Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Gay and Lesbian Rights

Gay and Lesbian Rights Gay and Lesbian Political Rights Forum - For topics and discussions about LGBT


Thanks Tree100Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2017, 05:30 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 23,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
Quit playing stupid old man. You know what you said and where. Now since you love you some Tristan, show where Trump has removed ANY of his "Rights".
You're lying. Quote the post on this thread where i said anything about Trump or Pence.
I never said Trump had removed ANY of Tristan rights. Again, quote where I did.
Stop your childish lies. You're just making a fool of yourself.
Hollywood is online now  
Old October 18th, 2017, 05:53 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 24,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I never said Trump had removed ANY of Tristan rights.
I'm the one who said that this administration is trying to un-do gay civil rights that have been achieved.

Here’s some of what the Trump administration has done in its nearly eight months in office, even before they filed a brief supporting the baker in the case of the anti-gay baker:

Argued in court that the Civil Rights Act does not protect gay people from discrimination in the workplace.

Moved to ban transgender Americans from serving in the armed forces.

Revoked an Obama administration guidance to public schools instructing them to avoid discriminating against transgender students.

Removed questions on sexual identity from Department of Health and Human Services surveys, eliminating data that could be used to identify challenges LGBTQ Americans face.

Rescinded an executive order President Obama had signed requiring federal contractors to verify their compliance with civil rights laws.

There will no doubt be more over the next three years, and some of it will make gay people’s lives more difficult. But it won’t change the direction of history.

... and let's not forget, it's only been 8 months (it only SEEMS like 8 years). Hell, Auschwitz wasn't built in 8 months.
Thanks from RNG and Hollywood
tristanrobin is offline  
Old October 18th, 2017, 09:10 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 4,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
Trump's administration keeps taking away gay rights from certain areas of life in America ... and, of course, he makes headlines joking that the Vice President of America thinks that all gays should be hung.

That's really funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Name one right lost due to President Trump in the gay community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
I'm the one who said that this administration is trying to un-do gay civil rights that have been achieved.

Here’s some of what the Trump administration has done in its nearly eight months in office, even before they filed a brief supporting the baker in the case of the anti-gay baker:

Argued in court that the Civil Rights Act does not protect gay people from discrimination in the workplace.

Moved to ban transgender Americans from serving in the armed forces.

Revoked an Obama administration guidance to public schools instructing them to avoid discriminating against transgender students.

Removed questions on sexual identity from Department of Health and Human Services surveys, eliminating data that could be used to identify challenges LGBTQ Americans face.

Rescinded an executive order President Obama had signed requiring federal contractors to verify their compliance with civil rights laws.

There will no doubt be more over the next three years, and some of it will make gay people’s lives more difficult. But it won’t change the direction of history.

... and let's not forget, it's only been 8 months (it only SEEMS like 8 years). Hell, Auschwitz wasn't built in 8 months.
No, that is incorrect. You said they had already taken away rights. I asked for you to name one gay right that has been lost at the hand of President Trump. I am still waiting for that answer.
Thanks from Sabcat and Quigley
guy39 is offline  
Old October 18th, 2017, 09:18 AM   #24
Political Agnostic
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Death penalty for both sounds reasonable to me.
My apologies, I mistakenly assumed that when you said "both" you meant Trump and Pence, clearly you did not.
Quigley is offline  
Old October 18th, 2017, 09:19 AM   #25
Political Agnostic
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
I'm the one who said that this administration is trying to un-do gay civil rights that have been achieved.

Here’s some of what the Trump administration has done in its nearly eight months in office, even before they filed a brief supporting the baker in the case of the anti-gay baker:

Argued in court that the Civil Rights Act does not protect gay people from discrimination in the workplace.

Moved to ban transgender Americans from serving in the armed forces.

Revoked an Obama administration guidance to public schools instructing them to avoid discriminating against transgender students.

Removed questions on sexual identity from Department of Health and Human Services surveys, eliminating data that could be used to identify challenges LGBTQ Americans face.

Rescinded an executive order President Obama had signed requiring federal contractors to verify their compliance with civil rights laws.

There will no doubt be more over the next three years, and some of it will make gay people’s lives more difficult. But it won’t change the direction of history.

... and let's not forget, it's only been 8 months (it only SEEMS like 8 years). Hell, Auschwitz wasn't built in 8 months.
You've lost nothing, grow up. You retain every "right" you had before he became Prez. Stop lying.
Quigley is offline  
Old October 18th, 2017, 11:19 AM   #26
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
I'm the one who said that this administration is trying to un-do gay civil rights that have been achieved.

Here’s some of what the Trump administration has done in its nearly eight months in office, even before they filed a brief supporting the baker in the case of the anti-gay baker:

Argued in court that the Civil Rights Act does not protect gay people from discrimination in the workplace.

Moved to ban transgender Americans from serving in the armed forces.

Revoked an Obama administration guidance to public schools instructing them to avoid discriminating against transgender students.

Removed questions on sexual identity from Department of Health and Human Services surveys, eliminating data that could be used to identify challenges LGBTQ Americans face.

Rescinded an executive order President Obama had signed requiring federal contractors to verify their compliance with civil rights laws.

There will no doubt be more over the next three years, and some of it will make gay people’s lives more difficult. But it won’t change the direction of history.

... and let's not forget, it's only been 8 months (it only SEEMS like 8 years). Hell, Auschwitz wasn't built in 8 months.


So now transgenders are gays?

Shit man, this postmodernism is confusing.
Thanks from guy39
Sabcat is offline  
Old October 18th, 2017, 01:31 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quigley View Post
You've lost nothing, grow up. You retain every "right" you had before he became Prez. Stop lying.
When Trump was first nominated, I was telling the “social conservatives“ Trump was not a candidate they thought he was.

But now, 9 months into his presidency, the only group it is still fiercely loyal to him art of those “social conservatives“. In order to keep those cheering crowds showing up to his campaign speeches and feeding his insatiable ego he has to play to that crowd. (And there is one the major problems with Trump. He needs to feed his ego. Campaigning feeds the ego, actually governing does not.) So while candidate Trump didn’t care if Trans people served, President Trump needs to prohibit it. It’s not that President Trump cares if they serve but Trump needs the adoring crowds so he tweets out the he’s going to ban them from serving.

Trump needs the adoring crowds so he endorses Roy Moore. He needs the adoring crowds so he lashes out at the “unpatriotic” NFL players taking a knee. Trump needs the adoring crowds so people who are critical of him aren’t the opposition, they are losers, failures and sad.
Thanks from tristanrobin
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old October 18th, 2017, 01:35 PM   #28
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
When Trump was first nominated, I was telling the “social conservatives“ Trump was not a candidate they thought he was.

But now, 9 months into his presidency, the only group it is still fiercely loyal to him art of those “social conservatives“. In order to keep those cheering crowds showing up to his campaign speeches and feeding his insatiable ego he has to play to that crowd. (And there is one the major problems with Trump. He needs to feed his ego. Campaigning feeds the ego, actually governing does not.) So while candidate Trump didn’t care if Trans people served, President Trump needs to prohibit it. It’s not that President Trump cares if they serve but Trump needs the adoring crowds so he tweets out the he’s going to ban them from serving.

Trump needs the adoring crowds so he endorses Roy Moore. He needs the adoring crowds so he lashes out at the “unpatriotic” NFL players taking a knee. Trump needs the adoring crowds so people who are critical of him aren’t the opposition, they are losers, failures and sad.

Trump is fighting and wining the culture war anyone who has realized what a cancer modern American liberalism is is enjoying the show.

What laws have been passed in during the trump administration?
Thanks from guy39
Sabcat is offline  
Old October 18th, 2017, 01:42 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 24,272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
So now transgenders are gays?

Shit man, this postmodernism is confusing.
Technically, no.

But, not all of those things are about transgendered.

And they all fall in the same basket when it comes to civil rights and legal discrimination protection.

I'm not going to argue about it.

I realize you're one of the Trumpanzees and will cheer and bleat him on as he dismantles the forward advances of minorities in America. There's no point in discussing it with you. It's why I'm not here very much any longer and why I put the most egregious vulgarians on ignore. It's just not worth the bother. Like the old axiom, 'Don't try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.' So it goes with trying to educate right wing social extremists who believe 'different' is wrong and/or evil and worthy of dehumanization.
tristanrobin is offline  
Old October 18th, 2017, 01:46 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Trump is fighting and wining the culture war anyone who has realized what a cancer modern American liberalism is is enjoying the show.

What laws have been passed in during the trump administration?
No, he is LOOSING the “culture war”. The people that got him elected, that “middle” 30-40% that don’t identify as Republican/Conservative or Democrat/Liberal don’t give a rat’s ass about the “culture war”. Now that Trump has jumped in with both feet (something he went out of his way to avoid during the campaign) those voters are abandoning him in droves. This is why his approval rating is high 30s/low 40s AT BEST.

Sure the crowds that show up at his campaign stops are cheering loudly but the majority are sitting back and thinking, “How THE FUCK did we elect this moron?!?!?!”
Thanks from tristanrobin
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Gay and Lesbian Rights

Tags
acceptable, homophobia, making, pence, trump



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pence could hopefully go down with trump. GhostRider Americas 1 April 1st, 2017 11:13 AM
Pence as big a liar as Trump GhostRider Americas 34 March 18th, 2017 09:36 AM
Do you think Trump can trust Pence? Elagablus Current Events 3 January 22nd, 2017 11:30 AM
Looks like Trump picks Pence excalibur Current Events 27 July 17th, 2016 03:09 PM
Trump/Pence the oddest couple. GhostRider Americas 20 July 16th, 2016 10:32 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.