Political Forums
Forum Notice

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Freedom of Speech

Freedom of Speech Freedom of Speech and Expression Forum - Your political right to sing your opinion


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 19th, 2010, 02:34 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Renaldo Dubois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Up in the hills.
Posts: 136
I read this book a few months ago. For anyone who claims to love freedom, I suggest this book. I't a classic.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/...nd_tyrann.html
Renaldo Dubois is offline  
Remove Ads
Old December 19th, 2010, 02:42 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Zack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaldo Dubois View Post
I read this book a few months ago. For anyone who claims to love freedom, I suggest this book. I't a classic.

My link
Renaldo your link didn't work, maybe you need to try another way to link it?
Zack is offline  
Old December 19th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Renaldo Dubois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Up in the hills.
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
Renaldo your link didn't work, maybe you need to try another way to link it?




Try it now.
Renaldo Dubois is offline  
Old December 19th, 2010, 03:45 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Zack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaldo Dubois View Post
Try it now.
You did good! Guess I should go buy this book, I've been seeing him on different shows promoting it. He nailed the modern liberal definition.
Zack is offline  
Old December 19th, 2010, 05:02 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Renaldo Dubois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Up in the hills.
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
You did good! Guess I should go buy this book, I've been seeing him on different shows promoting it. He nailed the modern liberal definition.




He has a radio show. He is a constitutional lawyer and used to work for Reagan. He's very sharp.
Renaldo Dubois is offline  
Old December 19th, 2010, 11:16 PM   #6
An Awesome Dude
 
Dude111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location:
Posts: 3,253
A very good book indeed!
Dude111 is offline  
Old December 20th, 2010, 06:44 AM   #7
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 39,427
What's funny about Levin is that he battles straw men and not real political opponents. One cannot effectively battle against a position if one does not actually understand that position. And Levin by labeling everything that isn't what he thinks is correct, as the dangerous and subversive Statist, is just not really accurate. It is rather paranoid and unrealistic as a matter of fact.
waitingtables is offline  
Old December 20th, 2010, 08:04 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Zack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
What's funny about Levin is that he battles straw men and not real political opponents. One cannot effectively battle against a position if one does not actually understand that position. And Levin by labeling everything that isn't what he thinks is correct, as the dangerous and subversive Statist, is just not really accurate. It is rather paranoid and unrealistic as a matter of fact.
Such statements should be ample justification for banning or labeling too biased to view an alter reality not held by you?
Zack is offline  
Old December 20th, 2010, 08:08 AM   #9
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 39,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
Such statements should be ample justification for banning or labeling too biased to view an alter reality not held by you?


It isn't opposing opinions that lead to being banned. It is the attacks and name calling that does it zack. I have given a valid opinion of Mark Levin's claims. It you want to make something of it, then rebut the point. Otherwise, it is clear that you are simply taking your temper tantrum through all the threads here.
waitingtables is offline  
Old December 20th, 2010, 08:18 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Zack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
What's funny about Levin is that he battles straw men and not real political opponents. One cannot effectively battle against a position if one does not actually understand that position. And Levin by labeling everything that isn't what he thinks is correct, as the dangerous and subversive Statist, is just not really accurate. It is rather paranoid and unrealistic as a matter of fact.
To address the specifics that he doesn't address real political opponents is building a straw man. Considering conservatism and liberalism lies in both political parties he addresses the spirit of the agenda of liberals regardless which party they affiliate themselves with.



Here's the line of thought: http://www.defendingthetruth.com/top...60#entry309608
Zack is offline  
Old December 20th, 2010, 08:51 PM   #11
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 39,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
To address the specifics that he doesn't address real political opponents is building a straw man. Considering conservatism and liberalism lies in both political parties he addresses the spirit of the agenda of liberals regardless which party they affiliate themselves with.



Here's the line of thought: http://www.defending...160#entry309608


No he doesn't. I don't know one liberal who feels the way the he describes the "Statists". It's a crock of bull. For real.
waitingtables is offline  
Old December 21st, 2010, 03:24 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Zack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 6,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
No he doesn't. I don't know one liberal who feels the way the he describes the "Statists". It's a crock of bull. For real.
Obamacare is a great example of the description given liberals...any number of agencies under liberal control see their authority as being managers of the flock rather than serving the flock...they always conclude they are smarter than the people.
Zack is offline  
Old December 21st, 2010, 10:26 AM   #13
Bye, Ya better behave.
 
Fayt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Not in MD
Posts: 13,842
LOL I only listen to Mark Levin for entertainment purposes not to take his words a truth. People who get their information form people like Levin will never stand a chance in a real debate. Take it form someone who knows, you're not being informed.
Fayt is offline  
Old December 21st, 2010, 05:08 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Renaldo Dubois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Up in the hills.
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
What's funny about Levin is that he battles straw men and not real political opponents. One cannot effectively battle against a position if one does not actually understand that position. And Levin by labeling everything that isn't what he thinks is correct, as the dangerous and subversive Statist, is just not really accurate. It is rather paranoid and unrealistic as a matter of fact.




He battles leftist anti-American political philosophy. Can you give us an example of Levin's "straw man"?
Renaldo Dubois is offline  
Old December 21st, 2010, 05:10 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Renaldo Dubois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Up in the hills.
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
No he doesn't. I don't know one liberal who feels the way the he describes the "Statists". It's a crock of bull. For real.




Liberals are "statists". No doubt about it. Liberals want a powerful Federal government to run everything.
Renaldo Dubois is offline  
Old December 21st, 2010, 05:11 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Renaldo Dubois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Up in the hills.
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayt View Post
LOL I only listen to Mark Levin for entertainment purposes not to take his words a truth. People who get their information form people like Levin will never stand a chance in a real debate. Take it form someone who knows, you're not being informed.




I'll take you on. Go for it.
Renaldo Dubois is offline  
Old December 21st, 2010, 07:01 PM   #17
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 39,427
Actually no, liberals are NOT statists. His premise is incorrect right off the bat. He is arguing based on that premise, and he is far off from the actual facts.
waitingtables is offline  
Old December 22nd, 2010, 06:53 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Renaldo Dubois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Up in the hills.
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
Actually no, liberals are NOT statists. His premise is incorrect right off the bat. He is arguing based on that premise, and he is far off from the actual facts.




Liberals believe government is the answer. That is a "statist".
Renaldo Dubois is offline  
Old December 22nd, 2010, 08:19 AM   #19
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 39,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaldo Dubois View Post
Liberals believe government is the answer. That is a "statist".


That's just not accurate, and it certainly isn't the definition of what it means to be a democrat, a liberal or even a progressive liberal. It is not correct to label all liberals as statists, the actual percentage of people that could be labeled that is very small and not the average liberal by any stretch of the imagination.
waitingtables is offline  
Old December 22nd, 2010, 09:57 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Renaldo Dubois's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Up in the hills.
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
That's just not accurate, and it certainly isn't the definition of what it means to be a democrat, a liberal or even a progressive liberal. It is not correct to label all liberals as statists, the actual percentage of people that could be labeled that is very small and not the average liberal by any stretch of the imagination.




Are you for government run health care for everyone? Then you are a "statist". Sorry.
Renaldo Dubois is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Freedom of Speech

Tags
liberty, tyranny


Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NYC shootings and Liberty imaginethat Gun Control 3 August 26th, 2012 06:03 PM
The Food Tyranny Act has been passed by the Senate! rumpelstiltskin Healthcare 9 December 9th, 2010 02:55 PM
Liberty and Same-Sex Marriage tadpole256 Gay and Lesbian Rights 85 August 4th, 2010 10:09 AM
Forcing Reform is Tyranny (Isn't this why we revolted from the British Crown?) borden123 Healthcare 52 March 3rd, 2010 09:47 AM
A world without tyranny. Harry dison Political Talk 1 May 26th, 2008 05:18 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.