. People should be aware of the increase in typhoon intensity because when they make landfall these can cause much more damage.

Typhoons can have devastating impacts in east Asia. In 2013, typhoon Haiyan hit the Philippines, killing at least 6,300 people and affecting 11 million. Typhoon Nina struck China in 1975, dumping 100cm of rain in a day and leading to 229,000 deaths and 6m destroyed buildings. Last week typhoon Lionrock left 11 people dead in northern Japan and caused power blackouts and property damage, while in July typhoon Nepartak hit Taiwan and China, killing at least nine people and leaving a trail of destruction.

In the new research, published in Nature Geoscience, the scientists took data collected independently by centres in Japan and Hawaii and, after accounting for differences in the way it had been collected, showed that typhoons in the north-west Pacific had intensified by 12–15% on average since 1977. The proportion of the most violent storms - categories 4 and 5 - doubled and even tripled in some regions over that time and the intensification was most marked for those storms which hit land.

The intensity of a typhoon is measured by the maximum sustained wind speed, but the damage caused by its high winds, storm surges, intense rains and floods increases disproportionately, meaning a 15% rise in intensity leads to a 50% rise in destructive power.

The researchers showed that the intensification of typhoons making landfall occurred because warmer coastal seas provided more energy to growing storms, enabling their wind speeds to increase more rapidly.
Ahgho Boogheroff is online now  
Old September 17th, 2017, 12:55 PM   #96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: California
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Wow, I suggest someone gets some strange during a nice island vacation and I get a time out but flicking people off is acceptable?
When confronted by hard evidence that debunks their cultic dogmas, the second most popular tactic of the demented denier cultists, right behind simple dumbshit denial of reality, is to try to drag the thread off-topic with some personal idiocy like that.

Last edited by Ahgho Boogheroff; September 17th, 2017 at 12:57 PM.
Ahgho Boogheroff is online now  
Old September 17th, 2017, 01:03 PM   #97
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 6,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahgho Boogheroff View Post
When confronted by hard evidence that debunks their cultic dogmas, the second most popular tactic of the demented denier cultists, right behind simple dumbshit denial of reality, is to try to drag the thread off-topic with some personal idiocy like that.
You still have not explained to me...<now read slowly>...Who is DENYING there is global warming....oh Strawman....??
Thanks from justoneman
Jimgorn is offline  
Old September 17th, 2017, 02:36 PM   #98
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
You still have not explained to me...<now read slowly>...Who is DENYING there is global warming....oh Strawman....??
OK the planet is warming.

Why is it warming Jim? It's not the sun getting warmer, so what is responsible?
imaginethat is offline  
Old September 17th, 2017, 02:39 PM   #99
Senior Member
 
justoneman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: chicago
Posts: 3,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
OK the planet is warming.

Why is it warming Jim? It's not the sun getting warmer, so what is responsible?
The same reason it has warmed and cooled over millions and millions of years. Its called nature.
Thanks from Jimgorn
justoneman is offline  
Old September 17th, 2017, 02:44 PM   #100
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: California
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
You still have not explained to me...<now read slowly>...Who is DENYING there is global warming....oh Strawman....??
When everybody these days talks about 'global warming', they are referring to anthropogenic, or human caused, global warming. Too bad you're too gnorant, confused and brainwashed by your little cult of reality denial to understand that.

As far as who is denying global warming, it is definitely the stooges and dupes of the fossil fuel industry. Like you!

Some other fool also recently tried to deny that Republicans (and all of the other rightwing & alt-right wackos) were denying human caused global warming and its consequent climate changes. Here's what I said to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahgho Boogheroff View Post
In the real world....

Jim Inhofe’s snowball has disproven climate change once and for all
The Washington Post
Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) has, once and for all, disproven climate change. While "eggheads" at "science laboratories" were busy worrying about how the increase in heat-trapping gases in the atmosphere was leading to a long-term upward shift in temperatures and increased atmospheric moisture, Inhofe happened to notice that it was cold outside. Weirdly cold outside. So cold, in fact, that water falling from the sky had frozen solid. So he brought some of this frozen water into the Capitol and onto the Senate floor to show everyone, but mostly to show the eggheads. Now, those who are skeptical of global warming denial might argue that Inhofe, the author of a book about global warming called "The Greatest Hoax", is using one bit of weather-related data to try to disprove a well-established, very long-term trend. They might note that temperatures in February are supposed to be cold in the Northern Hemisphere since it is a season called "winter." They might point out that at the same time D.C. was very cold, the West Coast was very warm, which is less expected during "winter." And they might note that the government did indeed declare 2014 to be the warmest year on record (until it was superseded by first 2015 and then 2016), a detail that is not disproven by a snowball in the year 2015.

How G.O.P. Leaders Came to View Climate Change as Fake Science - The New York Times
The New York Times
Jun 3, 2017
WASHINGTON — The campaign ad appeared during the presidential contest of 2008. Rapid-fire images of belching smokestacks and melting ice sheets were followed by a soothing narrator who praised a candidate who had stood up to President George W. Bush and “sounded the alarm on global warming.” It was not made for a Democrat, but for Senator John McCain, who had just secured the Republican nomination. It is difficult to reconcile the Republican Party of 2008 with the party of 2017, whose leader, President Trump, has called global warming a hoax, reversed environmental policies that Mr. McCain advocated on his run for the White House, and this past week announced that he would take the nation out of the Paris climate accord, which was to bind the globe in an effort to halt the planet’s warming. The Republican Party’s fast journey from debating how to combat human-caused climate change to arguing that it does not exist is a story of big political money, and a partisan chasm that grew over nine years like a crack in the Antarctic shelf, favoring extreme positions and uncompromising rhetoric over cooperation and conciliation. Since Mr. McCain ran for president on climate credentials that were supposedly stronger than his opponent Barack Obama’s, the scientific evidence linking greenhouse gases from fossil fuels to the dangerous warming of the planet has grown stronger. Scientists have for the first time drawn concrete links between the planet’s warming atmosphere and changes that affect Americans’ daily lives and pocketbooks, from tidal flooding in Miami to prolonged water shortages in the Southwest to decreasing snow cover at ski resorts. That scientific consensus was enough to pull virtually all of the major nations along. Conservative-leaning governments in Britain, France, Germany and Japan all signed on to successive climate change agreements. Yet when Mr. Trump pulled the United States from the Paris accord, the Senate majority leader, the speaker of the House and every member of the elected Republican leadership were united in their praise. Those divisions did not happen by themselves. Republican lawmakers were moved along by a campaign carefully crafted by fossil fuel industry players, most notably Charles D. and David H. Koch, the Kansas-based billionaires who run a chain of refineries (which can process 600,000 barrels of crude oil per day) as well as a subsidiary that owns or operates 4,000 miles of pipelines that move crude oil. Republican leadership has also been dominated by lawmakers whose constituents were genuinely threatened by policies that would raise the cost of burning fossil fuels, especially coal. Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, always sensitive to the coal fields in his state, rose through the ranks to become majority leader. Senator John Barrasso of Wyoming also climbed into leadership, then the chairmanship of the Committee on Environment and Public Works, as a champion of his coal state. Mr. Trump has staffed his White House and cabinet with officials who have denied, or at least questioned, the existence of global warming. Beyond the White House, Representative Lamar Smith of Texas, chairman of the House Science Committee, held a hearing this spring aimed at debunking climate science, calling the global scientific consensus “exaggerations, personal agendas and questionable predictions.

Oooo boy, them old Republicans sure ain't denying global warming and climate change, now ain't they, little dude? LOLOLOLOLOL. You are so wacked!

You are stooging for evil greedy people.
Ahgho Boogheroff is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Environment

Tags
nasa, storms, stronger



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Sham Of Austerity And The Storms To Come skews13 Americas 6 April 11th, 2016 08:27 AM
Saturn's Storms. roastpork Science and Technology 1 April 15th, 2015 06:50 PM
Ted Cruz, Longtime Foe Of NASA And Science, Will Oversee NASA And Science In New Cong LongWinded Current Events 7 January 13th, 2015 12:12 PM
Nearly 100 Dead After Mexico Storms intangible child Current Events 0 September 20th, 2013 12:47 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.