Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Gay and Lesbian Rights

Gay and Lesbian Rights Gay and Lesbian Political Rights Forum - For topics and discussions about LGBT


Thanks Tree26Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 6th, 2017, 07:31 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
You said Christians, I that is an attack on me and my Brothers and sisters in Christ.
Too bad you feel that way. Always looking for a fight, aren't you?
Pay closer attention to what I actually said as opposed to what you made up in your head in order to justify starting a fight.

I said "such people", meaning the OP's preacher and the assholes in his church that apparently support his position, and that they CLAIM to be Christian.

Now what "brothers in Christ" of yours did I ATTACK???
Thanks from RNG
Hollywood is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 07:39 AM   #32
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 34,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Too bad you feel that way. Always looking for a fight, aren't you?
Pay closer attention to what I actually said as opposed to what you made up in your head in order to justify starting a fight.

I said "such people", meaning the OP's preacher and the assholes in his church that apparently support his position, and that they CLAIM to be Christian.

Now what "brothers in Christ" of yours did I ATTACK???
Christians.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 08:34 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Christians.
You simply cannot be this obtuse, just not possible.

So, you ARE saying that the preacher in the OP and the members of his church that support him are indeed "real Christians" and YOU consider them to be your "brothers in Christ."
Hollywood is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 08:37 AM   #34
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 34,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
You simply cannot be this obtuse, just not possible.

So, you ARE saying that the preacher in the OP and the members of his church that support him are indeed "real Christians" and YOU consider them to be your "brothers in Christ."


I don't know if they are Christian or not, I do know they are not preaching the Doctine of Christ......

Thus is why If I were a member of the church I would take the actions I stated.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 08:47 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 20,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
I don't know if they are Christian or not, I do know they are not preaching the Doctine of Christ......

Thus is why If I were a member of the church I would take the actions I stated.
I asked you how was I ATTACKING Christians. YOUR word, your accusation.

You just now said you "don't know if they are Christians or not." So I'll accept that as you retracting your accusation I was attacking Christians, your "brothers in Christ."
Thanks from imaginethat
Hollywood is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 08:53 AM   #36
Political Agnostic
 
Quigley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bakersfield
Posts: 1,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
Conservative Christian Pastor Calls for Executing All Gay People by Christmas Day


... to celebrate Christmas Day because this is what Jesus would say.
Note this is not being reported in the U.S. This is from a U.K. paper.


It sounds like a sermon that would be delivered in Uganda, but it’s actually from the mouth of an American pastor in Arizona.

Conservative Christian Pastor Steven Anderson openly called for executing every gay person in America during a Sunday sermon at his church in Tempe, Arizona. He claimed from the pulpit that gays need to be put to death in the name of God by Christmas Day in an effort to wipe out AIDS, even though AIDS is not a virus exclusive to the LGBT community. Anderson opined:

Turn to Leviticus 20:13, because I actually discovered the cure for AIDS. If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. And that, my friend, is the cure for AIDS. It was right there in the Bible all along — and they’re out spending billions of dollars in research and testing. It’s curable — right there. Because if you executed the homos like God recommends, you wouldn’t have all this AIDS running rampant.

In addition, Anderson went on a hateful tirade about how gay people will never be allowed to step foot inside his church.

“No homos will ever be allowed in this church as long as I am pastor here,” Anderson declared. “Never! Say ‘You’re crazy.’ No, you’re crazy if you think that there’s something wrong with my ‘no homo’ policy.”

Here’s the video via YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7Sixv7uQOM

Slowly but surely, conservatives are becoming more extreme in their anti-gay views. So much so, that some are now willing to endorse genocide in the name of God in a desperate bid to force their agenda of hate upon the nation. Despite the fact that the Constitution is the law of the land, conservative Christians like Anderson want to replace that document with the Bible.

The mass extermination of an entire group people is something the Nazis would be applauding. According to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, conservatives are acting just like the Nazis did in Germany, from claims that homosexuality is a sign of the decay of the nation, to claiming that it’s a disease that can be “cured,” to calling for killing gay people.

Many in Germany regarded the Weimar Republic’s toleration of homosexuals as a sign of Germany’s decadence. The Nazis posed as moral crusaders who wanted to stamp out the “vice” of homosexuality from Germany…

Because some Nazis believed homosexuality was a sickness that could be cured, they designed policies to “cure” homosexuals of their “disease” through humiliation and hard work.

Thousands of gay people died in concentration camps under Nazi rule.

It sounds like Anderson is one of those who are posing as a “moral crusader” to push their hateful anti-gay agenda. And yet, conservatives have the nerve to compare liberals to the Nazis. If we continue to stand by and allow conservatives to take power in the United States, we may discover to our horror that similar Nazi anti-gay policies have been established under the cloak of religion.

By Stephen D. Foster Jr.
http://churchandstate.org.uk/2017/11...christmas-day/
The guys a kook as are the people that remain in his Congregation.
Thanks from Sensible
Quigley is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 09:46 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
You think that what you state are facts...this is what Barry Goldwater (Republican) was warning us about 30 years ago!

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.”
Oh yes Preachers have control of the republican party! What an infantile thing to believe. You know what people of faith believe, we believe in right, and wrong, black, and white no gray area. Moral absolutes!
Sensible is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 09:53 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor boogie woogie View Post
Quote......

Very Misleading to call him a Christian. He is not, not one Christian I know would support that nonsense. But hey lumping all in with him helps your agenda to embarrass people of Faith........

Why is it misleading? It isn't at all if you follow the Bible and what the Bible says and dictates. To be a Christian is to believe the Bible. The Bible says to kill homosexuals, unruly children and harlots. The Bible is rife with its position of homosexuals, in both the Old and New Testament. The Book of Romans talks about putting away the natural affection of the woman with burning lusts of one another. All destined to hell. That's the Bible!

The Bible is not a book of love and forgiveness. People who say it is "cherry pick" the Bible to its own ends without reading the whole text. The vast majority of people with faith go to a church or a temple and have someone else, a minister or a priest tell them what the Bible says and doesn't say. The Bible is such a convoluted mess that it is very difficult to read and understand and people for over a thousand years have had their own interpretations, hence the hundreds of denominations.

Christmas itself is condemned in the Bible. Read Jeremiah 10;1-5 (or 6) Christmas comes from Paganism. Ask a minister, should Christians co-opt and celebrate pagan beliefs? Most all will say no way. But here we are. So any minister or church that celebrate Christmas is Biblically ignorant.

The best Bible teachers I have had online have been the Westboro Baptist Church. God doesn't love everyone. God sends people to hell. God kills. God predestines people to hell and death, to deny this is to deny His divinity.

Anyone with love, forgiveness, tolerance and acceptance of other people should steer clear of the Bible!
You need to read this
https://www.gotquestions.org/homosex...h-penalty.html
Sensible is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 09:54 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Our Founders understood precisely that allowing government and religion to mix would invariably lead to passions that would be the end of the republic. While most were religious men, they took pains to keep religion out of politics.

By God, you don't compromise with folks when you're acting in the name of God. You don't compromise with evil. The other side is not just bad. It's evil.

Up next: The death of the republic.
I disagree it was to keep politics out of the Church because of it's greed and corruption. That is the reason for the wording in the 1st amendment.
Sensible is offline  
Old December 6th, 2017, 10:09 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 15,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible View Post
I disagree it was to keep politics out of the Church because of it's greed and corruption. That is the reason for the wording in the 1st amendment.
Read Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Paine and James Madison. They wanted our secular government and religion separate. Both from the point of government mixing in religion and religion mixing in government. They recognized that allowing one would lead to the other. The only way to prohibit one was to prohibit both.
Thanks from imaginethat
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Gay and Lesbian Rights

Tags
calls, christian, christmas, conservative, day, executing, gay, pastor, people



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
White Christian America in Decline: Why Young People Are Sick of Conservative Religio LongWinded Religion 0 March 25th, 2015 04:28 PM
Christian pastor feeds hundreds of Muslim prison inmates CheckPlease Current Events 2 October 6th, 2014 08:15 AM
Anti-Gay Christian Pastor Charged Over Public Masturbation knowuryder Current Events 36 November 15th, 2011 12:35 PM
Florida pastor calls off Quran burning CNN Current Events 29 September 15th, 2010 07:35 AM
Florida pastor calls off Quran burning Current Events 0 December 31st, 1969 04:00 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.