Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Gay and Lesbian Rights

Gay and Lesbian Rights Gay and Lesbian Political Rights Forum - For topics and discussions about LGBT


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2008, 09:10 AM   #1
Banned
 
garysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,677
Arizonans defend marriage from homosexual activism

The opponents of marriage in Arizona and special interests in Washington, DC have pledged millions of dollars for their campaign to redefine marriage here in Arizona.



Arizonans will vote on November 4, 2008 on Ballot Proposition 102 which reads:





“Only a union of one man and one woman shall be valid or recognized as a marriage in this state.”







We urge you to vote “YES” which will place this statement into the Arizona Constitution and secure this principle for our state law.





http://www.yesformarriage.com/

garysher is offline  
Old August 28th, 2008, 09:21 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 21,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysher
The opponents of marriage in Arizona and special interests in Washington, DC have pledged millions of dollars for their campaign to redefine marriage here in Arizona.


wow - how many homeless would that house? how many hungry would that feed?



anyway.



When gay couples marry, the marriage license applications, the marriage licenses themselves, and the vows used to enter into the legally binding contract of marriage, are exactly the same as those used by straight couples. The rights, benefits, privileges and responsibilities stay exactly the same. In other words, nothing changes at all.



If something stays exactly the same, it is hardly being redefined.



At one time, blacks and women were barred from voting. When the restrictions were lifted, the definition of voting didn't change - 'voting' was not 'redefined.' Just as nothing changes with the definition of marriage when the restriction from gay couples marrying is lifted.
tristanrobin is offline  
Old August 28th, 2008, 09:24 AM   #3
Banned
 
garysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin
wow - how many homeless would that house? how many hungry would that feed?



anyway.



When gay couples marry, the marriage license applications, the marriage licenses themselves, and the vows used to enter into the legally binding contract of marriage, are exactly the same as those used by straight couples.



Not true





The rights, benefits, privileges and responsibilities stay exactly the same. In other words, nothing changes at all.



If something stays exactly the same, it is hardly being redefined.


Because it doesn't stay exactly the same:



Traditional definition of marriage = one man + one woman



Re-definition to accommodate homosexuals = any two people



Spot the difference?



How is this staying 'exactly the same'??




It's amazing how you believe you can transmit your own delusion on to others.



Even your comrade homosexual activists agree they are trying to get marriage redefined.
garysher is offline  
Old August 28th, 2008, 09:34 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
knowuryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 7,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysher
Because it doesn't stay exactly the same:



Traditional definition of marriage = one man + one woman



Re-definition to accommodate homosexuals = any two people



Spot the difference?



How is this staying 'exactly the same'??




It's amazing how you believe you can transmit your own delusion on to others.



Even your comrade homosexual activists agree they are trying to get marriage redefined.


Nope, there is no difference...traditional marriage remains one man and one woman.



.......or will one member of the traditional marriage spontaneously change gender?





knowuryder is offline  
Old August 28th, 2008, 09:36 AM   #5
Retired
 
highway80west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 17,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysher
The opponents of marriage in Arizona and special interests in Washington, DC have pledged millions of dollars for their campaign to redefine marriage here in Arizona.



Arizonans will vote on November 4, 2008 on Ballot Proposition 102 which reads:





“Only a union of one man and one woman shall be valid or recognized as a marriage in this state.”







We urge you to vote “YES” which will place this statement into the Arizona Constitution and secure this principle for our state law.





http://www.yesformarriage.com/



Ah sheeesh. So much for someone who worries so much about what the meaning of marriage does to his life.



And who is "we", btw?
highway80west is offline  
Old August 28th, 2008, 09:40 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
knowuryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 7,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway80west
Ah sheeesh. So much for someone who worries so much about what the meaning of marriage does to his life.



And who is "we", btw?
Gary is particularly agitated today, they must have canceled his reformed homosexuals support group meeting at the mega church this morning.









knowuryder is offline  
Old August 28th, 2008, 09:45 AM   #7
Banned
 
garysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowuryder
Nope, there is no difference...traditional marriage remains one man and one woman.



.......or will one member of the traditional marriage spontaneously change gender?







You're so lame.



You know perfectly well that traditional marriage is EXCLUSIVELY one man one woman.



Only 67 days until we emblazon that definition into the California Constitution.



Enjoy your brief spell of delusion whilst you can

garysher is offline  
Old August 28th, 2008, 09:47 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 21,355
traditional marriage will always be one man and one woman



non-traditional marriages will always be two people of the same gender (at least, in my lifetime, I suppose)



so - nope - no change - no redefinition



just your dishonesty and distortion and vicious hate mongering bullshit



but - we do get a kick out of watching you spit and fume and sputter and fuss - we dont always have somebody to point and laugh at
tristanrobin is offline  
Old August 28th, 2008, 09:49 AM   #9
Banned
 
garysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin
traditional marriage will always be one man and one woman



non-traditional marriages will always be two people of the same gender (at least, in my lifetime, I suppose)



so - nope - no change - no redefinition



just your dishonesty and distortion and vicious hate mongering bullshit



but - we do get a kick out of watching you spit and fume and sputter and fuss - we dont always have somebody to point and laugh at


Wanna play cut & paste?



Traditional definition of marriage = one man + one woman



Re-definition to accommodate homosexuals = any two people



Spot the difference?



How is this staying 'exactly the same'??




It's amazing how you believe you can transmit your own delusion on to others.



Even your comrade homosexual activists agree they are trying to get marriage redefined.
garysher is offline  
Old August 28th, 2008, 09:53 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
knowuryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northern California
Posts: 7,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysher
You're so lame.



You know perfectly well that traditional marriage is EXCLUSIVELY one man one woman.



Only 67 days until we emblazon that definition into the California Constitution.



Enjoy your brief spell of delusion whilst you can

Unless one member of the "traditional" marriage spontaneously changes gender, then there is no redefinition.



...and unless by allowing gays to marry, you prevent straight people from marrying, there is no attack on traditional marriage.



....and unless you an invoke your pretend man in the sky to intervene in the election, you will lose by historical precedent and by current polling and predictions.



It looks like you are having a bad day today, did Ms. Debbie escape from the compound?





knowuryder is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights > Gay and Lesbian Rights

Tags
activism, arizonans, defend, homosexual, marriage



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Homosexual Fires Christian For Opposing Homosexual Marriage garysher Gay and Lesbian Rights 11 August 13th, 2011 11:44 AM
NY conservatives vow to defend marriage garysher Gay and Lesbian Rights 1 November 10th, 2008 09:27 PM
CT Gov. denounces judicial activism on homosexual marriage garysher Gay and Lesbian Rights 166 October 18th, 2008 03:31 AM
Floridians rally to defend marriage from homosexual attack garysher Gay and Lesbian Rights 21 September 8th, 2008 10:36 AM
CA: "Troops' rally to defend traditional marriage from homosexual assault garysher Gay and Lesbian Rights 55 August 28th, 2008 09:10 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.