Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Gun Control Gun Control Forum - For topics and discussions about gun laws, gun policies, and gun rights


Thanks Tree129Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2016, 06:01 AM   #91
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 15,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
I wasn't trying to. Just pointing out the lengths the government will go to, to stop you from protecting yourself with a gun. Like I said, the police told my friend he should have killed the guy.
You do not even know what the man was charged with.
So, don't talk to me about it. For all you know he possessed the firearm illegally. It is absolutely ridiculous to say something as silly as the govt. wants to stop people from protecting ourselves with a firearm. Pure bullshit.
Thanks from coke
Hollywood is offline  
Old April 8th, 2016, 06:07 AM   #92
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 15,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
She was implying the Left wanted to put further restrictions on guns. The fact that they do is not in doubt. So far, citizens have been able to stop the Left from further attacks on the 2nd Amendment. One of the controversial plans is to ban gun ownership for those who may have been involved in even minor cases of domestic disturbance. Another strategy is to prohibit the mentally ill from owning firearms, but again the devil is in the definitions of mentally ill.
Then I guess she should have been bright enough to express what she did mean.
I can only read and comment on what people actually say, what is typed in their posts.
Why in the fuck do you people do this. Post something inflammatory, misleading and in many cases just plain dumb.
And then, when the obvious is pointed out start talking shit about what you REALLY meant to say.
What the fuck people?

What? You WANT mentally ill people to have a closet full of firearms? I don't.
Thanks from coke
Hollywood is offline  
Old April 8th, 2016, 07:42 AM   #93
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 5,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
True story: Friend of mine in Californian was asleep. At about 2:am, he hears a sound downstairs. He grabs his 22cal. and heads downstairs. An intruder rushes at him with a butcher knife. My friend shoots him in the legs. Cops come. The cops arrest my friend along with the scumbag, and impound his gun. My friend goes to Court. He receives a one-year suspended sentence, and serves two years probation plus, he is force to pay the medical cost for the scumbag. At the time of my friends arrest the cops told him he should have killed the guy and saved himself a lot of trouble. I now live by that rule. Kill the scumbag!
I grew up in Alabama, certainly a gun friendly state. More than 30 years ago my house was robbed. I asked the cop about self defense. He said I had two choices. Leave the house, or kill the intruder, making sure the entry wound was in the front. He said do not just wound them, because they will sue you for damages.

I still like my gun safety instructor's comments on warning a bad guy, either verbally or with a warning shot. He said the bad guy's first, last and only hint that he just might be in trouble, should be a muzzle flash. He also said he'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
BubbaJones is offline  
Old April 8th, 2016, 09:38 AM   #94
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 15,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Then I guess she should have been bright enough to express what she did mean.
I can only read and comment on what people actually say, what is typed in their posts.
Why in the fuck do you people do this. Post something inflammatory, misleading and in many cases just plain dumb.
And then, when the obvious is pointed out start talking shit about what you REALLY meant to say.
What the fuck people?

What? You WANT mentally ill people to have a closet full of firearms? I don't.
I'm sorry your not grasping the obvious. In the future we should probably use the crayon approach so you won't have to make the connections on your own.
Thanks from coke
caconservative is offline  
Old April 8th, 2016, 10:25 AM   #95
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 15,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
I'm sorry your not grasping the obvious. In the future we should probably use the crayon approach so you won't have to make the connections on your own.
I'm sorry many of you do not have the language skills or vocabulary to say what the fuck you "really mean" on the first try. *shrug*

Didn't know I was supposed to read your minds.
Thanks from coke
Hollywood is offline  
Old April 8th, 2016, 04:47 PM   #96
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA TN
Posts: 10,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
True story: Friend of mine in Californian was asleep. At about 2:am, he hears a sound downstairs. He grabs his 22cal. and heads downstairs. An intruder rushes at him with a butcher knife. My friend shoots him in the legs. Cops come. The cops arrest my friend along with the scumbag, and impound his gun. My friend goes to Court. He receives a one-year suspended sentence, and serves two years probation plus, he is force to pay the medical cost for the scumbag. At the time of my friends arrest the cops told him he should have killed the guy and saved himself a lot of trouble. I now live by that rule. Kill the scumbag!
why was your friend arrested?? if someone is coming at you with a butcher knife are you supposed to let them kill you to avoid jail???
Thanks from coke
kbear is offline  
Old April 8th, 2016, 04:49 PM   #97
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 7,458
Man sees masked man chasing his daughter, he pulls out pistol and blows the guy away.
When the police remove the mask, it's his son....LOL
Thanks from coke
goober is offline  
Old April 8th, 2016, 04:50 PM   #98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA TN
Posts: 10,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
She was implying the Left wanted to put further restrictions on guns. The fact that they do is not in doubt. So far, citizens have been able to stop the Left from further attacks on the 2nd Amendment. One of the controversial plans is to ban gun ownership for those who may have been involved in even minor cases of domestic disturbance. Another strategy is to prohibit the mentally ill from owning firearms, but again the devil is in the definitions of mentally ill.
now they want to keep you from owning a gun if you take anti-depressants. that's MILLIONS of people! and some people only take them for a short time!
Thanks from coke
kbear is offline  
Old April 8th, 2016, 04:53 PM   #99
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA TN
Posts: 10,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
You do not even know what the man was charged with.
So, don't talk to me about it. For all you know he possessed the firearm illegally. It is absolutely ridiculous to say something as silly as the govt. wants to stop people from protecting ourselves with a firearm. Pure bullshit.
it's not silly, it's exactly what alot of liberals want. they won't be happy until all the law abiding citizens are helpless.
Thanks from coke
kbear is offline  
Old April 8th, 2016, 05:22 PM   #100
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA TN
Posts: 10,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
I grew up in Alabama, certainly a gun friendly state. More than 30 years ago my house was robbed. I asked the cop about self defense. He said I had two choices. Leave the house, or kill the intruder, making sure the entry wound was in the front. He said do not just wound them, because they will sue you for damages.

I still like my gun safety instructor's comments on warning a bad guy, either verbally or with a warning shot. He said the bad guy's first, last and only hint that he just might be in trouble, should be a muzzle flash. He also said he'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
what kind of fucked up law allows a thief to sue the homeowner when he breaks into his house!??? if they break into ours, i hope they made a will!
Thanks from coke
kbear is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Tags
breaks, entire, family, home, intruder, lol, shot



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cleveland bills Tamir Rice's family for ambulance ride after cop shot him imaginethat Current Events 18 February 12th, 2016 11:47 AM
Chapel Hill shooting: Three young Muslims gunned down in North Carolina family home LongWinded Current Events 39 February 15th, 2015 02:11 PM
Hero guard shot thwarting attack at Family Research Council HQ Bookworm Current Events 33 August 20th, 2012 11:49 PM
Police: Man Awakens To Intruder In Bed With Him Dude111 Crime and Punishment 8 April 1st, 2010 09:57 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.