Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Gay and Lesbian Rights

Gay and Lesbian Rights Gay and Lesbian Political Rights Forum - For topics and discussions about LGBT


Thanks Tree222Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2015, 10:47 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 21,520
Homosexuality is a Behavior, Not a Civil Right



Ferman Smith was driving in Dearborn Heights, Michigan when he saw something so outrageous he says he had to turn around and go back to photograph it. Above, the photo Smith took and posted to Facebook.

The Oakland Press reports this is just one of an untold number of billboards that share the same message: "Homosexuality is a behavior," they insist, "not a civil right." Smith says he was "dumbfounded."

The billboards are part of a money-making campaign by a coalition of anti-gay organizations and anti-gay hate groups, partnering to spread lies while trying to profit from their message of hate.

The billboards are sponsored by Restrain The Judges. Its website says the coalition includes the American Family Association, Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, and Scott Lively's Abiding Truth Ministries all of which appear on the Southern Poverty Law Center's anti-gay hate groups list. Other organizations include the Liberty Alliance and Faith 2 Action. Also included in the coalition is Matt Barber's BarbWire website, which repeatedly has published authors who have called for the death of gay people.

Restrain the Judges offers visitors the opportunity to email a faux "restraining order" to lawmakers in Congress and justices at the Supreme Court. For the low, low price of just $49.95, you can give these anti-gay groups all your personal contact information, and your credit card number, so they can do the same thing you can do for free elsewhere.

Smith wants to create a billboard in response to the anti-gay hate message, and he's started a GoFundMe page to do just that.

Support our cause and help us spread a message of equality: Stand up against RestrainTheJudges by Ferman Smith - GoFundMe
tristanrobin is offline  
Old May 8th, 2015, 11:13 AM   #2
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,553
I got nothing....
Sabcat is offline  
Old May 8th, 2015, 11:15 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
LongWinded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 11,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post


Ferman Smith was driving in Dearborn Heights, Michigan when he saw something so outrageous he says he had to turn around and go back to photograph it. Above, the photo Smith took and posted to Facebook.

The Oakland Press reports this is just one of an untold number of billboards that share the same message: "Homosexuality is a behavior," they insist, "not a civil right." Smith says he was "dumbfounded."

The billboards are part of a money-making campaign by a coalition of anti-gay organizations and anti-gay hate groups, partnering to spread lies while trying to profit from their message of hate.

The billboards are sponsored by Restrain The Judges. Its website says the coalition includes the American Family Association, Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, and Scott Lively's Abiding Truth Ministries all of which appear on the Southern Poverty Law Center's anti-gay hate groups list. Other organizations include the Liberty Alliance and Faith 2 Action. Also included in the coalition is Matt Barber's BarbWire website, which repeatedly has published authors who have called for the death of gay people.

Restrain the Judges offers visitors the opportunity to email a faux "restraining order" to lawmakers in Congress and justices at the Supreme Court. For the low, low price of just $49.95, you can give these anti-gay groups all your personal contact information, and your credit card number, so they can do the same thing you can do for free elsewhere.

Smith wants to create a billboard in response to the anti-gay hate message, and he's started a GoFundMe page to do just that.

Support our cause and help us spread a message of equality: Stand up against RestrainTheJudges by Ferman Smith - GoFundMe
No where on the internet, nor in conversations regarding the Christian Reconstruction movement of born again evangelicals will you EVER hear the words "intelligent", "informed", "knowledgeable", EVER used in the context with that group. Stupid is as stupid does and for over 45 years they have proven they are stupid.
Thanks from Daws77
LongWinded is offline  
Old May 8th, 2015, 11:20 AM   #4
Your Own Moderator
 
pensacola_niceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 31,434
I didn't know gay people were born Asian.
pensacola_niceman is offline  
Old May 8th, 2015, 11:30 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 21,520
it's a little known fact - we try to keep it covert
Thanks from locke23, catus felis and LongWinded
tristanrobin is offline  
Old May 9th, 2015, 05:55 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,437
Aren't most civil rights based on behavior?

Free speech
Freedom to petition the government
Freedom of assembly
Freedom to bear arms
Freedom from self incrimination
Freedom of travel
Right to vote
Right to own property
Thanks from foundit66, Daws77 and Kipper
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old May 9th, 2015, 05:57 AM   #7
Your Own Moderator
 
pensacola_niceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 31,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Aren't most civil rights based on behavior?

Free speech
Freedom to petition the government
Freedom of assembly
Freedom to bear arms
Freedom from self incrimination
Freedom of travel
Right to vote
Right to own property
Only at it applies to gay Asians.
Thanks from Sabcat
pensacola_niceman is offline  
Old May 9th, 2015, 09:43 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 16,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Aren't most civil rights based on behavior?

Free speech
Freedom to petition the government
Freedom of assembly
Freedom to bear arms
Freedom from self incrimination
Freedom of travel
Right to vote
Right to own property
Is sexual preference a civil right, or simply a lifestyle? Should the government be involved in mandating lifestyles? Where does the Courts mandate of a lifestyle come from? Shouldn't social norms be left up to the dictates of sovereign states? If the Bill of Rights is based on "natural law", is homosexuality a norm?
caconservative is offline  
Old May 9th, 2015, 10:39 AM   #9
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Is sexual preference a civil right, or simply a lifestyle? Should the government be involved in mandating lifestyles? Where does the Courts mandate of a lifestyle come from? Shouldn't social norms be left up to the dictates of sovereign states? If the Bill of Rights is based on "natural law", is homosexuality a norm?
So by your logic if you were in the minority in your state and the majority disagreed w/ your "lifestyle" choice you would accept them voting you "off the island "?
Thanks from tristanrobin
Sabcat is offline  
Old May 9th, 2015, 11:49 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 5,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
So by your logic if you were in the minority in your state and the majority disagreed w/ your "lifestyle" choice you would accept them voting you "off the island "?
This is exactly where many people get derailed about how our country is supposed to work. We are majority rule, but never at the expense of individual liberties.

Most have spent their entire lives as part of the majority and they rarely if ever stop to consider what its like to be in the minority. They never consider that one day, some where, over some issue, they may wind up on the other side of the equation.

Many on the Christian right are experiencing this right now. Society has shifted. We are becoming more secular. Less religious, and more importantly less inclined toward organized religion. After two centuries of imposing their will on this country, with little or no push back, they suddenly find themselves
in the minority and being told they can no longer ride rough shod over those they disagree with. That they can longer, as my tag line says, change my rights based on THEIR interpretation of the parts of the bible they choose to believe in.
BubbaJones is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Gay and Lesbian Rights

Tags
behavior, civil, homosexuality


« about orlando | - »

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Senate Rejects Civil Rights Nominee For Defending Civil Rights skews13 Current Events 6 March 5th, 2014 08:38 PM
Fine Christian Behavior tristanrobin Gay and Lesbian Rights 9 October 26th, 2013 09:10 AM
Rep. David Wu Says He's Better Now After 2010's Erratic Behavior npr Current Events 0 February 22nd, 2011 07:20 AM
Bunning's abrasive behavior spans careers CNN Current Events 13 March 3rd, 2010 09:38 AM
More ETHICAL Behavior By Abortionists Jefferson Abortion 19 January 12th, 2007 06:59 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.