Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Gay and Lesbian Rights

Gay and Lesbian Rights Gay and Lesbian Political Rights Forum - For topics and discussions about LGBT


Thanks Tree100Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2017, 01:53 PM   #31
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
No, he is LOOSING the “culture war”. The people that got him elected, that “middle” 30-40% that don’t identify as Republican/Conservative or Democrat/Liberal don’t give a rat’s ass about the “culture war”. Now that Trump has jumped in with both feet (something he went out of his way to avoid during the campaign) those voters are abandoning him in droves. This is why his approval rating is high 30s/low 40s AT BEST.

Sure the crowds that show up at his campaign stops are cheering loudly but the majority are sitting back and thinking, “How THE FUCK did we elect this moron?!?!?!”
Keep telling yourself that. Keep beleving those polls and the mainstream media. I will keep believing the temperature of the people of middle America.
Thanks from guy39 and Hashtag
Sabcat is offline  
Old October 18th, 2017, 01:59 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 24,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Keep telling yourself that. Keep beleving those polls and the mainstream media. I will keep believing the temperature of the people of middle America.
No, you will simply keep believing whatever fits your agenda and makes you feel superior. It makes no difference to you if we have a dishonest, lying, cheating, self-important, thin-skinned, vindictive, vulgarian as president, as long as his prejudices and racist attitudes align with yours.

That's why discussing issues with such people is so pointless. Facts, truth, and reality mean nothing to them if they can make themselves believe something is different than reality. They even coined a phrase for it: alternative facts. And it's now entered the lexicon.
tristanrobin is offline  
Old October 18th, 2017, 02:49 PM   #33
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
Technically, no.

But, not all of those things are about transgendered.

And they all fall in the same basket when it comes to civil rights and legal discrimination protection.

I'm not going to argue about it.

I realize you're one of the Trumpanzees and will cheer and bleat him on as he dismantles the forward advances of minorities in America. There's no point in discussing it with you. It's why I'm not here very much any longer and why I put the most egregious vulgarians on ignore. It's just not worth the bother. Like the old axiom, 'Don't try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.' So it goes with trying to educate right wing social extremists who believe 'different' is wrong and/or evil and worthy of dehumanization.

You are not going to argue about it because you cannot. Your thread is about how the Trump administration is making homophobia acceptable. You attempted to defend this by saying they are taking away gay rights. When challenged you could not because this does not exist. Then you interjected transgenders into the conversation. They are two seperate issues no matter how you try and pretend it is not.

But go ahead sweetie give it the college try.
Thanks from guy39
Sabcat is offline  
Old October 18th, 2017, 04:52 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 4,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
You are not going to argue about it because you cannot. Your thread is about how the Trump administration is making homophobia acceptable. You attempted to defend this by saying they are taking away gay rights. When challenged you could not because this does not exist. Then you interjected transgenders into the conversation. They are two seperate issues no matter how you try and pretend it is not.

But go ahead sweetie give it the college try.
Best post of this thread by far. By the way Tristan, I am eagerly awaiting a response to my question. To reiterate it once again. What rights has Donald Trump taken from you?
Thanks from Sabcat and Sensible
guy39 is offline  
Old October 18th, 2017, 06:15 PM   #35
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Best post of this thread by far. By the way Tristan, I am eagerly awaiting a response to my question. To reiterate it once again. What rights has Donald Trump taken from you?
This is what the left has become. This is postmodernism. There is no discussion. There is an underlying belief that to even to acknowledge the oppositions position then they have won. Now many or maybe even most of them are not consciously aware this but it still exists. It is a sad state of affairs.
Sabcat is offline  
Old October 18th, 2017, 06:29 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Hell
Posts: 863
I feel sorry for the boy, but the title of the thread is pure BS.

There is probably some juxtaposition out there where there is another person posting something claiming the boy was killed because he wanted to learn how to speak English.

You see how stupid this madness has become?
Thanks from guy39 and Sabcat
Marcus Livius is offline  
Old October 18th, 2017, 09:03 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Livius View Post
I feel sorry for the boy, but the title of the thread is pure BS.

There is probably some juxtaposition out there where there is another person posting something claiming the boy was killed because he wanted to learn how to speak English.

You see how stupid this madness has become?
It's become so stupid, everyone overlooked this:

Hatami explained that the couple “beat Gabriel, bit him, burned him with cigarettes, whipped him, shot him with a BB gun, starved him, fed him cat litter and kept him gagged and bound in this cubby until he was found on May 22, 2013.”


This incident occurred way before Trump was elected president.
Thanks from guy39, Sabcat and Hollywood
imaginethat is offline  
Old October 18th, 2017, 09:13 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 4,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
It's become so stupid, everyone overlooked this:

Hatami explained that the couple “beat Gabriel, bit him, burned him with cigarettes, whipped him, shot him with a BB gun, starved him, fed him cat litter and kept him gagged and bound in this cubby until he was found on May 22, 2013.”


This incident occurred way before Trump was elected president.
Good point. Then please explain why the title of this thread is "Thanks Pence and Trump for Making Homophobia Acceptable"?

If you can you would be the only one who can
guy39 is offline  
Old October 18th, 2017, 09:56 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Good point. Then please explain why the title of this thread is "Thanks Pence and Trump for Making Homophobia Acceptable"?

If you can you would be the only one who can
Sorry, I can't do it.

I'm watching good, intelligent people lose their minds, people across the political spectrum.

We've got to stop it somehow.
Thanks from guy39, Sabcat and Quigley
imaginethat is offline  
Old October 18th, 2017, 10:02 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 4,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Sorry, I can't do it.

I'm watching good, intelligent people lose their minds, people across the political spectrum.

We've got to stop it somehow.
Its because our political leaders across the said spectrum have engaged in tearing each other down. The news media of today would rather have front page news of that and stick a bi partisan agreement in Congress on page 12. Politics has become professional wrestling, excuse the sports/entertainment analogy. We the people have became the biggest fans instead of being a concerned electorate.
Thanks from imaginethat and Sabcat
guy39 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Gay and Lesbian Rights

Tags
acceptable, homophobia, making, pence, trump



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pence could hopefully go down with trump. GhostRider Americas 1 April 1st, 2017 11:13 AM
Pence as big a liar as Trump GhostRider Americas 34 March 18th, 2017 09:36 AM
Do you think Trump can trust Pence? Elagablus Current Events 3 January 22nd, 2017 11:30 AM
Looks like Trump picks Pence excalibur Current Events 27 July 17th, 2016 03:09 PM
Trump/Pence the oddest couple. GhostRider Americas 20 July 16th, 2016 10:32 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.