Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Gay and Lesbian Rights

Gay and Lesbian Rights Gay and Lesbian Political Rights Forum - For topics and discussions about LGBT


Thanks Tree17Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2015, 08:28 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
I was responding to a claim that same sex couples had a higher divorce rate than traditional married couples, I pointed out that the numbers didn't indicate that. And I stated it didn't matter what the number was.
Who gives a rat's ass whether or not same sex couple get divorced at a higher rate that traditional couple, or less or the same?
That would be important to who and why?
Thanks from goober
Hollywood is offline  
Old August 30th, 2015, 08:55 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 10,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Your next step is provide the evidence I am wrong.
You're trolling, that's always wrong...
goober is offline  
Old August 30th, 2015, 08:59 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
You're trolling, that's always wrong...
I can see how substantiation with evidence would seem like trolling to you.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old August 30th, 2015, 09:00 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 10,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Who gives a rat's ass whether or not same sex couple get divorced at a higher rate that traditional couple, or less or the same?
That would be important to who and why?
Exactly, Same sex marriage having a higher divorce rate than traditional marriage was given as a reason that same sex marriage should be banned.
When it was pointed out that same sex marriage has a lower divorce rate, it suddenly didn't matter, except to Jimmy who wishes to prove the the same sex divorce rate is not usable....which if it doesn't matter, like I said, and you said, is completely irrelevant...
Thanks from Hollywood
goober is offline  
Old August 30th, 2015, 09:35 AM   #35
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
LOL @ everyone arguing over who gets to run to the government first for permission to marry
coke is offline  
Old August 30th, 2015, 12:43 PM   #36
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,934
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
I can see how substantiation with evidence would seem like trolling to you.
Considering you never provided it in the first place, it's ludicrous for you to demand others disprove a position you never proved.

Goober's right.
You're trolling cause you don't have anything other than to insist to ignore the evidence others provide while refusing to substantiate a position you refuse to acknowledge you can't.


Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
Exactly, Same sex marriage having a higher divorce rate than traditional marriage was given as a reason that same sex marriage should be banned.
Oh...
But just think of the fun we could have with such an argument if we give it credibility.
If you look at religion and divorce rate, atheists have a lower divorce rate than Christians.
If we sub-divide Christianity, Catholics and Lutherans have a lower divorce rate but Baptists have a higher divorce rate.
So we get to ban Baptists from marrying, right?
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_dira.htm

I'm being facetious but the argument you mention is ludicrous regardless of the actual statistics.
But that doesn't stop it from being fun to poke at the foolishness of the actual outcome, right?

I've got an idea.
Since so many conservatives argued that gay marriage recognition should be a state decision, shouldn't the consequences thereof also be state driven?
I know JimmyB wanted to ignore Massachusetts' current divorce stats, but shouldn't they be evaluated on a state by state basis?

(Yeah. I'm still being facetious.)


Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
When it was pointed out that same sex marriage has a lower divorce rate, it suddenly didn't matter, except to Jimmy who wishes to prove the the same sex divorce rate is not usable....which if it doesn't matter, like I said, and you said, is completely irrelevant...
It's the right-wing mentality to decide on the conclusion (wanting to maintain status quo) and then attempt to work backwards for justification. It leads to making up a lot of b.s. arguments which they gotta then ignore when they get shot down.

Last edited by foundit66; August 30th, 2015 at 12:50 PM.
foundit66 is offline  
Old August 30th, 2015, 12:52 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
Considering you never provided it in the first place, it's ludicrous for you to demand others disprove a position you never proved.

Goober's right.
You're trolling cause you don't have anything other than to insist to ignore the evidence others provide while refusing to substantiate a position you refuse to acknowledge you can't.
Considering I have and you are a typical run of the mill West Coast liberal crusading against facts, and have yet to make a post of substance, that would make you a troll. Anytime you feel the urge to make a post of substance regarding one of my posts rather than vomiting baseless liberal tripe, knock your lights out.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old August 30th, 2015, 01:13 PM   #38
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Considering I have and you are a typical run of the mill West Coast liberal crusading against facts...
1) Ad hominem. So predictable.
2) You haven't presented any facts. So I can't "crusade" against what you have failed to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
... and have yet to make a post of substance...
For now, I'm using your failure of an argument against you.
If that isn't substance, then your argument lacks substance as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Anytime you feel the urge to make a post of substance regarding one of my posts rather than vomiting baseless liberal tripe, knock your lights out.
I have / do for people who offer substance.
You aren't on that list.

It's interesting how my previous post included a LOT of facts you ignore in order to go strict ad hominem.
foundit66 is offline  
Old August 30th, 2015, 01:22 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
1) Ad hominem. So predictable.
2) You haven't presented any facts. So I can't "crusade" against what you have failed to offer.


For now, I'm using your failure of an argument against you.
If that isn't substance, then your argument lacks substance as well.


I have / do for people who offer substance.
You aren't on that list.

It's interesting how my previous post included a LOT of facts you ignore in order to go strict ad hominem.
I've presented the fact that there is no data. Your nescient tripe probably plays well with others of your defective ilk, but it won't play out so well with me.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old August 30th, 2015, 04:25 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,725
The entire article is bull shit. Frightwing propaganda to further rile up the Christians. The supposition that gay marriage provides "nothing to the community" is complete supposition. Gay couples buy houses, go to church, help with charities, have children, attend PTA meetings and shop at the local grocery store just like every other married couple in the nation. How is the community not benefiting from their stability within the community ?? The whole "slippery slope" argument is beyond ludicrous.

The FACT is, there are more straight people using prostitutes than there are gay people in the nation. The majority of people using prostitutes are MARRIED !!! The number one service requested is the basic blow job. The number one reason given for getting their knobs polished by a pro is, "my wife won't do it".

Last survey I saw said 37% of men and 26% of women have or will cheat on their spouses.

I don't see gays doing anything straight people haven't been doing since the dawn of time

Last edited by BubbaJones; August 31st, 2015 at 06:43 AM.
BubbaJones is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Gay and Lesbian Rights

Tags
gay, marriage, points”, reference, rentboy, “social



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In reference to all the riots Engineer Racism 7 August 24th, 2014 07:50 AM
Input (For Future-Reference), For Gamers.... Medicine Man Current Events 2 May 16th, 2014 04:53 AM
Lefties useWingnut web sites, Conservaitves reference the actual report. TNVolunteer73 Current Events 28 March 17th, 2014 06:44 PM
Another Gop Homophobe Rents A Rentboy skrekk Gay and Lesbian Rights 19 August 14th, 2011 07:23 PM
Clinton: RFK reference unrelated to Obama CNN Current Events 2 May 25th, 2008 09:21 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.