Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Gay and Lesbian Rights

Gay and Lesbian Rights Gay and Lesbian Political Rights Forum - For topics and discussions about LGBT


Thanks Tree494Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2016, 01:31 PM   #491
Beach Goddess
 
catus felis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: arkansas
Posts: 4,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Moss View Post
Ignorant nasty lefties like to use the word "fuck" as a reinforcement of their post. They're intellectually challenged and their vocabulary is very weak, thus the need to use a cuss word.
Not necessarily. There's a vast difference between 'mother' and 'mother fucker'.
Thanks from kbear and Hollywood
catus felis is offline  
Old March 6th, 2016, 04:51 PM   #492
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Dismiss the argument,
i have not simply dismissed your argument, i have explained in detail why your evidence does not say what you claim it says. you however have dismissed my argument simply by claiming it must be biased.
Quote:
belittle your opponent,
belittle your argument perhaps.
Quote:
claim evidence you do not have.
except i have posted several independent sources of evidence. you didnt bother to check any of it out.
Quote:
Dismiss DSM.
absolutely
Quote:
That is hilarious. You realize that is what brought trans into the world of not being a mental illness.
no it didnt. research into the phenomena of transgenderism and the brain in general is what identified trans people as physically abnormal rather than mentally abnormal. DSM followed. it followed badly, for the record. it certainly didnt set the agenda.
Quote:
Guess DSM is great when it agrees with your narrative. When it doesn't it wrong and bad.
i never cite DSM, its crap whether it agrees with me or not. the fact that you keep bringing up DSM just shows how little you know about the topic.
Quote:
John Hopkins medical center is such a joke isn't it. What the fuck would they know.
not sure where this came from.
Quote:
Don't worry kids, were going to get you in the politically act to. Well, not really, after mommy and daddy get you doped up on Ritalin, then they will look cool to their politically correct neighbors by sporting their politically correct 8 year old Jimmy who is now being trained to be 8 year old Jenny. We call that good medicine now. Because there is no such thing as biological sex. Whatever sex organs you are born with no longer apply. Actually, hell why don't we just let parents decide what sex their baby can be. "Excuse me Dr. we really wanted a boy, can we arrange that?" " Certainly, we can. Just give me a copy of your insurance card and Billy will be Bobbi in just a few snips. It is for the best you know"
i agree, this is idiocy. its also mostly lies, and that which isnt lies is irrelevant.
Thanks from Lyzza
hot dragon is offline  
Old March 6th, 2016, 07:21 PM   #493
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: Transgender is ?Mental Disorder;' Sex Change ?Biologically Impossible?

That is where the John Hopkins comment came from. It also shows you are unwilling to accept any other position. I would think someone who is in depth into this would realize that a former chief of psychiatry medicine at John Hopkins agrees that it is a mental illness and sex reassignment is not a good idea.

Also, for the record, your earlier "God" reference does not really apply to me. But, hey liberals on here have assigned me a religion several times. Again, it fits their narrative so well. Just so you know, I am agnostic. Sorry to mess up your fantasy of me quoting anti-gay religious crap. Oh, I am not anti gay or anti same sex marriage either. Just so you do not waste your time making those blind accusations. I am anti junk science/medicine in the name of political correctness. I am anti junk medicine/science when we involve children.
Thanks from Jimmyb
coke is offline  
Old March 6th, 2016, 08:01 PM   #494
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: Transgender is ?Mental Disorder;' Sex Change ?Biologically Impossible?

That is where the John Hopkins comment came from. It also shows you are unwilling to accept any other position. I would think someone who is in depth into this would realize that a former chief of psychiatry medicine at John Hopkins agrees that it is a mental illness and sex reassignment is not a good idea.
The TransAdvocate | Clinging to a dangerous past: Dr Paul McHugh?s selective reading of transgender medical literature

i cannot remember how often i have said you dont understand how science operates. there are varying opinions in medicine, every field. so far i have presented the argument for gender reassignment based on cutting edge neuropsychiatric research, i think that is a compelling case. paul mchugh is more conservative. the other article you cited is yet another perspective, that gender is socially not biologically determined. you might ponder that the two sources you have posted lately on this thread directly contradict each other.

the fact that there are different opinions in medicine is no surprise, its the norm. there is still a small crowd who argue there is no such disease as schizophrenia, its due to bad parenting. there are even a few anti vaccine doctors around. your appeal to authority, pointing to one doctor as 'evidence' simply shows, again, you dont understand the topic.
Thanks from catus felis and Lyzza
hot dragon is offline  
Old March 6th, 2016, 08:10 PM   #495
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Also, for the record, your earlier "God" reference does not really apply to me. But, hey liberals on here have assigned me a religion several times. Again, it fits their narrative so well.
i never assigned a religion to you, just suggested it was the logical next step in your argument. it pleases me to know you are not basing your belief on anyones imaginary friend. there is still hope for you.

Quote:
Just so you know, I am agnostic. Sorry to mess up your fantasy of me quoting anti-gay religious crap. Oh, I am not anti gay or anti same sex marriage either. Just so you do not waste your time making those blind accusations.
not that i would have made any such allegations until you had said something, but thanks for the info.

Quote:
I am anti junk science/medicine in the name of political correctness. I am anti junk medicine/science when we involve children.
so am i, on both counts. i entirely agree with you when it comes to pushing transgender stuff onto children, or operating on children. if you are anti junk science you should be anti DSM. science often reveals things that on the face of it, dont make sense. common sense would never have revealed that atoms, all matter you ever encounter, is 99.99% empty space. common sense and simple use of our senses leads to the conclusion the earth is stationary and the universe revolves around us. science shows us the universe is strange, and our simple observations and assumptions are not always accurate.
hot dragon is offline  
Old March 6th, 2016, 08:10 PM   #496
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
The TransAdvocate | Clinging to a dangerous past: Dr Paul McHugh?s selective reading of transgender medical literature

i cannot remember how often i have said you dont understand how science operates. there are varying opinions in medicine, every field. so far i have presented the argument for gender reassignment based on cutting edge neuropsychiatric research, i think that is a compelling case. paul mchugh is more conservative. the other article you cited is yet another perspective, that gender is socially not biologically determined. you might ponder that the two sources you have posted lately on this thread directly contradict each other.

the fact that there are different opinions in medicine is no surprise, its the norm. there is still a small crowd who argue there is no such disease as schizophrenia, its due to bad parenting. there are even a few anti vaccine doctors around. your appeal to authority, pointing to one doctor as 'evidence' simply shows, again, you dont understand the topic.
Yeah, I see what you mean by Dr. Mchugh being biased now. I read the article you posted. Wow, yeah what an eye opener. Its good to see a really unbiased approach from PHD Student Mary Brigh. It is obvious she has much more insight than Dr. McHugh does. She is very unbiased as well. I mean just look at her unbiased profile.

Quote:
Mari is a Detroit-based genetics researcher, PhD student, educator and medicalprofessional. She has presented her research at several national-level conferences and has been published in major medical journals. She actively volunteers with local Michigan queer and trans advocacy groups, and works to train the next generation of doctors on caring for trans people. She writes about queer, trans, and feminist topics and assorted nerdy things at transnerdfeminist.com, and on Twitter at @MariTheTNF. - See more at: The TransAdvocate | Clinging to a dangerous past: Dr Paul McHugh?s selective reading of transgender medical literature
Thanks from Jimmyb
coke is offline  
Old March 6th, 2016, 08:20 PM   #497
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Yeah, I see what you mean by Dr. Mchugh being biased now. I read the article you posted. Wow, yeah what an eye opener. Its good to see a really unbiased approach from PHD Student Mary Brigh. It is obvious she has much more insight than Dr. McHugh does. She is very unbiased as well. I mean just look at her unbiased profile.
Male Scots wear Kilts and that does not make them transgender. If a male wants to wear a dress then that is his business.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old March 6th, 2016, 08:29 PM   #498
Senior Member
 
hot dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: australia
Posts: 9,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Yeah, I see what you mean by Dr. Mchugh being biased now. I read the article you posted. Wow, yeah what an eye opener. Its good to see a really unbiased approach from PHD Student Mary Brigh. It is obvious she has much more insight than Dr. McHugh does. She is very unbiased as well. I mean just look at her unbiased profile.
sure. she has an agenda. but dont for a moment think the director of psychiatry at john hopkins hospital doesnt have an agenda, its just a different agenda.

trying as much as we can to be objective, lets assess the accuracy of each of these recently posted links and check the evidence that each one presents. in the brighe article i can count 9 separate links to scientific articles to support her position, and many other links to other newspaper articles, legal articles, questionaires and surveys, and other agencies and organisations. in the mchugh article there are none. there is one link to another newspaper article, and two links to john hopkins hospital.

the fact that there are different opinions in medicine is no surprise, its the norm. there is still a small crowd who argue there is no such disease as schizophrenia, its due to bad parenting. there are even a few anti vaccine doctors around. your appeal to authority, pointing to one doctor as 'evidence' simply shows, again, you dont understand the topic.
Thanks from Twisted Sister and Lyzza
hot dragon is offline  
Old March 6th, 2016, 10:25 PM   #499
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
sure. she has an agenda. but dont for a moment think the director of psychiatry at john hopkins hospital doesnt have an agenda, its just a different agenda.

trying as much as we can to be objective, lets assess the accuracy of each of these recently posted links and check the evidence that each one presents. in the brighe article i can count 9 separate links to scientific articles to support her position, and many other links to other newspaper articles, legal articles, questionaires and surveys, and other agencies and organisations. in the mchugh article there are none. there is one link to another newspaper article, and two links to john hopkins hospital.

the fact that there are different opinions in medicine is no surprise, its the norm. there is still a small crowd who argue there is no such disease as schizophrenia, its due to bad parenting. there are even a few anti vaccine doctors around. your appeal to authority, pointing to one doctor as 'evidence' simply shows, again, you dont understand the topic.
I thought I counted 12 links in her article.

Quote:
Dr McHugh’s opinions do not represent the views of the mainstream medical establishment, rather they are the erroneous, bigoted beliefs of a scientist who appears far too invested in his own antiquated, disproven theories and his anti-LGBT political position than the current state of medical affairs. - See more at: The TransAdvocate | Clinging to a dangerous past: Dr Paul McHugh?s selective reading of transgender medical literature
And he is a bigot for citing any opposing studies.

Then there is this really bigoted homophobic opinion. That even though it is very recent, it should be ignored as well.
Quote:
Sex/gender differences in the brain are of high social interest because their presence is typically assumed to prove that humans belong to two distinct categories not only in terms of their genitalia, and thus justify differential treatment of males and females. Here we show that, although there are sex/gender differences in brain and behavior, humans and human brains are comprised of unique “mosaics” of features, some more common in females compared with males, some more common in males compared with females, and some common in both females and males. Our results demonstrate that regardless of the cause of observed sex/gender differences in brain and behavior (nature or nurture), human brains cannot be categorized into two distinct classes: male brain/female brain.
The National Academy of the United States of America is just a bunch of bigoted racist homophobes. DIE CIS MALE!!

Last edited by coke; March 6th, 2016 at 10:28 PM.
coke is offline  
Old March 6th, 2016, 11:06 PM   #500
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
I thought I counted 12 links in her article.



And he is a bigot for citing any opposing studies.

Then there is this really bigoted homophobic opinion. That even though it is very recent, it should be ignored as well.

The National Academy of the United States of America is just a bunch of bigoted racist homophobes. DIE CIS MALE!!
I got in trouble for not wearing my seatbelt in Vietnam. I just bought a new truck and defeated the not wearing seat belt alarm. Seat belts are beyond sense and sensibility government regulation in my opinion.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Gay and Lesbian Rights

Tags
mentally, transgenders, treat



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If Transgenders are OK, are Transracials? RNG Current Events 12 June 13th, 2015 07:21 AM
Feinstein say all veterans are mentally ill. pana8 Current Events 17 January 30th, 2014 07:56 AM
Is Nancy Pelosi Mentally Ill? Tony Perkins Politicians 25 January 23rd, 2012 05:18 PM
The Rancher And The Mentally Challenged Guy Radicalcentrist Conservatism 2 November 16th, 2011 12:53 PM
Dadt No More, Now Transgenders Say No More! gulfwar_veteran Current Events 282 October 12th, 2011 10:45 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.