Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Gay and Lesbian Rights

Gay and Lesbian Rights Gay and Lesbian Political Rights Forum - For topics and discussions about LGBT


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2010, 05:51 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 22,479
STD Statistics Update ...

Los Angeles Middle-aged swingers are more at risk for contracting sexually transmitted infections than other groups, like people in their 20s or gay men.

A study from the Netherlands found that heterosexual swinging couples over the age of 45 were most likely to be infected, and may be a potential "STI transmission bridge to the entire population," Nicole Dukers-Muijrers, who led the study from a Dutch health clinic, said in The Australian.



Fifty-five percent of 9,000 patients who sought treatment for STIs among three Dutch clinics between 2007-2008 fell into this pool. Gay men made up 31% of STI carriers.



The full results from the study are published in the June issue of the journal Sexually Transmitted Infections.





Straight Swingers Most Vulnerable to STIs - Yahoo! News
tristanrobin is offline  
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:13 AM   #2
Nomad
 
fxashun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ga
Posts: 23,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin
Los Angeles Middle-aged swingers are more at risk for contracting sexually transmitted infections than other groups, like people in their 20s or gay men.

A study from the Netherlands found that heterosexual swinging couples over the age of 45 were most likely to be infected, and may be a potential "STI transmission bridge to the entire population," Nicole Dukers-Muijrers, who led the study from a Dutch health clinic, said in The Australian.



Fifty-five percent of 9,000 patients who sought treatment for STIs among three Dutch clinics between 2007-2008 fell into this pool. Gay men made up 31% of STI carriers.



The full results from the study are published in the June issue of the journal Sexually Transmitted Infections.





Straight Swingers Most Vulnerable to STIs - Yahoo! News
Swingers, Sex Workers, STIs: Same Data, Different Day

But then again MSM still somehow had higher percentages though.

chlamydia

MSM, 10.2%

straight people, 9.7%

swingers, 6.4%

sex workers, 4.2%


gonorrhea

MSM, 6.3%

sex workers, 0.8%

straight people, 0.6%

swingers, 4.3%


combined

MSM, 14.2%


straight people, 10.1%

swingers, 10.4%

sex workers, 4.8%






So among the sluts and manwhores, the rates are probably high, but for your "average" citizen and gay guy, the rates still favor gay men by a large margin.
fxashun is offline  
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:18 AM   #3
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
Swingers eh? How deviant and abnormal.
waitingtables is offline  
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:22 AM   #4
Nomad
 
fxashun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ga
Posts: 23,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables
Swingers eh? How deviant and abnormal.
Being a slut or manwhore is deviant and abnormal? Not if you watch most any show or movie in today's media.



Monogamy is almost deviant and abnormal these days if you look at the rates of "hooking up", single parenthood, and divorce.
fxashun is offline  
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:33 AM   #5
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
Switching partners at a party is right in the defintion of traditional marriage. As is spreading sexually transmitted diseases.
waitingtables is offline  
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:43 AM   #6
Nomad
 
fxashun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ga
Posts: 23,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables
Switching partners at a party is right in the defintion of traditional marriage. As is spreading sexually transmitted diseases.
I didn't know that was to definition of "swinger" in the Netherlands to include only "married" people. It appears it only means "couples who screw other partners", marriage need not apply.

defined as being in a heterosexual relationship and having sex with other heterosexuals.



Doesn't say anything about "marriage", traditional or otherwise.



In fact among all those in that study, by far, most of the people were heterosexual and NOT swinging.



The largest group (74-75%) were young heterosexuals (excluding swingers).



It appears age played as much a part of the diagnoses as swinging.
fxashun is offline  
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:50 AM   #7
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
You can use whatever books from whatever country you like, but the fact is that when people talk about swingers, they are generally referring to married couples. Or couples that are in a committed relationship that switch partners. It really doesn't make one bit of difference. There are plenty of swingers that are married couples.



But of course you will get all wrapped up in semantical disagreements because you can't quite grasp the concept of things in a larger sense. I understand. But there is no need to do that now. I made my point. Deviant human behavior is the way to describe it,especially when the people taking part in this are married or "committed" partners.
waitingtables is offline  
Old June 29th, 2010, 06:55 AM   #8
Nomad
 
fxashun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ga
Posts: 23,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables
You can use whatever books from whatever country you like, but the fact is that when people talk about swingers, they are generally referring to married couples. Or couples that are in a committed relationship that switch partners. It really doesn't make one bit of difference. There are plenty of swingers that are married couples.
No you can't "use whatever books", in THIS thread we are talking about a SPECIFIC study, done in a SPECIFIC country. So it makes ALL the difference in THIS thread.



Quote:
But of course you will get all wrapped up in semantical disagreements because you can't quite grasp the concept of things in a larger sense.
There is no larger sense in THIS thread yet. WE have the parameters built in for what the discussion is, so there are no semantics before post 10. Did you even read the OP?



Quote:
I understand. But there is no need to do that now. I made my point. Deviant human behavior is the way to describe it,expecialy when the people taking part in this are married or "committed" partners.
No it appears you don't even know the topic of the thread or even read the OP. How could you make a point when you don't even know what the topic is?



Even if you "point" was switching partner is somehow defined in "traditional marriage", it appears that's not even supported by the data. The vast majority of the people weren't swingers and there are no indications how many were married or just with someone.
fxashun is offline  
Old June 29th, 2010, 07:02 AM   #9
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
You are proving my point. You can never be wrong and when you are you start this crap that you just did in your last post.



Did the article say heterosexual swinging couples or not? Yes, it did. What the fuck are you talking about? As I said, you can't ever grasp a larger concept and then you call people stupid or start harping on things that are not really important at all. Swingers are couples, not individuals. That is true for the Netherlands and everywhere else that you find them. And heterosexual couples are "traditional", whether they are married or just in a committed relationship. And they are spreading diseases. Whcih is deviant. Get it?
waitingtables is offline  
Old June 29th, 2010, 07:15 AM   #10
Nomad
 
fxashun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ga
Posts: 23,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables
You are proving my point. You can never be wrong and when you are you start this crap that you just did in your last post.
Let's see where I'm wrong.



Quote:
Did the article say heterosexual swinging couples or not? Yes, it did.
Nowhere did it say "married" though. All it said was "in a relationship and screwing other people". That does not indicate married. Especially not "traditional marriage" as you said in your post.



Quote:
What the fuck are you talking about? As I said, you can't ever grasp a larger concept and then you call people stupid or start harping on things that are not really important at all. Swingers are couples, not individuals. That is true for the Netherlands and everywhere else that you find them. And heterosexual couples are "traditional", whether they are married or just in a committed relationship. And they are spreading diseases. Whcih is deviant. Get it?
We aren't talking about a "larger concept" though. Again, the definitions are right there. Swingers are couples, but not necessarily married. You didn't say "couples" though, you said "traditional marriage". So you, as usual need to quite saying shit you don't mean so you won't have to come back later and add more generalized bullshit later. There may be some expectation of monogamy in a "couple" but there are no "vows" to do so as there is in "Traditional marriage", so you can stick your "switching partners is right in the definition of traditional marriage" back in your bullshit statements made by WT file. Cause "traditional marriage" is not defined by switching partners.



And also we aren't talking about any country, nor an "accepted" definition, as you said. We are talking about a specific country, a specific study, and nowhere was "married" mentioned. Only if they were in "a couple".
fxashun is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Gay and Lesbian Rights

Tags
statistics, std, update



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some Sobering And Surprising Statistics Stan Fan Education 3 March 4th, 2013 05:36 PM
World population statistics fxashun Political Talk 2 June 29th, 2008 09:46 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.