Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Gay and Lesbian Rights

Gay and Lesbian Rights Gay and Lesbian Political Rights Forum - For topics and discussions about LGBT


Thanks Tree54Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2016, 09:20 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Read the ruling. It's explained there.
I have, and no, it doesn't explain it. Why don't you explain it to us.
caconservative is offline  
Old January 13th, 2016, 09:22 AM   #42
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
I suppose, for a person such as yourself, who has a very limited ability to comprehend the Constitution and it's restrictions, the need to have it explained to you would be a priority.
All that needs to be known is that gay marriage has been legal in all 50 states since July and that will not change, your hissy fits aside.
Camelot is offline  
Old January 13th, 2016, 09:24 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
I have, and no, it doesn't explain it. Why don't you explain it to us.
I might as well try to describe the color blue to a person blind from birth.
Thanks from waitingtables
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old January 13th, 2016, 09:30 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Read the ruling. It's explained there.

Now explain how what Scalia did isn't "judicial activism"
Why don't you explain substantive due process in the 1860s, which didn't exist by the way.

Scalia only used and referenced the law, its intent, and its tradition.
Thanks from caconservative and excalibur
Jimmyb is offline  
Old January 13th, 2016, 10:25 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
I might as well try to describe the color blue to a person blind from birth.
So your telling me you can't because, neither Due Process nor Equal Protection apply and YOU don't know why. Why would you comment on a subject your obviously ignorant in.
Thanks from Jimmyb
caconservative is offline  
Old January 13th, 2016, 10:29 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
All that needs to be known is that gay marriage has been legal in all 50 states since July and that will not change, your hissy fits aside.
Wow, now there's a argument? Five Activist Judges just pissed on the Constitution and your good with that because..."they" say so?! I'm betting your just ignorant enough to have voted for Obimbo...TWICE!!
caconservative is offline  
Old January 13th, 2016, 12:06 PM   #47
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Wow, now there's a argument? Five Activist Judges just pissed on the Constitution and your good with that because..."they" say so?! I'm betting your just ignorant enough to have voted for Obimbo...TWICE!!
I'm merely stating reality. You denialists can go on whining for years but your efforts will end up meaning squat at the end of the day. That needs repeating.
Camelot is offline  
Old January 13th, 2016, 12:52 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
Asimov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Whoa now! You need a JD to understand law? If that be the case, why did 5-Acitivest Judges fail to understand Due Process and it's restrictions? Those clowns are sitting in the Supreme Court!
Do you have a degree in Constitutional, or statute law? How much training did you get in Constitutional law?
Is that a serious question? Anyone who has actually graduated from an ABA law school knows the answer. You can't complete an legal education without it. For my part, I amjured Con Law I and II, and my professor did his internship with the U.S. Supreme Court, mentored by Antonin Scalia. On top of that I have a degree in History, and taught American Government in high school and college for the better part of 20 years.

I KNOW the Constitution.

I don't want to seem like I'm bragging, but you DID ask.
Thanks from waitingtables and Hollywood

Last edited by Asimov; January 13th, 2016 at 12:54 PM. Reason: amended response
Asimov is offline  
Old January 13th, 2016, 01:35 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 23,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
I suppose, for a person such as yourself, who has a very limited ability to comprehend the Constitution and it's restrictions, the need to have it explained to you would be a priority.
Oh really? And just what is your training in either American law and/ot Constitutional; law?
Hollywood is offline  
Old January 13th, 2016, 01:37 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,823
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asimov View Post
Is that a serious question? Anyone who has actually graduated from an ABA law school knows the answer. You can't complete an legal education without it. For my part, I amjured Con Law I and II, and my professor did his internship with the U.S. Supreme Court, mentored by Antonin Scalia. On top of that I have a degree in History, and taught American Government in high school and college for the better part of 20 years.

I KNOW the Constitution.

I don't want to seem like I'm bragging, but you DID ask.
Does the average lawyer receive an education in Constitutional law, or statutory law? Knowing the Constitution and understanding the original intent are two different issues. There are many that can quote the Constitution but, very few who can who bother to investigate the original intent and how it is applied to the Constitution. What they will quote is, statutory law. Regardless of whether that statute conforms to original intent, or just what some judge decided it was going to be. Almost from the beginning, the Court has tried to assume more power than was ever intended. And they did it by corrupting original intent which made it's way into statutory law. Garbage in, garbage out!
caconservative is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Gay and Lesbian Rights

Tags
judicial activism, real, talk



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whew!!!! Talk About "Cold-Blooded"!!! Medicine Man Current Events 1 May 8th, 2014 03:41 PM
It's time for "Real Change" WE start at the top, and "trickle down"! intangible child Current Events 0 February 14th, 2014 09:03 AM
The Real Story Behind Bill Gates And "Death Panels" Dude111 Healthcare 1 October 3rd, 2010 08:17 PM
CT Gov. denounces judicial activism on homosexual marriage garysher Gay and Lesbian Rights 166 October 18th, 2008 03:31 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.