Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Freedom of Speech

Freedom of Speech Freedom of Speech and Expression Forum - Your political right to sing your opinion


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2007, 05:45 PM   #1
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8
Sorry, I believe in free speech

This forum closes threads when people express free speech. Sorry, I'm not interested in communism, people. When I joined, I thought this forum was about free speech, but it's not. I'll stick with CRUCIAL CENTRAL - Home and enjoy free speech with no closed threads. I'm very disappointed, I wanted to debate and I was censored.
mongome is offline  
Old June 5th, 2007, 05:49 PM   #2
Hio
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,763
There is a fine line between debating and insulting/flaming. I dont know what you or your thread was about but it must of been locked for a good reason. Yes we are open to free speech like any other debate but you can also keep a debate civilized.
Hio is offline  
Old June 5th, 2007, 06:42 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
AlicornsPrayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Southern Illinois-Home of Popey
Posts: 4,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hio
There is a fine line between debating and insulting/flaming. I dont know what you or your thread was about but it must of been locked for a good reason. Yes we are open to free speech like any other debate but you can also keep a debate civilized.


Seems to me, he only posts to spam the site with his site url...That may be why they're locking the threads.



If all he can do is post complaints to advertise his site, then I'll say he won't be missed by many here.
AlicornsPrayer is offline  
Old June 5th, 2007, 06:58 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
jaaaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Posts: 1,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongome
I'll stick with CRUCIAL CENTRAL - Home and enjoy free speech with no closed threads..
Stick it in your ear, spammer.
jaaaman is offline  
Old June 5th, 2007, 07:24 PM   #5
Member
 
Ave Gloria Dei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hio
There is a fine line between debating and insulting/flaming. I dont know what you or your thread was about but it must of been locked for a good reason. Yes we are open to free speech like any other debate but you can also keep a debate civilized.


::applause:: I don't know the whole situation here, but a lack of your attitude is what is horribly wrong with the place I just left. You have my full support. Free speech is only free so long as it does not restrict and prevent free, open, intelligent discourse. If you don't keep that from happening, you're employing a self-defeating value.
Ave Gloria Dei is offline  
Old June 5th, 2007, 08:23 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
intangible child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 12,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongome
This forum closes threads when people express free speech. Sorry, I'm not interested in communism, people. When I joined, I thought this forum was about free speech, but it's not. I'll stick with CRUCIAL CENTRAL - Home and enjoy free speech with no closed threads. I'm very disappointed, I wanted to debate and I was censored.


Seeya A.... or J........
intangible child is offline  
Old June 6th, 2007, 03:31 AM   #7
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongome
This forum closes threads when people express free speech. Sorry, I'm not interested in communism, people. When I joined, I thought this forum was about free speech, but it's not. I'll stick with CRUCIAL CENTRAL - Home and enjoy free speech with no closed threads. I'm very disappointed, I wanted to debate and I was censored.
YOU ARE 100% CORRECT. I FIND MOST OF THESE POLITICAL FORUMS TO JUST BE FASCIST RECRUITING TOOLS. ONCE YOU EXPOSE THEIR FASCIST IDEALS YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY OUT.
billybobama is offline  
Old June 6th, 2007, 03:33 AM   #8
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlicornsPrayer
Seems to me, he only posts to spam the site with his site url...That may be why they're locking the threads.



If all he can do is post complaints to advertise his site, then I'll say he won't be missed by many here.
THERE IS MORE SPAM IN THIS FORUM THAN MOST.
billybobama is offline  
Old June 6th, 2007, 04:23 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Antithesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobama
YOU ARE 100% CORRECT. I FIND MOST OF THESE POLITICAL FORUMS TO JUST BE FASCIST RECRUITING TOOLS. ONCE YOU EXPOSE THEIR FASCIST IDEALS YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY OUT.
Exhibit A: Billybobama.



For FSM's sake, we had two white supremacists who we never banned. Eventually they just left. That's not censorship. And do you know how many times you have to complain to permanently ban somebody? It takes a LOT, from the cases I've seen.



Go to Conservapedia if you wanna see censorship. Two minutes after I was registered my IP address was blocked for being a "troll." It was because my name on the site was "EvilAtheist," but I had not even had a chance to post!!! And I was posting legitimate things.



Or you can go to Myspace, where the debate forums are some of the most poorly regulated and heated on the net. Screaming matches are common, and anything is fair game. I was actually purged from a group when they decided to go private and become conservative only. Their justification was that they were a "Republican think tank," which made me laugh. Then they challenged me to call them a fascist. They actually TAUNTED me after they banned me.
Antithesis is offline  
Old June 6th, 2007, 01:01 PM   #10
Retired
 
hevusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,705
The owner and moderators of this forum want to keep the quality of the debate as high as possible. When things go to an extreme of any kind (heated, insult flinging, length) it is often necessary to close a thread.



It keeps the forums at a quality level that attracts new users! And that is the goal of this site after all; getting all those opinions out there.



We will never deny your right to free speech and you are free to say whatever you like as long as you don't insult another member and follow our short list of rules.
hevusa is offline  
Closed Thread

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Freedom of Speech

Tags
free, speech



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LOL at the defenders of free speech here leighredf Freedom of Speech 70 October 9th, 2010 03:16 AM
Free Speech is Sacred tadpole256 Freedom of Speech 1 June 16th, 2009 05:00 PM
Columbia University - Selective Free Speech RidinHighSpeeds Freedom of Speech 112 August 1st, 2008 02:29 PM
Free Speech Case at Supreme Court baloney_detector Freedom of Speech 7 May 21st, 2007 06:54 AM
Free Speech & Censorship on the internet... tadpole256 Political Talk 6 October 6th, 2005 07:47 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.