Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Gun Control Gun Control Forum - For topics and discussions about gun laws, gun policies, and gun rights


Thanks Tree21Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 20th, 2016, 08:22 PM   #41
Banned
 
jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Adelaide. South Australia.
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
Buy one and see if you can cut a squirrel in half with open sights, range 100 yds. People who scope their guns are not playing fair.

The Remington 270 bored to 7mm magnum is accurate beyond belief with open sights but never shot a squirrel with it but broke a good sized rock in half when a 30-06 with a hot load could not do it.
Who the fck would want to shot a poor fkn squirrel anyway.
jetson is offline  
Old July 20th, 2016, 09:00 PM   #42
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetson View Post
Who the fck would want to shot a poor fkn squirrel anyway.
A hungry person.
Thanks from tristanrobin and jetson
imaginethat is online now  
Old July 21st, 2016, 06:24 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Hmmm. The 30-06 delivers 50 percent more muzzle energy than a 30-30. But, a 30-06 isn't my idea of a fun gun. Kicks like a mule.

I love venison.
The 30 30 is a good deer gun for my area on the east coast, where you are usually hunting in more brush, and wooded areas, and where you aren't taking shots more than 100 yards. The average kill range for deer, squirrel, and turkey, which are the most hunted is 40 yards. Which is why the shotgun is usually the weapon of choice. In the Rocky Mountains, a long range rifle like the 30 06, 308, 7mm, or 270, bolt action, scoped, would be a better choice than the 30 30, or a shotgun, though I could see using a 22 magnum for small game. Large bore rifles to do have good recoils to them, so you don't want a compact version, but the long barrel versions. If you get a chance, try the Remington 700 ADL, or SPS, with the 26 inch barrel. The recoil is more tolerable, especially fitted with a soft shoulder pad on the stock. What hunting I do anymore involves a Remington 870 Express 12 guage, or a Marlin 22 LR.
Thanks from Hollywood
skews13 is offline  
Old July 31st, 2017, 06:11 AM   #44
concerned citizen
 
titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Adirondack Park, NY
Posts: 622
I realize I'm a year late here.

I checked the link.
But they don't list CCI.
They don't list shot-shells.

BUT !!

CCI sells shot-shells for 9mm & .45 ACP.
I have a few left.
They're fine for point-blank use.

I don't care if it's CCI or not, as long as it's reliable, high quality ammo.

But CCI is the only manufacturer I know of for this type of ammo.

I've never had a CCI ammo failure.
titan is online now  
Old July 31st, 2017, 07:03 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 19,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
I've used them for years, pretty good source.
They will drive you nuts with ads for tactical this and tactical that.
Hollywood is offline  
Old July 31st, 2017, 07:24 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Katmandu
Posts: 4,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
Buy one and see if you can cut a squirrel in half with open sights, range 100 yds. People who scope their guns are not playing fair.

The Remington 270 bored to 7mm magnum is accurate beyond belief with open sights but never shot a squirrel with it but broke a good sized rock in half when a 30-06 with a hot load could not do it.
The 270 is a long action rifle. Basically 30-06 brass necked down to a 7mm bullet.

A 7mm magnum has a magnum action, it is physically longer than the 270 action as is the brass.

You can't make a magnum action from a long action.
Libertine is offline  
Old July 31st, 2017, 12:07 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Toefoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: No Name City
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
A friend showed me this site. Order over $100 and shipping is free. The prices are very competitive.

AmmoMan.com - Cheap Gun Ammo with Free Shipping
Ammoseek.com

Buy bulk.
Toefoot is offline  
Old July 31st, 2017, 01:54 PM   #48
concerned citizen
 
titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Adirondack Park, NY
Posts: 622
I've now been to a few different ammo stores within 50 miles, and checked by computer or telephone still others.

It seems:
a) CCI is the only one that makes / sells shotshells for handguns.

b) A few locations have it for .22 LR or 9MM, but none are available in .45 ACP.

Instead I got a box of 20 Hornady Critical Defense 185gr FTX hollow points. They have the narrowest hollow, and thus I'm hoping are least likely to jam on the ramp, due to hollow point catching the bottom of the ramp.

I also got a pistol cleaning kit. Using the one for the long gun got old, and the new one is in a nice metal case.
titan is online now  
Old July 31st, 2017, 03:04 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Katmandu
Posts: 4,995
Quote:
Originally Posted by titan View Post
I've now been to a few different ammo stores within 50 miles, and checked by computer or telephone still others.

It seems:
a) CCI is the only one that makes / sells shotshells for handguns.

b) A few locations have it for .22 LR or 9MM, but none are available in .45 ACP.

Instead I got a box of 20 Hornady Critical Defense 185gr FTX hollow points. They have the narrowest hollow, and thus I'm hoping are least likely to jam on the ramp, due to hollow point catching the bottom of the ramp.

I also got a pistol cleaning kit. Using the one for the long gun got old, and the new one is in a nice metal case.
I have some .45 shot shells, but can't remember what brand they are. I just bought some CCI shot shells for 9mm luger and .357 magnum. They were $15 for a box of 10 at Academy sports.

The .45 are great for snakes and I shot a rabbit at 12 yards and it easily killed it. I alternate the shot shell and hollow points in revolver for snakes and coyotes on the tractor.
Libertine is offline  
Old August 1st, 2017, 09:53 AM   #50
concerned citizen
 
titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Adirondack Park, NY
Posts: 622
Quote:
"I have some .45 shot shells, but can't remember what brand they are." L #49
Guard them with care.
They may soon be worth their weight in gold, if they are not already.
Quote:
"I just bought some CCI shot shells for 9mm luger and .357 magnum." L
Excellent.

BUT !!

Beware!
Even CCI acknowledges that because of the recoil on 9mm, their 9mm shot-shell cartridges can spontaneously disassemble in the gun.

It may be prudent to put one in the chamber, or if you're carrying in condition #3 or #4 *, one in the top slot in the mag; but only if you're confident it won't snag on the ramp. Meaning, jam the gun before you can get a shot off.
Quote:
"They were $15 for a box of 10 at Academy sports." L
Thanks for the tip.
I've bookmarked it. Search Results - .45 ACP ammo | Academy
Quote:
"The .45 are great for snakes and I shot a rabbit at 12 yards and it easily killed it. I alternate the shot shell and hollow points in revolver for snakes and coyotes on the tractor."
I've noticed the variations in CCI shotshell design. The .45 ACP is solid metal case, capped internally (below the rim of the opening) with clear plastic.
Others have protruding blue or red plastic domes w/ shot inside. Some of them may be plastic cylinders.

CCI sells shot-shells in .22LR.
I'm not sure what such ammo would be useful for.

* Firearms / gun carry - mode of carry:
Condition 0 - A round is in the chamber, the hammer is cocked, and the safety is off.
Condition 1 - Also called "cocked and locked", this means that a round is in the chamber, the hammer is cocked, and the manual thumb safety is on.
Condition 2 - A round is in the chamber, the hammer is uncocked.
Condition 3 - There is no round in the chamber, the hammer is uncocked but a fully loaded magazine is inserted in the mag well.
Condition 4 - The chamber is empty, the hammer is uncocked and there is no magazine inserted in the mag well: source - Thorsen
titan is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Gun Control

Tags
ammo, good, site



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Here's Some Ammo for Skews and MM RNG Business & Industries 23 August 14th, 2014 06:51 PM
Your mail carrier needs a lot of ammo. roastpork Gun Control 10 May 28th, 2014 12:46 PM
Send Lawyers, guns, and ammo? roastpork Current Events 0 December 26th, 2013 01:57 PM
Good Security Site: DosHelp.com Dude111 Science and Technology 0 August 28th, 2009 07:33 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.