Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Gay and Lesbian Rights

Gay and Lesbian Rights Gay and Lesbian Political Rights Forum - For topics and discussions about LGBT


Thanks Tree138Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2016, 10:01 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Do you understand what the word majority means? Sorry old boy, but the rest of us have to live in the present century and it's realities.
Your right. We are now subject to a SC of nine unelected judges no longer held to the restrictions of the Constitution. They are now free to spin original intent in any direction they want. They have become the ultimate Legislative arm of the government. We might as well abolish the other two.
Thanks from Jimmyb
caconservative is offline  
Old January 7th, 2016, 11:26 AM   #52
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Your right. We are now subject to a SC of nine unelected judges no longer held to the restrictions of the Constitution. They are now free to spin original intent in any direction they want. They have become the ultimate Legislative arm of the government. We might as well abolish the other two.
What these Kool-Aid drinkers cannot grasp is the foundation of our representive form of government. Of the three branches of government, the structure was to give a limited amount of power to Congress as Congress was elected to represent the states in the Senate and the people in the House. No power was surrendered to the executive branch over the people or the states. If the judicial branch was intended to have power or jurisdiction over the states, state laws, or the citizens of the states outside Article I, Section 8, federal judges would have been elected.

The purpose of the Ninth Amendment was allay the fear that the necessary and proper clause could be interpreted to expand the federal government's limited power in Article I, Section 8 beyond what was given.
Thanks from caconservative
Jimmyb is offline  
Old January 7th, 2016, 11:36 AM   #53
Put some ice on that
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
What these Kool-Aid drinkers cannot grasp is the foundation of our representive form of government. Of the three branches of government, the structure was to give a limited amount of power to Congress as Congress was elected to represent the states in the Senate and the people in the House. No power was surrendered to the executive branch over the people or the states. If the judicial branch was intended to have power or jurisdiction over the states, state laws, or the citizens of the states outside Article I, Section 8, federal judges would have been elected.

The purpose of the Ninth Amendment was allay the fear that the necessary and proper clause could be interpreted to expand the federal government's limited power in Article I, Section 8 beyond what was given.
what gives the states authority over marriage?
Sabcat is offline  
Old January 7th, 2016, 11:38 AM   #54
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
what gives the states authority over marriage?
Retained sovereignty and the will of the people of the states.
Thanks from caconservative
Jimmyb is offline  
Old January 7th, 2016, 02:25 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 21,837
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Your right. We are now subject to a SC of nine unelected judges no longer held to the restrictions of the Constitution. They are now free to spin original intent in any direction they want. They have become the ultimate Legislative arm of the government. We might as well abolish the other two.
Oh boo-fucking-hoo.
It's the Constituion that GIVES the SCOTUS it's authority. There's a perfectly good reason it's called the SUPREME Court and NOT the pretty-damned-important Court.
Your personal OPINION that the SCOTUS has over-stepped it's authority does not mean jack-shit.
Hollywood is offline  
Old January 7th, 2016, 02:50 PM   #56
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gamma Solaris
Posts: 22,930
Yes. Filthy language supports your logic, I guess.
Thanks from Jimmyb and Sabcat
Tony is offline  
Old January 7th, 2016, 02:50 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
The Constitution does not give the Supreme Court its authority, and "the Supreme Court" is never mentioned in the Constitution.
Thanks from Tony and Sabcat
Jimmyb is offline  
Old January 7th, 2016, 03:32 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Oh boo-fucking-hoo.
It's the Constituion that GIVES the SCOTUS it's authority. There's a perfectly good reason it's called the SUPREME Court and NOT the pretty-damned-important Court.
Your personal OPINION that the SCOTUS has over-stepped it's authority does not mean jack-shit.
Does the Constitution give the SC Legislative power? Does it even mention the SC? Could you point that out to us. I can't to find it. The only Constitutional power given to the SC is "interpretation". They do not have the power to alter any Congressional law. Maybe your not informed on the separation of powers and their distinct functions, and restrictions.
Set the Gay issue aside. Concentrate on how the SC arrived at their decision. If the SC can spin original intent to justify superseding states rights, what stops them from doing the same with any portion of the Bill of Rights? I suggest you read Justice Kennedy's laughable opinion. Look at what he and the other 4 justices based their decision on. Then take a hard look at what Due Process and Equal Protection means within the confines of the Constitution.
This is not about me and my opinion. This is about 5-judges who completely overstepped their authority. Something all of us should be concerned about. No matter your political affiliation.
Thanks from Jimmyb

Last edited by caconservative; January 7th, 2016 at 03:36 PM.
caconservative is offline  
Old January 7th, 2016, 03:41 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 10,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
The Constitution does not give the Supreme Court its authority, and "the Supreme Court" is never mentioned in the Constitution.
The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish.

Where's that from?
goober is online now  
Old January 7th, 2016, 03:43 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
LOL...still a legend in your own mind I see.
Still can't get your head around the word, "RISTRICTION"? First and foremost, the Constitution is a RISTRICTION on government. Once you grasp that fundamental FACT, the rest should fall into place for you.
Thanks from Jimmyb
caconservative is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Gay and Lesbian Rights

Tags
alabama, blocking, chief, issues, justice, licenses, marriage, order, samesex



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Judge Roy Moore is the Chief Justice of the state of Alabama intangible child Current Events 11 February 16th, 2015 05:23 PM
Mississippi KKK Chapter Backs Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore In Anti-Gay Marriage Fi LongWinded Current Events 38 February 14th, 2015 06:22 PM
Alabama's Anti Sharia Law Bill Shoots Down Judges Anti Marriage Equality Order skews13 Current Events 0 February 12th, 2015 12:14 PM
Executive Order -- Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Conflict The White House The White House 0 May 14th, 2014 07:20 AM
Executive Order -- Blocking Property of Certain Persons Contributing to the Situation The White House The White House 0 March 6th, 2014 05:22 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.