|September 19th, 2010, 12:44 PM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Fort Lee NJ
Something is happening in Moscow ?
PASTING FROM A RUSSIAN WEBSITE.
1. Luzkov is ALREADY on the way out.
2. He caved to the world according to Putin in 2008 and since been a
3. He has been a genuine asset to United Russia.
4. He has recast Moscow as mayor in a major way - in the process
making it incredibly expensive.
5. Officially DAM fire him in a nano second.
6. It is hard to believe that the tandem just woke up to the fact of
high level corruption in Moscow.
7. I don't see Luzkov "critical" in the politics of the tandem.
So why all of this? To me it is simple: Luzkov is on the way out,
Moscovites are still angry about the fires-smog-smoke episode of
August (I sure am!). Luzkov let the city down in a huge PR gaffe. So
what does the political elite do when its spots a wounded politician
leaving power, a politician who became amazing rich while in power,
and the issue of corruption can and will be used in the upcoming
election cycle? Luzkov is a gift for anyone wanting to cash in on
populism and the electorate. I don't see any of this as personal.
Luzkov will leave soon (or very soon) and his successor will be
appointed and approved by the tandem.
| || |
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|What is Happening in Spain is Right Around the Corner in America-Beware||Radicalcentrist||Current Events||69||October 14th, 2012 04:15 AM|
|Happening Now: National Prayer Breakfast||npr||Current Events||1||February 3rd, 2011 04:40 AM|
|Moscow To Fine Unlicensed Missionaries||intangible child||Religion||5||December 8th, 2009 09:18 PM|
|Medvedev: Moscow ready for better U.S. relations||CNN||Current Events||4||July 2nd, 2009 04:09 PM|
|Well, It's Finally Happening ....||tristanrobin||Gay and Lesbian Rights||35||December 25th, 2008 03:17 PM|